Author Topic: Looking For: Large Print Keyboards / Keycaps  (Read 5353 times)

Offline REVENGE

Looking For: Large Print Keyboards / Keycaps
« on: Mon, 28 March 2011, 22:09:11 »
Any recommendations for a large print mechanical keyboard with Cherry Blues or Cherry compatible large print key caps? The only board I've located so far is the Scorpius 35 Pro, but the yellow font color is a turnoff. The pad printing is also a concern, but I've never heard of lasered or doubleshot large print key caps.
◕ ‿ ◕

Offline strum4h

« Reply #1 on: Mon, 28 March 2011, 22:22:56 »
The doubleshot group buys from signature plastics have pretty large print from what I have seen.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Filco Tenkeyless with Browns  - SIIG minitouch GHSS

Offline REVENGE

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 28 March 2011, 22:34:34 »
Ah, I think that's just what I need, thanks! That stock font + a Scorpius M10 would do.
◕ ‿ ◕

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 28 March 2011, 23:16:43 »
The doubleshots have big fonts for the letters only.  The other keys are traditional size fonts, perhaps even lacier than most.

Also, the set is designed for Filco and similar boards, with accomodations for G80-3000 and a few similar boards.  You may have fit issues with the bottom row keys on the M10.  I also don't know about the fit for stabilized keys.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline Hak Foo

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 29 March 2011, 00:21:47 »
Not the profile-- which is not much of an issue if you're swapping all keys-- the size.  I think the M10's windows key is single-width, and most likely the other bottom row keys are a different shape

Offline Brodie337

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 29 March 2011, 01:08:17 »
Apparently there's a DSI keyboard with HUGE letters, and I think Yellow ALPS switches (Linear?). I've never seen it for sale though, but I imagine it'd be cheaper than buying a keyboard plus separate caps, though you lose out on switch choice.

Offline REVENGE

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 29 March 2011, 01:18:43 »
Quote from: Hak Foo;320451
Not the profile-- which is not much of an issue if you're swapping all keys-- the size.  I think the M10's windows key is single-width, and most likely the other bottom row keys are a different shape

I was thinking of only swapping the alphanumeric keys, would that be an issue mix and matching with stock modifier keys?

Quote from: Brodie337;320466
Apparently there's a DSI keyboard with HUGE letters, and I think Yellow ALPS switches (Linear?). I've never seen it for sale though, but I imagine it'd be cheaper than buying a keyboard plus separate caps, though you lose out on switch choice.

I know, the board has to have Cherry Blues.
◕ ‿ ◕

Offline Hak Foo

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 29 March 2011, 01:28:25 »
Probably not much of an issue.  IBut the number keys are standard size.

Offline Ascaii

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 29 March 2011, 14:37:34 »
As far as I know there is a Cherry g81-3000 with extra large letters, single keys would be g80 compatible.
"Mechanical keyboards are like pokemon:
you start with one, and then you wanna catch em all."

Offline nolo

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 29 March 2011, 15:04:35 »
Hi, maybe these boards are interesting for you: VIG-G84-4100WB, VIG-G80-3000WB .

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 29 March 2011, 16:15:12 »
Would you consider backlit as an alternative to large fonts? Certainly helps for high visibility?

If yes Deck or XArmor U9BL/S
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline Reaif

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 29 March 2011, 16:17:43 »
I might recommend a Cherry G84-4100. Some of them have pretty big font, but it appears that the black ones are pretty standard. See this one.

They don't have blues though. They have the ML switch which is a lower profile mechanical switch with a linear force curve.
Currently own:
Das S Ultimate with Browns
Cherry G84-4100 with ML Linear switches
Memorex Telex with NMB Space Invaders
Leopold with Blues