Author Topic: Zowie Mouse  (Read 3286 times)

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
Zowie Mouse
« on: Tue, 29 March 2011, 19:30:46 »
Hey guys,

I'm not sure if you guys know a lot about mouses as you do to keyboards, but I was wondering on your opinions.  So I looked into Zowie's gear and came upon the mouses, and the newegg reviews are pretty good but I'm not sure if you guys knew about them.

EC1 = http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-006-_-Product

EC2 = http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...scrollFullInfo

Of course when we look at products, we always assume the second one is better than the first one because it is an upgrade, but the EC1 has more and better reviews. I was also looking up the white one and I wouldn't mind getting it(people go against it because dirt is more visible on it), but I'm not sure how it feels as to the black ones(both mouses have a different feel to it).  I'm not sure which of the mouse suits me if any of them are any good.

Thanks, Sheraton Liv

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
Zowie Mouse
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 29 March 2011, 19:50:19 »
Haha Alright lol.  I have a MX518 already, so I guess it's all good.

Offline Son of Gnome

Zowie Mouse
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 03:29:56 »
Quote from: ripster;321054
Well, don't just listen to me.  The guy with the mean eyes endorsed it.
Show Image

Is the White Glasses to make him look Kanye?

if mean eyes guy says it it must be legit...
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 March 2011, 03:35:44 by Son of Gnome »

Offline IanM

Zowie Mouse
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 08:07:49 »
Quote from: sherryton;321039
we always assume the second one is better than the first one because it is an upgrade, but the EC1 has more and better reviews.
This is the same mouse, just with four options. The EC2 is a little smaller than the EC1, and the white is glossy all over, whereas the black has a textured surface on the top (but the side panels might be smooth)

I believe the mouse is a huge disappointment for the e-sports crowd - they were getting all excited about the optical sensor, but in the end complain it's a version that has too much 'angle-snapping' EDIT: for most of us it's probably not an issue to worry about. I think there was also some complaint relating to the driverless 1000Hz polling that's set at the factory. If you can put up with the excessive amount of childish behaviour (forum is not moderated) there is some useful info to be found here:   ESR forum - search for "Zowie EC1"
ESR forum - search for "Zowie EC2"
I also like XSReviews' mouse reviews, it's useful because there is one reviewer testing many mice and so it's often possible to find a reviewed mouse that you are familiar with. That way you get some idea of how the reviewer thinks v. your own experience.
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 March 2011, 08:19:28 by IanM »

Offline doublethink

Zowie Mouse
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 01 April 2011, 18:54:42 »
My white EC1 came in today, 50$ from newegg.  Plugged in on windows xp sp3, immediately picked it up, opened "mouserate.exe" clean 1000hz. Smooth as glass.  No more .dll hacking to get what I used to have with multiple OCed logitech 310's.  It's great for what it costs, imho.

Always keep in mind 90% of mouse related criticism or praise is all in peoples minds, and heavily opinionated.  Like the guys who were holdouts and swore up and down to ball based mice, or the guys who swear by a certain version of the intellimouse and refuse all else.  Or the logitech 518 guys, what COCKS.  C=  The truth as always is a lousy carpenter blames his tools, and the best could smoke you with a half broken trackpad anyway.  my .02

Offline Lpb45

Zowie Mouse
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 04 April 2011, 14:04:40 »
Quote from: doublethink;323054
My white EC1 came in today, 50$ from newegg.  Plugged in on windows xp sp3, immediately picked it up, opened "mouserate.exe" clean 1000hz. Smooth as glass.  No more .dll hacking to get what I used to have with multiple OCed logitech 310's.  It's great for what it costs, imho.

Always keep in mind 90% of mouse related criticism or praise is all in peoples minds, and heavily opinionated.  Like the guys who were holdouts and swore up and down to ball based mice, or the guys who swear by a certain version of the intellimouse and refuse all else.  Or the logitech 518 guys, what COCKS.  C=  The truth as always is a lousy carpenter blames his tools, and the best could smoke you with a half broken trackpad anyway.  my .02

I still miss how good it felt to play some quake 2 after just freshly cleaning my mouse ball and rollers inside, was so smooth. lol
Topre - 86U   |   Filco - Tenkeyless Linear Red
Filco - Tenkeyless Blue       |   Filco - Fullsize Non NKRO Blue (Work)

Offline Dr.Pepper

Zowie Mouse
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 04 April 2011, 14:37:32 »
Logitech G5, and G500 here. Don't go with anything else, It will all fall apart. Even other Logitech mice.
Keyboards:
Das Keyboard Ultimate ( Blue switches, blank )
IBM \'91 Model M White.

Wishlist:
Deck Legend Toxic ( With "Ghetto" Reds )
Poker Keyboard

Offline snowball

Zowie Mouse
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 06 April 2011, 10:09:44 »
The Zowie EC2 is my mouse of choice. I'm partial to optical sensors and cloth pads. Use a mid sensitivity in the 14" range and claw grip.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 April 2011, 10:11:56 by snowball »
Mice: Zowie EC2, SS Xai, Deathadder Black Edition, Imperator, MX 518, G9
Mousepad: Artisan KAI.g3 HARD, QCK+, SX, 9HD, I-2, NP+, QCK Heavy, Zowie G-TF
Keyboard: G6v2, Mini Choc (blue), Leo Otaku (brown), Poker (Red on order)

Offline Chobopants

Zowie Mouse
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 06 April 2011, 10:23:44 »
Quote from: Lpb45;324428
I still miss how good it felt to play some quake 2 after just freshly cleaning my mouse ball and rollers inside, was so smooth. lol

Haha yes! After every match I would take my mouse ball out and scrape off the rollers. It was a good ritual, felt so smooth after. :)
Realforce 87UW 45g - Filco Blue 87 - Filco Linear R - Filco Brown 104

Offline RiGS

Zowie Mouse
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 06 April 2011, 10:42:33 »
LoL I played Quake 2 on Playstation.
Last edited by RiGS; Jan 2011