Author Topic: Lexmark Model M, 1995, excellent condition, $35  (Read 1651 times)

Offline jpc

• Trade Count: (0)
Lexmark Model M, 1995, excellent condition, $35
« on: Thu, 07 April 2011, 19:35:22 »
Model 92G7453, assembled 09-JAN-95 in USA.

Every rivet is perfect, and the springs feel nice and crisp. This board was and is practically free of board chow, it appears to have led an easy life.

Two piece key caps. Very clean. Types nicely.

Has a blue IBM logo and a permanently attached PS/2 cord.

Asking $35 plus actual cost of shipping, to US preferred.

Thanks

RSI prevention recipe:[/B] Kinesis Contoured, Colemak layout, touch typing, Contour Design Rollermouse,  Logitech TrackMan Wheel, Logitech m570 trackball, "workrave" break timer software, "awesome" window manager, tenkeyless boards, cherry browns, Wang 724 with "ghetto green" ALPS, standing desk and/or comfy adjustable chairs, stress reduction, computer time reduction.

Fun non-ergonomic things: bolt modded Model M Space Saving Keyboards with new springs, Kensington Expert Mouse v7, Unicomp Endurapro, Northgates

Offline placebo guy

• Trade Count: (3)
Leopold TKL MXRed; RF 103U 55G; WASD MXBlack; Unicomp Spacesaver; AT101W; RK-9000 Blue; various Filco

Offline jpc

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 07 April 2011, 22:02:35 »
Sold.

And no it doesn't quite look like that one-- it has a coiled cable and the plastic label surrounding the numlock/capslock/scrlk indicators is brown, not white. Maybe it was not originally a 92G7453.

RSI prevention recipe:[/B] Kinesis Contoured, Colemak layout, touch typing, Contour Design Rollermouse,  Logitech TrackMan Wheel, Logitech m570 trackball, "workrave" break timer software, "awesome" window manager, tenkeyless boards, cherry browns, Wang 724 with "ghetto green" ALPS, standing desk and/or comfy adjustable chairs, stress reduction, computer time reduction.

Fun non-ergonomic things: bolt modded Model M Space Saving Keyboards with new springs, Kensington Expert Mouse v7, Unicomp Endurapro, Northgates

Offline jpc

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 07 April 2011, 22:20:39 »
Interesting, those keyboards are dated the same day. Clicky's has serial number 1046023, mine has serial number 1044932. Both plant F2. (Excuse me-- PLT F2. Nobody knows what PLT means.)

1000+ keyboards coming out of the same plant in one day? I guess so, they made millions of them. Amazing. I wonder what Unicomp's volume is now.

Offline False_Dmitry_II

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 08 April 2011, 23:23:08 »
Yeah, I just kinda flipped for a sec there. It's possible that there were far more than just a thousand a day. Also note, the weird model number. It's possible they made different models on the same day, and I would expect the serial numbers to be sequential starting from one for each model number.

Then I exclaimed "How many of these are there?!" and I realized that's why I'm able to get them so cheaply now. Solely because there are so few of us who care about these, and because there are so many that they're that cheap. Even with all the ones that apparently end up getting tossed in favor of... new rubber domes.

I think I need to cue ripster to post the supply demand curve, because that's a very blatant case.

Why the comment about not knowing what PLT means?
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin (11 Nov. 1755)