Author Topic: Recommendation for key caps  (Read 1852 times)

Offline nhwhaup

Recommendation for key caps
« on: Fri, 15 April 2011, 04:29:16 »
I received my Filco Majestouch with the cherry red switches and love the feel of it.  I've had it for just a couple of days and am noticing the greasy look to some keys already.  I have other keyboards that I've had for a long time with no greasy wear signs.  Also I've read that these keys have a tendency to lose the lettering quickly.

So with all that said I'm looking for a recommendation on where to buy some really nice replacement keys.  I'm open to regular, blank, or colored.  If I get the keys lettered was the dye sublimation method or at least laser etched.  

One other question - does anyone know if the Das Keyboard keys are interchangeable with the Filco?  The new Das Keyboards, I've been told by their customer support are laser etched.  

Thanks,
nhwhazup
Current in order of preference:  RealForce 87U Silent White with variable weighted keys X 2, Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless with Linear Reds, Filco Number-pad, Poker with Linear Reds

Sold or returned:  Multiple Microsoft and Logitech keyboards, Das Keyboard Silent, Cherry 6140, RealForce 103UB, RealForce 86U, Filco Majestouch 2 full sized with Linear Reds

Offline Fwiffo

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 15 April 2011, 08:48:18 »
Filco keys can get shiny, but not that quickly, and the lettering is actually very hard to wear off. The texture on the Filco keys is pretty fine, so it may collect oil from your hands more easily. Have you tried cleaning it?
You can call me... Keyboard Otaku... or not quite...

Offline RiGS

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 15 April 2011, 09:39:47 »
You lost the right arrow.
Last edited by RiGS; Jan 2011

Offline RiGS

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 15 April 2011, 11:22:16 »
Does puart count as an art?

Offline RiGS

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 15 April 2011, 12:07:37 »
Btw, I like Japanese art.

Offline nhwhaup

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 15 April 2011, 17:26:04 »
Quote from: ripster;331337
I'm rocking the KBC PBT black engraved keys as we speak.

Lettering isn't going to wear off this suckah for a LONG time.

My spacebar is getting a bit suspicious though.

Detailed comparisons here.

Show Image

So how do I make contact with KBC?  I do like your keys - very cool!
Current in order of preference:  RealForce 87U Silent White with variable weighted keys X 2, Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless with Linear Reds, Filco Number-pad, Poker with Linear Reds

Sold or returned:  Multiple Microsoft and Logitech keyboards, Das Keyboard Silent, Cherry 6140, RealForce 103UB, RealForce 86U, Filco Majestouch 2 full sized with Linear Reds

Offline RiGS

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 15 April 2011, 17:33:03 »
Check the group buy section.