Author Topic: solution for lack of iTunes controls using a Filco keyboard with a Mac  (Read 1962 times)

Offline Keyboardin

I downloaded bettertouchtool when I got my new mouse and I found that it allowed me to remap whatever I wanted to the function keys.

I haven't found this solution when searching on google; I assume not many people are using filcos or other non-apple keyboards with macs.

Anyway, your site always comes up on google search relating to keyboards and I have found it very helpful, so I thought I would contribute something. : )

Offline acolomba

solution for lack of iTunes controls using a Filco keyboard with a Mac
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 18 April 2011, 12:07:36 »
KeyRemap4MacBook is the utility you're looking for. It has a ton of presets as well, so you don't have to fiddle.

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
I use Spark.
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 18 April 2011, 12:45:34 »

Offline Keyboardin

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 18 April 2011, 16:59:06 »
@acolomba: I downloaded it in case BTT bails on me, but for now I get all the customization I really need. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 19 April 2011, 15:39:28 »
Thanks you guys for the info/links. Very helpful and needed. As a Mac user also, I'm looking to increase the functionality of various keyboards with OSX.

If there are any more you have, please post. :)
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline bonecandy

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 19 April 2011, 21:24:13 »
I use Spark too and it's been working pretty well. Unfortunately the shortcuts do not work inside Starcraft 2 :(
Leopold | Filco Tenkeyless