Author Topic: Model M13 $119 BIN  (Read 2529 times)

Offline MissileMike

Model M13 $119 BIN
« on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 04:39:22 »
http://cgi.ebay.com/REFURB-IBM-Model-M13-Clicky-Keyboard-13H6705-Black-/130510997038?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item1e630fc62e

From rarekeyboardstore, which probably means it's in good shape, despite there being no picture in the listing...
BS: 5 Space Savers  ||  9 42H  ||  10 1391401 or similar  ||  1x 1390131  || AT&T 305b  ||  Dell Model M
Cherry: Leopold FC200RC/AB  ||  3 Ducky 1087  ||  PLU ML87 ||  Cherry G80-8113LUVEU-2  browns
Alps: Filco Zero Tenkeyless (fukka)  ||  ABS M1  ||  3x Dell AT101w  ||  Ancer KF-191  ||  6 Vivanco Compact
Misc: NMB RT6855T+  ||  NMB RT101 Space Invader  ||  Dell Quietkey  ||  Ge Fanuc Industrial Metal

Offline Sam

Model M13 $119 BIN
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 05:24:34 »
Good shape, maybe.  But the thing you really have to watch out for with rarekeyboardstore is he swaps other keyboards that don't match the listing.  Happened with multiple keyboards that I ordered.  He even admitted that it might have been the case, yet refused to take them back.  A HUGE buyer beware if dealing with this seller.

Offline Tennobanzai

Model M13 $119 BIN
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 11:04:19 »
Yeah I saw he had 2 M13s up for sale last week and I researched him a bit. He seems to have very poor customer service. At least with 1 member on here a few months ago. That was enough for me not to buy from him.

Offline mtl

Model M13 $119 BIN
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 21:11:37 »
I'm dreaming of a black M13 mini with TrackPoint IV.
MX13 SpaceSaver | Phantom | Tactoblack Filco -10 | Realforce 103U-UW | Variable Clicky Deck 82 | Deck Legend

Offline MissileMike

Model M13 $119 BIN
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 21 April 2011, 08:02:27 »
Somebody bought it... Not surprisingly.
BS: 5 Space Savers  ||  9 42H  ||  10 1391401 or similar  ||  1x 1390131  || AT&T 305b  ||  Dell Model M
Cherry: Leopold FC200RC/AB  ||  3 Ducky 1087  ||  PLU ML87 ||  Cherry G80-8113LUVEU-2  browns
Alps: Filco Zero Tenkeyless (fukka)  ||  ABS M1  ||  3x Dell AT101w  ||  Ancer KF-191  ||  6 Vivanco Compact
Misc: NMB RT6855T+  ||  NMB RT101 Space Invader  ||  Dell Quietkey  ||  Ge Fanuc Industrial Metal

Offline piratebouy

He's slacking alright!
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 07 May 2011, 14:47:52 »
I bought one of these from him on the previous offering. Actually, this was my 4th keyboard purchased from him over the years and the only one with problems.

This board arrived well packaged and with no apparent damage to the box. The board was wrapped and completely surrounded by packing material. Upon unwrapping the box and removing the keyboard, the spacebar fell off. When I examined it it was discovered that the attachment to the metal bar on half of one side was broke. Easy to do when reinstalling the spacebar if your are not careful.

I also noticed a strong odor of paint with this board that I had not experienced before on anything I had purchased from this person. So, I sent him an email and inquired about the broken spacebar and odd smell which I suspected as being vinyl paint. I asked him if he had a replacement spacebar and about the odor. He informed me that I could file a insurance claim to obtain reimbursement for my purchase. Of course, I would have to give up the board, go to the post office and file the claim.

Now I am pissed. All that is needed is for him to have a little customer service and fix the board I wanted. I think there is a reasonable possibility that this guy may have some parts laying around so he can maybe do the right thing? And he does not answer my question about the paint? Why?

So I send him another email and tell him no thank you to the post office insurance claim. In this case, I did not want my money back. I want the keyboard I purchased and I don't want the hassle of going through the insurance claim process.

So he sends me a email accusing me of calling him of being a liar because I said it was impossible this damage occurred in shipping.

He is childish and has piss poor customer service. It seems as though most of the stuff he sells ends up being okay but if there is a problem, he won't stand behind his work.

Offline wanabe

Model M13 $119 BIN
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 07 May 2011, 15:03:50 »
Quote from: acfrazier;338548
He even gave it a fresh paint job.

Quote from: piratebouy;343065
I also noticed a strong odor of paint with this board that I had not experienced before on anything I had purchased from this person.

is this guy painting his keyboards?  I guess that could explain the black Model M that someone bought  from him a few days ago

Offline Sam

Model M13 $119 BIN
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 07 May 2011, 19:46:16 »
Quote from: piratebouy;343065
I bought one of these from him on the previous offering. Actually, this was my 4th keyboard purchased from him over the years and the only one with problems.

This board arrived well packaged and with no apparent damage to the box. The board was wrapped and completely surrounded by packing material. Upon unwrapping the box and removing the keyboard, the spacebar fell off. When I examined it it was discovered that the attachment to the metal bar on half of one side was broke. Easy to do when reinstalling the spacebar if your are not careful.

I also noticed a strong odor of paint with this board that I had not experienced before on anything I had purchased from this person. So, I sent him an email and inquired about the broken spacebar and odd smell which I suspected as being vinyl paint. I asked him if he had a replacement spacebar and about the odor. He informed me that I could file a insurance claim to obtain reimbursement for my purchase. Of course, I would have to give up the board, go to the post office and file the claim.

Now I am pissed. All that is needed is for him to have a little customer service and fix the board I wanted. I think there is a reasonable possibility that this guy may have some parts laying around so he can maybe do the right thing? And he does not answer my question about the paint? Why?

So I send him another email and tell him no thank you to the post office insurance claim. In this case, I did not want my money back. I want the keyboard I purchased and I don't want the hassle of going through the insurance claim process.

So he sends me a email accusing me of calling him of being a liar because I said it was impossible this damage occurred in shipping.

He is childish and has piss poor customer service. It seems as though most of the stuff he sells ends up being okay but if there is a problem, he won't stand behind his work.

Absolutely agree with you.  I also purchased some boards from him with no problem.  But then when I did have a problem, I sent him a very nice message explaining that there was a mistake and he sent the wrong keyboard.  He got super defensive and nasty, in response to the one message I sent.  He refused to do anything.  This guy has the worst customer service of any seller I've ever dealt with.  He is nothing but a scamming shyster in my book and I will never do business with him again.  I've seen lots of people who say he's a good seller.  Well the only reason is because they didn't have a problem.  As soon as there's any sort of problem whatsoever, you find out what this scam artist is all about.  I could have filed a claim for his dishonesty, but I couldn't be bothered as my time is more valuable than what I would have gotten from a refund.  But I will spread the news every chance I get to absolutely avoid giving any business to rarekeyboardstore unless you don't mind being scammed.

Offline Tennobanzai

Model M13 $119 BIN
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 08 May 2011, 00:16:38 »
Sorry to hear about that Sam. I was actually going to buy one of his black M13 awhile ago too but I remember searching on here and finding a nasty thread about him and his work ethnic sound pretty shady. At least you and the other guy saved me from a possible headache. I for one hate the idea about a paint job.