Author Topic: noob questions filco majestouch  (Read 1671 times)

Offline gdna

noob questions filco majestouch
« on: Sat, 23 April 2011, 03:33:01 »
Hello i have narrowed down my search to 2 keybaords the majestouch and the tenkeyless version. Now i am in uk and they have some for sale with big enter key. I dont mind big enter key. But american version has small enter key. Maybe that looks beeter but me dont mind. is that even worth worrying about?

Also tenkeyless version look squished. maybe thats what it supposed to look like. i cant decide really. I want cherry blue because i type alot. i do not game really. I am looking for first mechanical keyboard. is these ones good choice

sorry for language/ thanks

Offline Gfresh404

« Reply #1 on: Sat, 23 April 2011, 03:59:07 »
Keyboard layout is all personal preference. I'd go with whatever layout you've been using. If you do make a switch in layouts though it won't be a big deal - might just take a while to get used to the change.

I personally do not own a Filco - the only mech. keyboard I own/have owned is the Das Model S Pro (MX Blue Switches). But I have been doing a **** load of research and the Filco Majestouch consistently comes up one of the best choices. They do seem to have some very minor and random issues, but what keyboard company hasn't. These issues also seem far and few between. Anyway, the Filco Majestouch would be an excellent choice for your next keyboard - so much so that it's going to be the one I buy next :)

What is your native language btw?

Offline n12

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 23 April 2011, 07:43:48 »
A tenkeyless Filco is exactly the same size as a full size Filco if you were to hack off the Num Pad.

Offline gdna

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 23 April 2011, 08:07:46 »
thank you now do any where sell keyboard without number part with blank keys? i looked at changing the keys but it looks very very difficult. thank you

Offline Gfresh404

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 23 April 2011, 08:18:12 »
Quote from: gdna;336088
thank you now do any where sell keyboard without number part with blank keys? i looked at changing the keys but it looks very very difficult. thank you

I haven't been able to find anyone's with blank keys. That's what I wanted myself.

Offline Fharoc

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 23 April 2011, 12:49:33 »
The wiki on this site may help. I highly recommend reading the primary two.

Here is a link to the shopping guide wiki: http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Geekhack+WorldWide+Shopping+Links

And their guide to keyboards: http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=START+HERE+--+The+Geekhack+Mechanical+Keyboard+Guide+-+Includes+Glossary+and+Links

The Filco version with the blank keys is known as 'Otaku'

If you're in the UK you may want to use 'TheKeyboardCo' to buy from.

Offline Fharoc

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 23 April 2011, 12:54:04 »
This is the UK layout of the Filco Majestouch 2 with Cherry MX blue switches from a site based in the UK
http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_details.asp?PRODUCT=805

Here it is in the US layout but out of stock
http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_details.asp?PRODUCT=651

Offline gdna

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 23 April 2011, 17:43:18 »
ah thanks!

Offline gdna

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 23 April 2011, 18:00:37 »
Quote from: Fharoc;336223
The Filco version with the blank keys is known as 'Otaku'

If you're in the UK you may want to use 'TheKeyboardCo' to buy from.

hi ok so i take it otaku is only for tenkeyless keyboards? none for big? are they limited run only? thanks