Author Topic: click noise  (Read 1504 times)

Offline jpz

click noise
« on: Sat, 21 May 2011, 21:56:23 »
Hey again gh i just got my das keyboard and the thing is absolutely awesome.  There was one thing that i noticed that was a little strange.  When i hit the spacebar anywhere on the right side it makes a slight clicking noise from the left side of the spacebar.  Did anyone hear of something like this happening before?
AMD Black Edition-AMD Phenom II X6 3.2 GHz Processor, 4 GB ddr2 800, AMD Radeon HD 6950, CoolerMaster Storm Sniper case, 1Tb hard drive

Dell AT101W | Razer DeathAdder 3500 | SteelSeries QcK mini - Mouse pad | Logitech S510 | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
click noise
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 21 May 2011, 22:01:05 »
Did you check the stabalizers? Based off my little keyboard knowledge, I can guess it is that.
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline jpz

click noise
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 21 May 2011, 22:10:03 »
What would i have to check about the stabilizer?  From what i could see it looked fine and it was in its place.
AMD Black Edition-AMD Phenom II X6 3.2 GHz Processor, 4 GB ddr2 800, AMD Radeon HD 6950, CoolerMaster Storm Sniper case, 1Tb hard drive

Dell AT101W | Razer DeathAdder 3500 | SteelSeries QcK mini - Mouse pad | Logitech S510 | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent

Offline keyb_gr

• Cherrified user
    • My keyboard page (German)
click noise
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 22 May 2011, 15:57:20 »
Last time someone reported inequal rattle noise levels on the left and right, the spacebar merely wasn't seated properly. Push down on both ends to make sure the stabilizer attaches properly, and if that doesn't change anything, it's probably normal.
Hardware in signatures clutters Google search results. There should be a field in the profile for that (again).

This message was probably typed on a vintage G80-3000 with blues. Double-shots, baby. :D

Offline jpz

click noise
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 22 May 2011, 16:26:49 »
Yea i actually took off and put the key back on to make sure it wasn't a seating problem.  Do you think that some white lithium grease would solve the problem?

Offline jpz

click noise
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 09 June 2011, 21:35:48 »
Hey guys i just wanted to update the tread just in case someone in the future has the same problem with the spacebar.  I contacted DAS about the problem and they did not have a answer for it so they had me send it back to them.  They check the keyboard when they get it to make sure that it is defective they they refund $8 for the shipping to them.  If they find it defective and for my case they did so they will send a replacement keyboard.