Author Topic: [CANADA] Topre Realforce 103UB 55g w/ warranty [CANADA]  (Read 1852 times)

Offline Surly73

• Trade Count: (0)
[CANADA] Topre Realforce 103UB 55g w/ warranty [CANADA]
« on: Sun, 22 May 2011, 09:57:38 »
Hi all:

I'm located in the Toronto area and I'm selling the Topre Realforce 103UB 55g I bought a couple of months ago from magictoaster here on GH.  I bought this to see what Topre was all about.  I love the feel but think that 55g may be too heavy for me to achieve max speed since I'm consistently faster on Cherry browns.  It is in pretty much identical condition as I received it from him plus on and off use at the office for a couple of months.  Non-smoker, no spills, no scratches that I have seen, but there is a bit of a shiny area on the space bar starting which was starting to show a bit when I received it.  I've tried to highlight it in one of the provided pictures below.  (The s/n is obscured in the photo but is present on the unit).

This means it's not in "collector" condition, but it is in excellent condition with remaining warranty (EK receipt dated 2010/08/28 included).  This should be of particular interest to Canadians - since I am in Canada you will pay less shipping, no brokerage and no PST/GST/HST (some people luck out and don't get charged if USPS is used, but I am never one of those people).

EK is currently out of stock on this item with no ETA on replacements.  If I were to buy this keyboard today from EK shipped USPS (best option) it would break down like this (assuming parity exchange):  $245 USD + $36 USD shipping + (245 * 0.13 taxes ) + 5 USPS brokerage = $317.85

I am asking for $189 + shipping to the US or Canada (since shipping can vary so much).   You save ~$95 without factoring in shipping savings.

I accept paypal and Interac EFT and have 100+ feedback on ebay with 100% rating.  I prefer to ship via Canada Post.  If you'd like to DIY a shipping quote, please use the Canada Post calculator using postal code "L6M 3N1" as the origin.  I insist on shipping with proper insurance value and delivery confirmation. The package is 51cm x 31cm x 12cm and weighs 4.5lb.  

Shipping regionally seems to be ~$15 for regular parcel and ~$20 for XPresspost.  Shipping all the way to BC seems to come out to ~$20 for regular parcel and $40 for Xpresspost.  I have not done any calculations to the US.

I am still interested in trying a variable weighting Realforce.  If you've got an 86U, 86UB, 103U, 103UB, 103U-UW with variable weighting you're interested in trading please PM me.  I'm also looking for another Filco or Leopold with Cherry browns but it wouldn't be an even swap.

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 18408[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 18404[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 18409[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 18407[/ATTACH]
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 18405[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 18406[/ATTACH]
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 May 2011, 10:08:18 by Surly73 »

Offline HoboBob

« Reply #1 on: Sun, 22 May 2011, 16:13:17 »
Friendly bump!

Good price for fellow Canucks! Do not fear the shiny space bar, it will get there soon enough if you get it brand new anyway. You could ghetto rig a sandblaster box to get rid of the shiny spots.

Offline Surly73

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 24 May 2011, 09:43:30 »
ttt

As mentioned this is a pretty good deal for Canadians considering all of the extra fees required to actually get one in hand.  I find you have to be looking for the shine on the space bar to notice it.  I angled the lighting in the photos to try to highlight it - I don't want anyone saying I was trying to hide it :(

I also work in downtown Toronto and could possibly meet for a direct exchange if that helps anyone, but the keyboard is not currently residing downtown on a daily basis.

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 24 May 2011, 10:34:36 »
PM

Offline Surly73

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 25 May 2011, 12:12:20 »
Sold to gamingarena.  Thanks!

Thanks to everyone else for your interest.