Author Topic: You are all gullible fools who are easily parted with their money.  (Read 43362 times)

Offline almasy

A keyboard is a keyboard is a keyboard, spending $1000 on a keyboard isn't going to make you type faster and it won't make you better at games either
and $10 on little pieces of foam seriously?
let us not neglect to mention the stupidly overpriced 'key removers' that you buy instead of using the free ones you were given at birth (you know fingers, the things you eat pizza with)
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 May 2011, 10:50:44 by almasy »

Offline Cata1yst

You're are all gullible fools who are easily parted with their money.
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 14:09:50 »
Quote from: almasy;352504
A keyboard is a keyboard is a keyboard, spending $1000 on a keyboard isn't going to make you type faster and it won't make you better at games either
let us not neglect to mention the stupidly overpriced 'key removers' that you buy instead of using the free ones you were given at birth (you know fingers, the things you eat pizza with)

Youve got nothing on some of the peeps on this forum when it comes to trolling. Please try again later

Offline ironman31

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 14:11:08 »
o, you have made me so mad. Darn you.
Keyboards:
IBM Model M Space Saving Keyboard (Used), HHKB Pro 2 (White, Lettered), Realforce 87U all-45g in White, Filco Majestouch 2 TKL with Cherry MX Browns, Model F PC/ATNoppoo Choc Mini (MX Browns), Model F XT, IBM Model M 1397735 (bought NIB), (2) Siig Minitouch (GHSS) one with XM, one with complicated ALPs (modded),2 Dell AT101W, Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (modded with MX browns)

Pointing Devices:
Logitech G500, Evoluent VerticalMouse 3, Logitech G5, CST 2545W, Microsoft IntelliMouse Trackball, Logitech M570, Logitech MX revolution

Offline DaemonRaccoon

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 14:12:34 »
Awww... did somebody get sniped during their ebay auction?

What keyboard costs $1000? The μTron (the king of expensive keyboards) only costs $550; even the Space Saving Model M's have yet to surpass it.
122-Key Model F 6110345 1985-03-01 | Model M SSK 1391472 1991-01-22 | Rosewill RK-9000 v1 | KBC Poker X | Filco FKBN87M/PWE2

Offline DesktopJinx

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 14:20:54 »
Dear Ferrari owners:

A sports car is a sports car is a sports car, spending $200000 on a sports car isn't going to make you get to work faster and it won't make you better at sex either
and $6000 on an oil change seriously?
let us not neglect to mention the stupidly overpriced 'driving shoes' that you buy instead of using the free ones you were given at birth (you know feet, the things you stink up the couch with)
M15 for life

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 14:22:31 »

wlcm 2 gh.

based on your needs, I recommend a topre board.
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline DaemonRaccoon

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 14:27:37 »
The Optimus Maximus doesn't count, it is purely a work of art. (That and it uses sucky ML switches.)
122-Key Model F 6110345 1985-03-01 | Model M SSK 1391472 1991-01-22 | Rosewill RK-9000 v1 | KBC Poker X | Filco FKBN87M/PWE2

Offline Tallon

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 14:30:55 »
A keyboard is a keyboard? You obviously haven't tried a mechanical. After all, I can type faster. At least 25-30 wpm faster - and infinitely more accurate. Anyway, many mechanical only cost $80-$150, which is the same range as the "high end" membrane boards. Very, very few people spend $1000 on a keyboard. You may want to learn a little before you troll...

Offline DesktopJinx

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 14:31:23 »
Quote from: ripster;352514
That one I agree with.  Porsche is less maintenance.

A Porsche doesn't sound like a Ferrari, any more than USB Cherry blues sound like PS/2 buckling springs. For some the hassle is worth it.

Quote from: Tallon;352521
You may want to learn a little before you troll...

That takes too long.
M15 for life

Offline curzen

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 14:32:30 »
if you are worried about the price of my keyboard I better not show you my house, car, PC or other toys...

3/10 'cause I actually replied to this
[ KBC Poker ]

Offline curzen

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 14:34:21 »
Quote from: ripster;352517
And get the Red ESC key too.

It pulls the room together.

it actually kinda does
[ KBC Poker ]

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 14:36:50 »
if you get the black topre, I also recommend the colored W A S D.

I have the white topre, but still have it.

hehehe, naughty me
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 14:47:28 »
Almesy, hope you are not one-post-wonder.  Please come back again.  I want to know about your animal hobbies.

Offline RAICHU

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 14:53:22 »
Someone sounds like he's poor.
Rosewill RK-9000RE (Daily Driver) Filco Majestouch 1 Fullsize    [strike]Noppoo Choc Mini[/strike]     [strike]Leopold Tenkeyless[/strike]     [strike]Noppoo Choc Mini[/strike] [/B]

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 14:58:41 »
I'd recommend a Truly Ergonomic...
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline nolo

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 15:07:10 »
What about this one ? ;)

HP Japan’s Happy Hacking Professional Keyboard

( "Deficiente pecu, deficit omne, nia.")

Quote from: ripster;352512

Let me proudly show you my key puller collection.  Although my fav, the Filco Richard Gere special isn't in the pic.
Show Image

BTW ... very nice key pullers :)

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 18648[/ATTACH]
Sometimes they are very practical
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 May 2011, 15:51:24 by nolo »

Offline Mitchellderp

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 15:39:44 »
That was a poor excuse for a troll. I don't think he signed up for this forum only to say that, I bet his mech KB broke. :D

Offline REVENGE

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 15:47:08 »
Hey, who knows! Maybe OP would be interested in a free Troll Face key. :)
◕ ‿ ◕

Offline ironman31

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 15:48:23 »
Quote from: Tallon;352521
A keyboard is a keyboard? You obviously haven't tried a mechanical. After all, I can type faster. At least 25-30 wpm faster - and infinitely more accurate. Anyway, many mechanical only cost $80-$150, which is the same range as the "high end" membrane boards. Very, very few people spend $1000 on a keyboard. You may want to learn a little before you troll...

troll bait
Keyboards:
IBM Model M Space Saving Keyboard (Used), HHKB Pro 2 (White, Lettered), Realforce 87U all-45g in White, Filco Majestouch 2 TKL with Cherry MX Browns, Model F PC/ATNoppoo Choc Mini (MX Browns), Model F XT, IBM Model M 1397735 (bought NIB), (2) Siig Minitouch (GHSS) one with XM, one with complicated ALPs (modded),2 Dell AT101W, Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (modded with MX browns)

Pointing Devices:
Logitech G500, Evoluent VerticalMouse 3, Logitech G5, CST 2545W, Microsoft IntelliMouse Trackball, Logitech M570, Logitech MX revolution

Offline krull

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 15:53:06 »
22 replies in an hour and a half. Bad trolls are like blood in the water around here. :welcome:
Filco Majestouch w/cherry browns, Filco Majestouch w/cherry reds, Leopold Tenkeyless w/ cherry blues (in the mail)

Offline Rally Man

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 17:07:22 »
Quote from: Mitchellderp;352545
That was a poor excuse for a troll. I don't think he signed up for this forum only to say that, I bet his mech KB broke. :D

Or mum wont buy him the Filco he's been lusting after.
INPUT GEAR
Work: Logitech MX Revolution |
Filco "Hulk" Majestouch-2 Tactile Action NKR
Home: Razer Imperator | Filco "Doraemon" Majestouch-2 Tactile Action NKR
Want:  3DConnexion SpaceMouse Enterprise | Logitech MX Master

Offline Lanx

« Reply #22 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 17:35:02 »
mentioning the optimus as a keyboard ppl buy is pathetic, I don't think anyone on this forum will ever admit to buying junk like that, it's like saying to the swiss ppl "hey did you try this Hershey bar? It's good right?"
Then the darn swiss would whip out a toblarone and beat ya with it!

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 18:18:19 »
Quote from: nolo;352539
What about this one ? ;)

Show Image

HP Japan’s Happy Hacking Professional Keyboard

Heh, I was just reading about that the other day.  Each keycap is hand-painted and it comes in this really nifty box.  Makes me want to move to Japan. lol

][/URL]
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline trievalot

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 18:22:52 »
id cry too if i couldnt afford a good keyboard.

same reason millionaires pi$$ me off....i just jealous
[SIGPIC]

Offline trievalot

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 18:26:12 »
mow THATS a collection.....hope you didnt spend $1000.00
[SIGPIC]

Offline Arc'xer

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 18:50:09 »

Keyboards that cost a couple thousand are either collectibles, bulk purchase, specially made, industrial, or some exotic switch such as hall-effect magnetic.

Type faster yes, depends on the person and user though technically a scissor would be the fastest, (F)orce = (W)ork X (D)istance. Remember these high end keyboards were meant for typing originally.

Gaming better depends on the person. Some people have been using ****ty keyboards and or have been paying as much as a the keyboards we talk about using the same domes as a 1 dollar keyboard for years. At least with the high end keyboards this site presents you get your money's worth. In some cases yes buying the keyboard will improve your gaming as you remove hindrances and add consistency due to the robustness of the keyboard's capability.

Will it outright make you play better no but it sure as hell eliminates handicaps which plague some people and their lower end keyboards. In simplest terms a mechanical keyboard will not make you play better but will make the control you have better and more consistent without hindering you.

A mouse with a good sensor is a good example why bother finding a good sensor when any mouse does the job, sure it fails to track but that's okay because it's a mouse it's pointless to get something of better quality because they all do the same thing.

The people who do this are trying to eliminate as much noise as possible and  as cheaply as possible without resorting to higher-end plastics and or double-shot key caps.

Really I can use my fingers? Hmm didn't realize the keycaps on my keyboard connect in such a flimsy manner. So that's why your mad cause your 10 dollar keyboard wasn't worth the money you paid for.

Offline nolo

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 19:10:58 »
Quote from: reaper~;352581
Heh, I was just reading about that the other day.  Each keycap is hand-painted and it comes in this really nifty box.  Makes me want to move to Japan. lol

Show Image
]
Show Image
[/URL]

They are coated with Urushi. Every keyboard that is made gets over 10 coatings then receives a single layer of gold dust sprinkled on the top.

Awesome!

« Last Edit: Sat, 28 May 2011, 19:15:23 by nolo »

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 19:16:25 »
They look like chocolate

Offline disco123

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 19:24:06 »
Thanks for your compliment. I feel smarter than I was after reading your post, also feel like to part with some money to a new keyboard. Ciao.
Mech. KBs:
Filco 10Keyless Red, Brown;
Filco 10keymore Brown, Black, Blue;
Topre Realforce 86 U;
Cherry G80-3494 Red.
G80-1865 Red (in the mail),
KBtalKing Pure (60% KB, red SW; in the making)
Rubber dome
Dell SK-8115

Offline dannyp

« Reply #31 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 19:32:56 »
I didn't really read the full thread but I noticed 500 views succumbed to the troll. Maybe he's not so wrong about the gullible part. :(

Offline trievalot

« Reply #32 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 19:41:47 »
Quote from: dannyp;352603
I didn't really read the full thread but I noticed 500 views succumbed to the troll. Maybe he's not so wrong about the gullible part. :(

i smell a double troll
[SIGPIC]

Offline What is X?

« Reply #33 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 19:43:27 »
Meh, I don't think mechanical keyboards are worth it either. But I've got one now so I still appreciate it despite the price.

Offline Titmouse

« Reply #34 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 20:09:26 »
I can't say if mechanical keyboards are worth the price. But as far as cost goes, the total cost of 100 or so Cherry switches, PCB, keycaps, casing, cable, packaging, shipping etc., can't be much cheaper than half of the retail price. 100% mark up, meh. It's not even close to being outrageous.
"Surprise! We threw away your old ugly keyboard and got you a brand new ergonomic keyboard from Microsoft!"  -- Findecanor

Offline dannyp

« Reply #35 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 20:11:39 »
Quote from: trievalot;352605
i smell a double troll
Show Image

meh, just an observation.

Offline Wallach

« Reply #36 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 20:13:13 »
Quote from: dannyp;352603

Why wouldn't I come in here to read this stuff. Everyone likes to watch someone make an ass out of themselves. If you're lucky you get more than one.

Offline Tony

« Reply #37 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 20:21:20 »
I think the topic starter has a point. That's proven by the high number of views and replies. If he had no point at all, we would simply ignore this thread.

True, we here are a bit gullible for buying more keyboards than we can type on at the same time, or more than number of computers we have.

But keyboards are computer toys. We can choose whatever toy we like to play with and to collect it to show off to others. Be it mice, keyboards, stamps, hi-end speakers, Barbie dolls, and real Barbies (read, women).

By the way, some keyboards feel like boobs when we type on them, so we tend to suck at them.

[video=youtube;Go8JM4biUtA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go8JM4biUtA[/video]
[video=youtube;6S83hN-Wk98]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S83hN-Wk98[/video]
[video=youtube;YIYSACsAdSA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIYSACsAdSA[/video]
[video=youtube;MsRYat6p_IE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsRYat6p_IE[/video]
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 May 2011, 20:32:02 by Tony »
Keyboard: Filco MJ1 104 brown, Filco MJ2 87 brown, Compaq MX11800, Noppoo Choc Brown/Blue/Red, IBM Model M 1996, CMStorm Quickfire Rapid Black
Layout: Colemak experience, speed of 67wpm

Offline dannyp

« Reply #38 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 20:28:37 »
Quote from: Wallach;352615
Why wouldn't I come in here to read this stuff. Everyone likes to watch someone make an ass out of themselves. If you're lucky you get more than one.

hey i'm just as gullible, i'm here buying keyboards too. or maybe you were talking about yourself?

p.s. don't get mad Wallach. u mad bro?

Offline Wallach

« Reply #39 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 20:32:41 »
Quote from: dannyp;352620
hey i'm just as gullible, i'm here buying keyboards too. or maybe you were talking about yourself?

p.s. don't get mad Wallach. u mad bro?

See? These threads pay for themselves every time.

Also, boobs.

Offline isp

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 21:56:57 »
He secretly pines for it.
hhkb

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 22:20:09 »
Whoever said we spend big bucks on mechanical keyboards to type faster or game better? That doesn't make any sense to ME either.

I, for one, was under the impression that we did it for the lulz.

Offline Zet

« Reply #42 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 01:00:25 »
@keyboardlover: LMAO nice pic xDDDD ftlulz

Thanks to everyone pointing out the painting of those keys, if I can't manage my way to get red colored keycaps, I'll paint mines (any advices on what to paint them with? just after reading Urushi's trees, I doubt I can get that here) and will get rid of the lettering :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 May 2011, 01:03:25 by Zet »

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #43 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 01:17:46 »
The OP just doesn't get it.  It's not like we buy a 'board for a thousand dollars, it more like we spend a thousand dollars on several keyboards.
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 01:19:12 »
Nice boobie! :)

The OP is PMing people offering blowjobs while playing with their mechanical keyboards.

It is what it is...
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline nhwhaup

« Reply #45 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 04:15:37 »
In some respects I know for me this whole keyboard obsession is really silly but I have been in the constant search for the perfect keyboard. Once I've found it I don't find the need to collect multiple keyboards that basically all do the same thing.  My search led me to purchase like 9 different keyboards before finding the absolute best for me.  Thankfully most of the sites I purchased from had excellent return policies and the one that didn't (RealForce) I sold on here so someone else is enjoying this board. I ended up with 3 all time favorites and now am totally finished. I have a full sized Filco with reds at work and the same version in tenkeyless for at home.  I know it seems like with the red switches people either love them or hate them and I love them. I also have a white RealForce 86U and separate number pad also RealForce.  At this point I'll keep the RealForce for awhile and maybe swap it with the Filco every now and again.  Then again I might sell them as I can see myself always going back to the Filcos and in my opinion I'd rather have someone else enjoy it rather than having it sit around in my house collecting dust.

Nhwhazup
Current in order of preference:  RealForce 87U Silent White with variable weighted keys X 2, Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless with Linear Reds, Filco Number-pad, Poker with Linear Reds

Sold or returned:  Multiple Microsoft and Logitech keyboards, Das Keyboard Silent, Cherry 6140, RealForce 103UB, RealForce 86U, Filco Majestouch 2 full sized with Linear Reds

Offline appie747

« Reply #46 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 04:28:34 »
I think few people at GH think that board is a good choice. But thanks for pointing it out, it's fun to watch!
Kinesis Freestyle Incline (work), Compaq MX 11800 (browns), AlphaGrip AG-5 FOR SALE! (home)

Offline appie747

« Reply #47 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 04:31:42 »
Quote from: almasy;352510
http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/keyboards-mice/9836/

I think few people at GH think that board is a good choice. But thanks for pointing it out, it's fun to watch!
Kinesis Freestyle Incline (work), Compaq MX 11800 (browns), AlphaGrip AG-5 FOR SALE! (home)

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
« Reply #48 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 04:35:58 »
Get a life, instead of bugging people. If you spend your money in drugs grils, guys that is your F*$@ problem
[FS]☠ The temple lol ->HERE<-

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
« Reply #49 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 04:42:26 »
Do not waist your time explaining something BASIC to someone with half of brain
[FS]☠ The temple lol ->HERE<-