Author Topic: Question about MX Brown Switches  (Read 1227 times)

Offline Backward_Pawn

Question about MX Brown Switches
« on: Sat, 11 June 2011, 01:31:41 »
I've been typing on my new Ninja keyboard and its taking some time to get used to--I'm not quite up to full speed yet.  My question is about the tactile feedback.  When I hit keys slowly, I can definitely feel the tactile bump, but as soon as I start typing with any sort of speed, I really don't feel it at all, which I find a little disappointing.  I've been missing my clicky Model M for about 10 years.  That said, I able to type fairly accurately without bottoming out, so I assume I'm actually feeling it, but not noticing it.  Is that about par for the course with browns?  Please don't misunderstand, I like the keyboard, just wanted a little more feedback.  I also didn't want to wake my niece and nephew with loud switches.

If I was only typing, I'd say I bought the wrong switch and should have gone for a Filco Blue.  Since I'm using the keyboard for gaming and have the noise issue, I think I should stick with browns and get something with blue for work.  Thanks for any feedback.

Offline BiNiaRiS

« Reply #1 on: Sat, 11 June 2011, 03:05:10 »
Im in the same boat. I will be trying ergo clears soon as they are like a more tactile brown.

I for sure can't feel the bump when I'm up to speed. I do like they way browns feel for gaming though.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
Check out my sales thread.

KMAC 2 w/ErgoClears
KBC w/Reds and Cherry doubleshots in imsto\'s case
G80-1800HAU w/ErgoClears
Realforce 87UB 55g
KMAC Titanium/Winkeyless (in the mail)

Offline Tony

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 11 June 2011, 03:33:06 »
It is always there, but it is lighter than blue so you don't feel it clearly.

Type with lighter force and you will find that bump. Or spend money on a keyboard with red switches, you will see that you already feel the bump with brown.
Keyboard: Filco MJ1 104 brown, Filco MJ2 87 brown, Compaq MX11800, Noppoo Choc Brown/Blue/Red, IBM Model M 1996, CMStorm Quickfire Rapid Black
Layout: Colemak experience, speed of 67wpm