Author Topic: Invert Caps Lock & Scroll Lock lights  (Read 1698 times)

Offline jared0x90

Invert Caps Lock & Scroll Lock lights
« on: Mon, 13 June 2011, 22:15:20 »
Hello all, have been reading geekhack for a long time and finally decided to make an account today as I had a question I was hoping someone might be able to answer.

Today I just received my new leopold otaku brown keyboard from elite keyboards. I am really happy with it but it looks a bit plain. When the caps & scroll lock indicators are on it actually looks pretty slick. Not too bright but enough to let you know the keyboard is on and working. I thought it would be neat if they were inverted so that the lights being on reflected that they were in fact off vs on as you never get to see them the way they are currently.

Is this something anyone has done or tried to do before? I found some info on autohotkey that looked like it might be a working solution however i was not able to get anything to work in autohotkey for controlling the LEDs. Here is the thread from their site below:

http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/topic10532.html

It seems like a fairly basic idea. I was thinking their might even be something as simple as a registry hack to get the effect.

Thoughts? Thanks
@Work: Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate, @Home: Leopold Otaku Brown

Offline Mr. Perfect

Invert Caps Lock & Scroll Lock lights
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 14 June 2011, 03:43:56 »
A two color LED would be snazzy. One color for on, another for off. Red and green would be obvious choices.

[Edit]Ok, who tooks the time to disassemble a Model M and mod the LEDs, but can't run a damp cloth over it? Maybe they're like vintage collectors, where the dirt is "patina" that must not be removed.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 June 2011, 03:46:41 by Mr. Perfect »
Mr. Perfect - A name fraught with peril.

G80-8113HRBUS MX Clears, FC200R MX Clears, RK-9000v2 MX Blues.