Author Topic: Black on White keycaps for Filco // Dental Band or EK soft landing?  (Read 1856 times)

Offline Vurian

Hello all,

Thanks to this forums i finally got my hands on a Filco limited Reds, and for sure won't be going back to my old logitech mx5500 anymore :party:

now as i read more and more about modifying keyboard, I began to grow interested in customising it with all black on white keycaps, but haven't been able to find any website selling these keycaps, can i get any direction on where i can buy these keycaps?

and also i have been bottoming out on these reds which resulting in a big "clack", from what i have read on these forum there are 2 ways to reduce this sound, it's either using the soft landing pad from EK or dental band which is much cheaper on Ebay.
is there any big difference in dampening the sound between the soft pad or dental band? will they make a difference in how the typing feel?

any opinion and thought is most welcome.

Thanks in advance :wave:

-V-

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Black on White keycaps for Filco // Dental Band or EK soft landing?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 13 June 2011, 23:06:09 »
Welcome to Geekhack and PM imsto.  He should have some of those black on white keycaps left (here's the link to his thread).  =)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 13 June 2011, 23:12:37 »
wlcm 2 gh.

cool first board
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 13 June 2011, 23:39:09 »
I f**king love the clack my reds make when bottoming out.

I also love the sound my girlfriend makes when bottoming out.

However, these two sounds do sound anything alike. But both are equally enjoyable.

Offline Vurian

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 14 June 2011, 06:05:15 »
Quote from: reaper~;360398
Welcome to Geekhack and PM imsto.  He should have some of those black on white keycaps left (here's the link to his thread).  =)

Great stuff, think i'm gonna order the black engraved too

Offline rsantos97

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 14 June 2011, 08:11:43 »
I don't get why people don't like the sound of their keys bottoming out, that's one of the best things about using a mechanical keyboard. It's like music.