Author Topic: Wirless trackball  (Read 3655 times)

Offline solah

Wirless trackball
« on: Wed, 22 June 2011, 12:37:16 »
Looks like a new entry from Kensington.

http://us.kensington.com/html/17942.html

2.4GHz with a nano receiver.  Doesn't look to be a bad size either.

Edit:  And apparently I cannot spell, nor start a thread in the right section.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 June 2011, 13:06:34 by solah »

Offline The Solutor

Wirless trackball
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 24 August 2011, 03:03:33 »
Looks like a donor candidate to build a decent trackball

Still not available here, likely I'll get one to meet it with my dremel. :biggrin:
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
Wirless trackball
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 24 August 2011, 11:42:34 »
Ordered one today but may take a week to arrive, they didn't have it at the local store. If nobody does a review before then I'll see what I can do as well as try to tell you the CPI.
Layout: Colemak
Fastest typing speed: 131 WPM on typeracer, 136 WPM on 10fastfingers.
Daily driver: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown with ergonomically weighted, lubed springs.
Ergo keyboards: Truly Ergonomic, Kinesis Advantage, Ergodox

Offline shrap

Wirless trackball
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 27 August 2011, 13:28:47 »
Kensington just doesn't like putting both a scroll ring and mouse 4/5 buttons on trackballs, huh? (Except for the Expert)

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
Wirless trackball
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 29 August 2011, 17:05:14 »
Came today while I was gone for work. Will be picking it up from the post office tomorrow and will at least be able to do an unboxing and some angle shots of hand posture while holding it before I have to run off for work. Will try the CPI count the day after probably
Daily driver: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown with ergonomically weighted, lubed springs.

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
Wirless trackball
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 30 August 2011, 13:29:34 »
Edit: Whoops, sorry, seems like the videos are all sideways :S Will make sure they are the right way when I do more and maybe try to reupload these in the right orientation later.

Have to run off for work so just took these videos quickly (should watch them in numerical order): http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9E20560901ADC8BF

Sorry for poor quality, I can take some better pictures later but thought that videos would let me get more info in during the little time that I had.

Quick additional comments:
1) Ball smaller than I thought, probably not a good sign
2) Bottom and sides are very nice to the touch. Has a rough textured surface. The top is glossy and smooth though
3) The ball rests relatively low compared to the peak of the casing, which is not true for other trackballs where you tend to have to angle your wrist upwards more if your palm is going to rest on the casing. This is the best thing I see about it at the moment except maybe the cool scroll surface, but I like twisting my slimblade's ball to scroll a lot.

Will try to get some better pics/videos/review later on. If you want to know something specific about it or want some pictures at a certain angle let me know. Will also try to get a CPI count using ripster's method later.
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 August 2011, 13:41:23 by oneproduct »