Author Topic: Kensington Expert Mouse or CST Trackball?  (Read 3500 times)

Offline Honky

Kensington Expert Mouse or CST Trackball?
« on: Wed, 22 June 2011, 14:14:16 »
Hello!
Just joined cause I've been lurking here for over a day (literally) now, and you guys really gave me itchy fingers to open something up and do some modifications, really quite inspiring :)

Last fall I started experiencing some wrist pain using my MX518 mouse, so I changed to a Logitech Cordless MouseMan® Wheel mouse, and the pain went away. However a few days ago it came back.

So now I'll probably buy myself a trackball (yes, I'm weird), but can't really decide wether I should get a Kensington or CST one, and am thus hoping to get some opinions from you. I have read the CST L-trac thread and the very politely named DPI thread, but I still want more. Half of you here who have tried both seemed to prefer the CST, while the other half prefered the Kensington, but some of this was several years ago, so perhaps opinions have changed?

TL;DR: Opinions on Kensington Expert Mouse and CST 2545-* ?

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
Kensington Expert Mouse or CST Trackball?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 22 June 2011, 14:24:19 »
I have a Kensington Expert Mouse Pro and really like it.  Mouseworks is very good, and the ergo feel of the unit is equally as good. I've been very interested in the CST L-trac, but have not taken made the jump as of yet, but I'm planning to. It can be a difficult choice. By specs alone the CST L-trac seems the way to go, but using them side by side is the only way to be certain.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~