Author Topic: Not bottoming out on cherry reds?  (Read 4099 times)

Offline joysick

Not bottoming out on cherry reds?
« on: Thu, 07 July 2011, 21:23:28 »
Is it even possible to not bottom out on cherry reds is nearly impossible to me, i dont mind it, but it is nearly impossible to me. I can maybe type a full sentence without bottoming out but to do it for an extended period time is just biblical
Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional 2 -- Otaku White
FOR SALE
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250875194295#ht_500wt_1157

Offline Decel

« Reply #1 on: Sat, 09 July 2011, 17:12:23 »
Reds are like blacks but shallower right?

Offline Atenacius

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 09 July 2011, 17:52:03 »
Isn't the actuation pretty low on the linear switches? I think it's okay to bottom out most of the time on those keyboards. It sounds awesome anyway

Keychron Q6 GATERON G PRO YELLOW
Vortex Pok3r CHERRY MX RED
Das Keyboard Model S CHERRY MX BLUE
IBM Model M
1391401 09 MAR 93

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 09 July 2011, 21:49:15 »
The actuation point on all cherry switches are roughly the same. I bottom out more on my blues and browns than my reds, and even less on my blacks.

Offline Trueepower

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 09 July 2011, 22:02:08 »
My wife has tiny little fingers can she can easily bottom out with a red switch. It's just a matter of learning how to press lighter, and then maybe even if you do bottom out its just a small tap rather than a hard one.
Topre Realforce 87ub 55g Topre Realforce 87ub 45g
Luxeed MK5

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 09 July 2011, 22:10:09 »
Quote from: Trueepower;377158
My wife has tiny little fingers can she can easily bottom out with a red switch. It's just a matter of learning how to press lighter, and then maybe even if you do bottom out its just a small tap rather than a hard one.

Totally agree. It's okay to bottom out and some people like to. But I'm a lazy typist with weak fingers. I just want to effortlessly move my fingers over the keys when I type. I still bottom out on reds but not very hard.
Keyboardless

Offline nhwhaup

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 10 July 2011, 05:34:17 »
I have reds and find that after a very short time I was able to master a feather light touch and feel like I'm putting in  barely any effort at all.  That's what I love about the reds, feels like I can almost float over the keys and the sound is just as light as well.  The reds are my overall favorite switch. I never tried blues as I knew they would be way too clicky for me, but I did try browns and really didn't like the tactile bump. I much prefer the linear reds.

Now for me, I hard as I try, I cannot type without bottoming out on my topre switches.
Current in order of preference:  RealForce 87U Silent White with variable weighted keys X 2, Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless with Linear Reds, Filco Number-pad, Poker with Linear Reds

Sold or returned:  Multiple Microsoft and Logitech keyboards, Das Keyboard Silent, Cherry 6140, RealForce 103UB, RealForce 86U, Filco Majestouch 2 full sized with Linear Reds

Offline MrGPhantome

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 10 July 2011, 06:20:39 »
i find that the lighter the switch easier for me it is not to bottom out since i'm not having to use as much force to press the keys. For alps switch keys I would bottom out all the time due to the high actuation as well as the high force requirement.
"It\'s true what they say... If you dress Hitler up in a nice sweater... He\'s still f****** Adolf Hitler." - Cinema Snob

Offline bojinglebells

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 11 July 2011, 16:50:17 »
I never understood the utter infatuation with not bottoming out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Filco M2 TKL R - SteelSeries 6Gv2 - Cherry G80-3494 - Razer BlackWidow[/SIZE][/FONT]

Offline Astounding

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 11 July 2011, 17:27:43 »
Quote from: bojinglebells;378367
I never understood the utter infatuation with not bottoming out.

Elitist rubbish =P

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 11 July 2011, 18:16:31 »
Just type naturally. If you bottom out, you bottom out. If not, then you don't. Just don't stress your wrists or knuckles, and all will be well.