Author Topic: Where can I get "Das Keyboard Professional Silent" in EU?  (Read 3232 times)

Offline Budenzauber

Where can I get "Das Keyboard Professional Silent" in EU?
« on: Sat, 09 July 2011, 11:29:10 »
Hi there,

as you can probably tell by my title, I really fell in love with the "Das Keyboard" especially with the Professional Silent version. But my big problem is that I am not living in USA...

I already found out that there is a supplier in Germany (http://www.getdigital.de) but he doesn't list the Professional Silent and even the other versions are not in stock till August...

So my question is:

Does anyone know an online shop or so where I could order my very own "Das Keyboard Professional Silent"? I already looked on Amazon (DE and UK) and all I found were the Ultimate Versions by getdigital (they got 1-2 in stock, but for 130€ I really want the one with labels on it)

Or maybe is there a real alternative to the Das Keyboard? I've seen some youtube vids and read some articles about the Filco keyboards. Maybe you got some information about that?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Budenzauber
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 July 2011, 11:34:12 by Budenzauber »

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 09 July 2011, 11:37:02 »
Amazon sell them for UK... I think. Still, go Filco!
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline Budenzauber

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 09 July 2011, 11:45:19 »
Well if I compare the sounds of Filco and Das Keyboard from youtube or an online keyboard simulator I kinda like the Das Keyboard sound more or is there any point where you say the Filco ones are better?

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 09 July 2011, 11:46:52 »
Yeah, from UK Amazon you're looking to pay around £135. Just get a brown switch Filco from KeyboardCo. :)

Filco are just ****ing awesome. You've also got to bear in mind... Comparing sounds from YouTube isn't always right. People have their settings different, different mics and different surfaces their keyboards are on...
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 July 2011, 11:50:09 by foxer »

Offline Budenzauber

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 09 July 2011, 11:54:42 »
Ahh I don't know, I kinda made my mind ;)

Thanks for the advice though, but If noone can give me a hint on where to get the "Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent" earlier than August I will just have to wait...

I will contact getdigital.de if they will get the Professional Silent even though its not listed, if not I will reconsider my decision ;)

Offline Waterdr1nker

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 09 July 2011, 18:49:49 »
They're both very similar boards. If you like the Das, go with it. I like that it has a USB hub on it and depending on where you get it, it's less expensive than the Filco. To be totally honest with you, either will be fine. I'd go with whichever you can get your hands on first or for a better price.
[Use] Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Blue . Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless Blue . KBT Race 75% Red
[Sold] Filco Majestouch NINJA Tenkeyless Brown . Leopold FC200R Tenkeyless Blue

Offline Budenzauber

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 10 July 2011, 10:38:53 »
Thanks Waterdr1nker,

that is really what I am going to do.
I already send an email to getdigital asking if they will get the Professional Silent in stock.

If not I will take the next Filco Majestouch 2 (Browns) I can get :)

Offline MasterBlaster

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 11 July 2011, 13:01:36 »
hey Budenzauber, you cant find proffesional silent in EU but you can buy from US retailers with about 30 $ shipping costs(just go at Das Keyboard website and look for retailers) The only problem with Das is that it s glossy(ihope thats the word) aka every touch will leave visible amprents and thats prity bad considering its a keyboard so for this reason only a filco would be better but the thing is Das is kina alote cheaper then filco so it s not that bad.
Das Professional Silent (brown) > Steelseries 6gv2 (black) > Logitech 19 (crap?!)

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 11 July 2011, 13:17:09 »
Quote from: MasterBlaster;378240
hey Budenzauber, you cant find proffesional silent in EU but you can buy from US retailers with about 30 $ shipping costs(just go at Das Keyboard website and look for retailers) The only problem with Das is that it s glossy(ihope thats the word) aka every touch will leave visible amprents and thats prity bad considering its a keyboard so for this reason only a filco would be better but the thing is Das is kina alote cheaper then filco so it s not that bad.

With being in EU, a Das will work out dearer.

Offline Budenzauber

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 12 July 2011, 16:14:29 »
I already found the Das Keyboard on ebay US and its about 140€ including shipping costs. The problem is, that probably taxes and customs are coming on top, that could get pretty expensive...

I contacted the German retailer and they will get the Professional Silent version back in stock in early August, so I'll just have to be a bit more patient ;)
It will be 130€ in total.

But thanks for your advices :)

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 12 July 2011, 16:46:34 »
I have Das Ultimate Silent and it's pretty awesome. I'm typing on it right now. I was thinking about selling it many times (too many Cherry brown keyboards) but just have to keep it. Typing on it is a pleasure.
Keyboardless

Offline arc2

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 12 July 2011, 16:49:58 »
You can get the Ultimate Silent here by the looks of it ... *oops you can get that already, however another vendor if you decide to get the ultimate*

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_30011.html

You should mail them and see if they can do anything for your, they seem very helpful.
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 July 2011, 16:53:25 by arc2 »

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 12 July 2011, 17:27:51 »
Quote from: foxer;376911
Yeah, from UK Amazon you're looking to pay around £135. Just get a brown switch Filco from KeyboardCo. :)

Filco are just ****ing awesome. You've also got to bear in mind... Comparing sounds from YouTube isn't always right. People have their settings different, different mics and different surfaces their keyboards are on...

The surface a board is on - and even its position - can make a vast difference. If your board has to go on a loud surface and you want quiet then glue on some rubber feet, put the board on a mouse mat, whatever.

There's also an article Ripster wrote on reducing the sound a Cherry MX board makes by installing o-rings on the switches.