Author Topic: Apple Extended Keyboard II  (Read 1219 times)

Offline N8N

• Trade Count: (0)
Apple Extended Keyboard II
« on: Sun, 10 July 2011, 12:47:37 »
used, tried it to get the feel of the damped Alps sliders.  Decided I preferred Cherry MX clear better, but this is still a very nice feeling board.  I believe that it is fully functional but can't guarantee that 100% because I can't seem to get it to play nice with Linux - I'm using it on a PC laptop through a Griffin iMate.  It does work in Windows Vista and appears to function correctly.  I bought this used and untouched from another forum member and all I did to it was give it a cosmetic once-over (cleaned the keycaps and case, and quickly q-tipped the metal plate with alcohol.)  Say $20 plus shipping, or trade for a board with clears, MX-compatible doubleshots, or what have you?

Edit:  I just finished cleaning/testing a Dell AT101W, this would make a nice package for someone with a PC who has a thing for dampened Alps sliders and doesn't have a SGI board.  The 101 I got off a "certain auction site" for cheap and when it showed up I was real disappointed as it appeared to be filthy, but when I ripped it apart it was actually nice and clean inside, just the keys were disgusting.  I just cleaned them up with alcohol and a toothbrush - didn't even pull the keycaps - and put it back together.  Tests 100% on xev.  Funny thing about this board is that the F and J keys are less aged than the rest of them and are noticeably lighter in color.  Not sure if those were replaced by a previous user or if they are molded from a different plastic because they have the little nubs on them to locate your fingers.

Make me an offer if you want a package deal on both?  I have too many keyboards.
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 July 2011, 13:57:30 by N8N »
Filco Majestouch-2 with Cherry Corp. doubleshot keys - Leopold Tenkeyless Tactile Force with Wyse doubleshots - Silicon Graphics 9500900 - WASD V1 - IBM Model M 52G9658 - Noppoo Choc Pro with Cherry lasered PBT keycaps - Wyse 900866-01 - Cherry G80-8200LPBUS/07 - Dell AT101W - several Cherry G81s (future doubleshot donors) (order of current preference) (dang I have too many keyboards, I really only need two)