Author Topic: ducky or xarmour?  (Read 1980 times)

Offline bader0

ducky or xarmour?
« on: Sun, 10 July 2011, 22:14:56 »
hey guys i'm very new to this forum, sorry for any inconvenience but i have a quick question. I bought a razer blackwidow ultimate as my first mechanical keyboard not long ago and i love the feel of the cherry mx blue switches but i kinda want to try brown switches. i have narrowed it down to the xarmour or the ducky backlit as i want backlighting. And was wondering if there is going to be any quality difference between the two boards, and what would it be.

Offline bah

ducky or xarmour?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 10 July 2011, 22:30:59 »
Hey Bad.
I did the same thing- I bought the BWU didn't like the Blue Switches, sold it here, then bought the XArmor from Amazon.

I don't know anything about the Ducky but I can tell you ever since I switched to the XArmor (Browns) I've been loving it- there is a big difference in the key switches (at least to me).
From what I've seen here, from trolling a few threads, is the BWU and the XArmor are about the same quality wise- they are both very decent mech KB- IMO.
I would personally go for the XArmor. I would have considered Deck but they don't have Browns  :(
Hope this helps.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
ducky or xarmour?
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 10 July 2011, 22:38:47 »
Ducky Shine is not available yet. I'm not sure what the release schedule is, but it might be awhile before you would get a comparison.

Offline bader0

ducky or xarmour?
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 10 July 2011, 23:47:23 »
thanks for the responses, its my understanding that the ducky will just be a ducky 9008 with leds. i was wondering about the feel of the ducky9008 in comparison to the xarmour really. or if the brand ducky had better keyboards in general than xarmour. i am aware that the ducky shine will not be out for a while and i am fine with waiting for it.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
ducky or xarmour?
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 10 July 2011, 23:56:36 »
Most people will say the Ducky is better made. I haven't tried either so I can't say personally. I feel the ducky looks a lot nicer though.

Offline bader0

ducky or xarmour?
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 11 July 2011, 00:01:38 »
Quote from: lysol;377913
Most people will say the Ducky is better made. I haven't tried either so I can't say personally. I feel the ducky looks a lot nicer though.

thanks again, and yes i think that the ducky looks much cleaner and nicer too. i think atm im leaning towards waiting for it as i can get it easily here in australia from mechkeyboards.com

Offline bdpq

ducky or xarmour?
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 11 July 2011, 00:37:07 »
I saw the Ducky 9008 Shine in Computex, it looks very nice.  I'd put my money on Ducky.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
where the heck is green?

Offline bader0

ducky or xarmour?
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 11 July 2011, 02:10:20 »
Quote from: bdpq;377949
I saw the Ducky 9008 Shine in Computex, it looks very nice.  I'd put my money on Ducky.
thanks for responding i think i have decided to wait for the ducky.

Offline The Solutor

ducky or xarmour?
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 11 July 2011, 05:50:10 »
Ducky shine is a black only board, Xarmor is available in blue or brown.

This is the main difference
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)