Author Topic: Help identify this i guess.  (Read 1520 times)

Offline 500_pts

Help identify this i guess.
« on: Mon, 11 July 2011, 15:14:11 »
so i was really bored at work today and lo and behold in my wanderings i found this wonder collecting dust, now, i took really fast crappy cell pics cause i didnt want people to think i was stealing etc. idk what this switch is, no branding on the kb, the part of the switch would not come off easily, so idk if the actual switch is underneath. Its a very low tactility clicky switch if it helps.

and the overview. i know i cut off the right side, again, i wanted to be quick about it.

yes, the leds are in the keys (caps num etc.)

ty in advance
REALFORCE 86u | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco TKL| Filco TKL | Leopold TKL | KBT Race

Offline NeeGo

« Reply #1 on: Mon, 11 July 2011, 15:19:04 »
Fujitsu peerless? Or something like that.

Offline theferenc

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 11 July 2011, 15:19:14 »
That looks like the same mechanism the Sun keyboards use, which is a rubber dome. What you see is there to hold the key caps in place. Basically, it's a plunger. You can see if you can find the keyboard in the FCC database, if the FCC ID is still on the back of the board.

I seem to recall that the Peerless also uses that sort of mechanism, but it may look quite different.
HHKB Pro 2 -- Custom UNIX layout Unicomp Customizer 101 -- IBM Model M 1391401 (modded to UNIX layout) -- IBM 1397000 (also UNIX layout) -- SSK in UNIX layout -- Model F 122 key in UNIX layout (Soarer USB "native")

CST L-TracX trackball -- Kensington Expert Mouse trackball

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 11 July 2011, 15:21:04 »
It's a fujitsu peerless.  I have one that  that looks just like it.

Not the most popular switch on the forum...
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline 500_pts

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 11 July 2011, 15:21:50 »
Yeah, im assuming its either a sun keyboard without branding/oem cause theres alot of old sun kb's laying around EMC. im FAIRLY certain its not rubber dome, as it was distinctly more precise, and was definetly clicky like blues. also in the same carboard box was a dell quietkey :P

edit: okay its just a higher end rubber dome with springs, had a not so bad feel honestly. i still prefer all my filcos, but definetly still nice
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 July 2011, 15:25:19 by 500_pts »
REALFORCE 86u | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco TKL| Filco TKL | Leopold TKL | KBT Race

Offline theferenc

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 11 July 2011, 15:50:12 »
If it clicks, it's a Peerless. Some are quite nice, some not so much. I rather liked the one I had, but not as much as some of my other keyboards, so I sold it.
HHKB Pro 2 -- Custom UNIX layout Unicomp Customizer 101 -- IBM Model M 1391401 (modded to UNIX layout) -- IBM 1397000 (also UNIX layout) -- SSK in UNIX layout -- Model F 122 key in UNIX layout (Soarer USB "native")

CST L-TracX trackball -- Kensington Expert Mouse trackball