Author Topic: Mionix Zibal 60 first impressions  (Read 6836 times)

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
Mionix Zibal 60 first impressions
« on: Tue, 12 July 2011, 20:45:24 »
I am not much of a review guy unless I have incentive to do a review (aka free review sample) so I will just do a quick first impressions topic with some pictures.

Let me start by saying this keyboard is almost exactly like my TT Meka G1. There is almost no difference between the two boards aside from the backlighting and the length of the humongo cord. I must say it is nice to have backlighting back into my hands again. I think the only thing I was sad about when entering the mechanical keyboard world was the lack of backlighting keyboards. However, now with more companies picking up on the mech keyboard hype, we are starting to get some real contenders in this category.

The backlighting has 3 brightnesses, but I don't see myself using anything but the highest since the other two settings are so low. This keyboard also has the cool feature of being able to change what keys are backlit. However, this is limited to only lighting the WASD keys, whole keyboard on, or whole keyboard off which is kind of a bummer but is cool nonetheless.

The keycaps don't feel as nice as the Wyse keycaps on my TT Meka G1, but that is to be expected. Them thick doubleshots know how to get the job done.

Thats all I can think of that is noticably different in the two boards. You will be able to see the difference in the wrist rest from the pictures, but it is a very minimal change.

Based off my use with it so far, I give the board a solid 9/10. The 1 point off for the not so good backlighting.

You can ask questions, but I more than likely won't answer.

[/url]
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 12 July 2011, 21:36:41 »
Holy crap!! what happened to that G1? So many colors on it I can't even count.

On pic#2, the 2 cases look like mirror image.
Keyboardless

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 12 July 2011, 22:24:14 »
fa
AF | Ducky YOTD |