Author Topic: What kind of black paint + coating does filco use on their black encasings?  (Read 1518 times)

Offline spitfire6000

Say one wanted to repaint or recoat their filco black encasing, what product would one use?

The goal here being to keep the encasing as original as possible, im looking for a touch up paint if you will, that could color in imperfections or damage during shipping.

Keyboard casing/frame has a black paint along with some kind of protective clear coat perhaps?
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 July 2011, 04:23:00 by spitfire6000 »

Offline Arcanius

• Buckling Spring Lover
The Filco case is just black plastic, no coating. Finding a perfect paint match may be pretty hard.

Offline spitfire6000

Krylon Matte Finish Spray

how about this?

Offline spitfire6000

arcanius, you mean its 100% black plastic? with no paint and no coating over the paint?

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
Ok, another way to look at it:   Very few people here have ever painted their case.  Of them I think there's 1 that did it to a Filco, maybe 2.  Of all the people painting their KBs, it would be extremely rare to find one that painted it black, seeing as how it's much easier, resell-able and successful to just buy a black KB.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
The Filco KB case is entirely uncoated plastic.  I've even cut into mine so I'm sure of it.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline The Solutor

BTW you can use the good old spray paint meant to paint the car's bumpers.

I used it for years when anything was beige, and my PCs were black.

Altough recent cars tend to have the bumpers painted in color, the ones with rubbery black or gray finish are still alive, and this kind of spray is still available.

Usually in various shades of gray and in black
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)