Author Topic: I Finally Snagged Another Omnikey!  (Read 1706 times)

Offline flashstar

I Finally Snagged Another Omnikey!
« on: Fri, 22 July 2011, 03:20:53 »
I've been waiting months to find the right Omnikey for the right price and I happened to stumble upon a nice-looking 101 model this evening for $60 plus shipping (after checking Ebay every couple days). Needless to say, I bought it immediately.

I didn't know that certain Omnikeys came with Windows keys... Was this common on later 101s? Do you think that I got a decent deal? It's so hard to find Omnikeys for a good price today.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330591693850&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Keyboards: Omnikey 102 (complicated whites), Omnikey Ultra T (blues), Omnikey 101p (FUKKAs), Focus FK-2001 (comp whites), Escom (blues, for parts)

Offline Peter

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 22 July 2011, 10:23:41 »
Nice..
...For a used one that is :)
I'm still kicking my own butt for not buying the NIB Ultra with International AND DVORAK extra-keycaps,
he only wanted 250$ US  BIN !!
(Don't you just LOVE the BIG-ASS Enter-key ?)

Offline himynameisbunny

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 22 July 2011, 10:36:29 »
Quote from: Peter;385279

Nope.avi.

Tons of the boards sold in Aus are sold with Big ASS enter keys. Now that I've used ANSI layouts I find it hard to believe anybody prefers ISO or Big Ass.

Sent from my Vega using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 // Logitech M570 Trackball // Topre Realforce 23UB

Offline Peter

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 22 July 2011, 11:33:41 »
Yeah well ..
Your convict-alphabet only has 26 characters ..
Mine has 29 and we've been a Kingdom for more than 1200 years !
How many years is it since you guys exterminated the last Aboriginals ??

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 22 July 2011, 19:56:58 »
Quote from: Peter;385279

As I said earlier this forum need a "I hate the big enters" room.

So all the related commends can be safely relegated there...:pound:
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline Gloo

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 25 July 2011, 06:28:37 »
Quote from: The Solutor;385649
As I said earlier this forum need a "I hate the big enters" room.

Wait... I think you have some logic inverted here: most people here prefer US layout, it is obvious in the poll. Also I have seen people switching to US layout and not so much switching from US layout. So it seems pretty obvious that people will point out that that layout with big enter may not be what they like.

Do you not think that you got some logic inverted and that instead of repeating everywhere that big enter is the holy grail of keyboarding and that this site needs a forum "I hate big enter" maybe what this site would need would be a forum called "I love the big enters"? So you could keep posting all day with me in that forum every time the subject comes up?

I understand for you it is the top of the keyboard evolution and probably if a keyboard could be made with an even bigger enter key you would love it even better and tell here how people are so stupid not to like that even bigger enter (even if it means shrinking other keys, heck why not removing keys, making half keys, etc.  but who cares: enter is a very useful key so the bigger the better, your logic is flawless on this, you cannot possibly be wrong: anyway I know you are never wrong I am on your side).

So your logic is perfect but maybe you should stop try to convince the majority of people here that big enter is better and just deal with it when people point out that a bigass enter is a sure way to ruin a board? Not that I agree with them and their own reasoning about harder to reach shift and backspaces etc.

Because you are so right: enter is more useful than shift or backspace so let's make enter as big as possible.

It's because you are so smart and always right here and never wrong in arguments that I say that: I am on your side but I find it a bit condescending from you and even maybe, maybe, a bit trollish that you know have this new meme that consists in always writing 'we need a forum i-hate-big-enter' when actually the problem could be mitigated by creating a new forum 'i love big enter' where you and me could post all day our love for big enter and maybe even talk about our quest for convincing keyboard manufacturers to make an even bigger enter key?

I don't know what you think: most people here prefer US layout with big shift and big backspace and wide (but not tall) enter and this site is about keyboards (I think), so it seems normal people will point out what they see as a shortcoming (smaller shifts and backspace and relocated keys etc.).

So what do you think? you will always now say "this site needs a i-hate-big-enter forum"? I'm not sure it is a good strategy. To me it sounds like a condescending cheap stab I would use if I had no real arguments for big enters.

What about creating a 'i-love-big-enter' forum and there we could discuss real arguments about big enters?

And optionally you could stop spamming other forums with condescending messages saying: "this site needs a I-hate-big-enter forum" because that seems both condescending, spammy and trollish?

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 25 July 2011, 06:42:39 »
Message #4 spent  trolling, message #5 spent trolling...

I can't wait for the #6 :pound:
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)