Author Topic: Where to buy an indented CapsLock key cap?  (Read 3924 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline d0nutz1

  • Thread Starter
  • Posts: 1
Where to buy an indented CapsLock key cap?
« on: Wed, 27 July 2011, 18:03:59 »

I just bought a Filco Majestouch2 and I really like it. However, I noticed that whenever I try to press the 'a' key, I always end up accidently pressing the CapsLock key. I noticed that on my old keyboard, the CapsLock key was slightly indented so that your finger could tell what key it was on without looking. I tried searching on Google and the forums, but I could not find where to buy one of these. Does anyone know where I could start?


Offline Supergleep

  • Posts: 56
  • Location: Potato State
Where to buy an indented CapsLock key cap?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 27 July 2011, 18:19:54 »
Not sure if there's a ready-made stepped CapsLock key available to fit a Filco at the moment. The Signature Plastics one has an offset stem that doesn't fit a Filco.

Several folks have made their own from an offset doubleshot key (either a Cherry doubleshot or a Signature Plastics one) and trimmed and glued a new, centered stem in place to fit. Check Ripster's Anti-Otaku wiki starting at discussion post #73 here:
Filco Tenkeyless - Daily Driver  |  Filco Linear R - 87  | Filco 104 Ninja

Offline Ascaii

  • Posts: 415
  • Location: Berlin, Germany
Where to buy an indented CapsLock key cap?
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 29 July 2011, 03:04:55 »
I have a few strange caps from all sorts of different boards...if youll send me the measurements of the cap you need (width+stem position) ill check if I have a cap that will fit your board.
"Mechanical keyboards are like pokemon:
you start with one, and then you wanna catch em all."