Author Topic: Taking Your Model M to Work Day.......  (Read 1532 times)

Offline Thinkpad Fan

Taking Your Model M to Work Day.......
« on: Fri, 29 July 2011, 05:11:42 »
Well, I can't stand it.  The cheezy Dell keyboards at work are just toooo lame.  I'm taking my prized IBM M2, since the desk for the project I'm working on is tiny, and hoping the noise doesn't get me branded some kind of radical throwback!  Wish me Luck!  TPF

Offline domin8r

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 29 July 2011, 05:30:15 »
Good luck!

Every workplace should let you endulge you a bit now and again I think!
Compaq MX-11800, Ergo Clear/Brown/Ghetto Red
Ducky 1087XM
Laser SX-25 , White SMK
Black Dell AT101W
IBM Model M 1390120 (\'86)
Cherry G80-1000, Panda Clears

Offline Tony

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 29 July 2011, 08:45:38 »
I bring my Filco brown to work and no one notices. I continue with a Ninja keycap set for alpha keys, and our colleagues like it.
Keyboard: Filco MJ1 104 brown, Filco MJ2 87 brown, Compaq MX11800, Noppoo Choc Brown/Blue/Red, IBM Model M 1996, CMStorm Quickfire Rapid Black
Layout: Colemak experience, speed of 67wpm

Offline Atenacius

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 29 July 2011, 08:52:04 »
I'd definitely get fired if I brought in my Model M to work. They would not appreciate it

Keychron Q6 GATERON G PRO YELLOW
Vortex Pok3r CHERRY MX RED
Das Keyboard Model S CHERRY MX BLUE
IBM Model M
1391401 09 MAR 93

Offline Epic0range

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 29 July 2011, 10:23:13 »
Everyone thinks I'm weird just because I visits a website about keyboards, let alone if I brought in my own to work.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
KBC Poker w/ PBT

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 29 July 2011, 10:32:53 »
My coworkers think I'm weird because over the past few months I've had pretty much every keyboard in my sig (except for the Dell and the Unicomp) here at work for at least a few days. Right now I've got my MJ2 Brown and Das Keyboard on my desk, and the guy who works next to me is borrowing my PLU to see how he likes reds (he usually uses a Black Widow).

Offline jpc

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 29 July 2011, 10:44:44 »
Caution: coworkers will know when you're slacking off.

The Model M is great if you do any kind of phone tech support. Your caller will hear the keyboard and (with luck) realize that you're doing something on the computer and they should shut up until you're done :biggrin:

RSI prevention recipe:[/B] Kinesis Contoured, Colemak layout, touch typing, Contour Design Rollermouse,  Logitech TrackMan Wheel, Logitech m570 trackball, "workrave" break timer software, "awesome" window manager, tenkeyless boards, cherry browns, Wang 724 with "ghetto green" ALPS, standing desk and/or comfy adjustable chairs, stress reduction, computer time reduction.

Fun non-ergonomic things: bolt modded Model M Space Saving Keyboards with new springs, Kensington Expert Mouse v7, Unicomp Endurapro, Northgates

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 29 July 2011, 12:26:33 »
This week I brought Model M SSK, Poker Red, Chicony 5181, Apple M3501, Poker ergo-clear to work. I'm already known as 'the keyboard guy'  :smile:  They usually just look at the keyboards a little bit and walk away.
Keyboardless