Author Topic: Cherry G80 wrong key configuration  (Read 928 times)

Offline Yngwie

Cherry G80 wrong key configuration
« on: Fri, 26 August 2011, 23:17:00 »
To make a long story short, I have two Cherry G80-8200LPBUS. One of them had a bad controller board, which I managed to replace with a G80-8113 controller board. I started it up and the key configuration wasn't exactly correct, so I loaded the G80-8200 firmware onto it. The configuration was a little better, but the all the numbers in the num pad control different things such as Insert, Delete, Home, End, etc. while the Insert, Home, Pg Up, Pg Dn keys don't do anything at all. There's a few other wrong keys and I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work right. I then plugged in my other G80-8200 (the one with that was working correctly) and now it's using the same configuration problem as the other one was. I know I have the correct keyboard configuration activated and the correct firmware on them, but I'm not sure what is going wrong here.

Offline False_Dmitry_II

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 26 August 2011, 23:31:59 »
I guess you could always try to program each key with cherry tools. I still ain't messed with that software yet. I find it's interesting though that both are doing it now. Makes it seem like an OS issue somehow.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin (11 Nov. 1755)

Offline Yngwie

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 26 August 2011, 23:39:38 »
Well, just to clarify, Cherry Tools is showing the correct configuration that the keyboard should be, but it's just that when I type on any of the number keys, home, end, insert, etc. the configuration is wrong.