Author Topic: IBM Model M Keycap F5  (Read 1724 times)

Offline All About Jake

• Trade Count: (0)
IBM Model M Keycap F5
« on: Sun, 04 September 2011, 19:20:54 »
Hi there!  I was gifted a 1990's era Model M.  Spent some of my holiday weekend cleaning it thoroughly, and it works great!

The only problem with it is that it's missing the F5 key cap.  Its a two-piece key, and the cap stem is fine, just need the cap.

If anyone has one on their parts keyboard, please let me know!  

Otherwise, I'll probably wind up getting it from clickykeyboards, but for just a single keycap, I'd rather not have to pad the order just to meet the minimum.

Thanks everyone,
Jake

Offline wcass

IBM Model M Keycap F5
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 04 September 2011, 23:22:23 »
where are you at?

Offline Ascaii

IBM Model M Keycap F5
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 05 September 2011, 02:00:11 »
I can send you one, price incl worldwide shipping is 2€
"Mechanical keyboards are like pokemon:
you start with one, and then you wanna catch em all."

Offline All About Jake

Located in New Jersey, USA
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 05 September 2011, 09:24:23 »
I should have mentioned that.  I'm in New Jersey, USA.  

2€ shipped is perfect, so I might take you up on that offer.  It is greatly appreciated.  ...Unless someone has one closer to home.   I'm not in any hurry, and if someone has it in the states, it'll save you the trouble of having to ship internationally :)

Jake

Offline theferenc

IBM Model M Keycap F5
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 05 September 2011, 12:31:31 »
I may have one for you, though it will be a while before I know for sure. I know I have one that is the "wrong" color (terminal emulators use opposite color blocks for the F keys), and I know I have a Cmd 5 key, which is the old version of F5, in the correct color. I haven't fully sorted my spare keys yet though. Oh, and I have one that is dyed purple, as well.

Unless you want a wrong color or Cmd key, I would just take the offer from Ascaii. It will be quite some time before I can find it, if I even have it. Not sure how long you're willing to wait, but it will likely be a month or so before I have enough time.
HHKB Pro 2 -- Custom UNIX layout Unicomp Customizer 101 -- IBM Model M 1391401 (modded to UNIX layout) -- IBM 1397000 (also UNIX layout) -- SSK in UNIX layout -- Model F 122 key in UNIX layout (Soarer USB "native")

CST L-TracX trackball -- Kensington Expert Mouse trackball

Offline All About Jake

IBM Model M Keycap F5
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 07 September 2011, 12:47:03 »
Ascaii,

Sent you a private message.  Looks like you're my best bet. :)

Thanks,
Jake