Author Topic: Filco USB Issue?  (Read 2000 times)

Offline whiskerBox

Filco USB Issue?
« on: Mon, 12 September 2011, 19:20:59 »
Ok so this is a weird one for me, not sure if you guys have seen this before and maybe have some tips?

I recently purchased a Filco ninja mj2 tkl and I am using it with a mac. The problem is that if it is plugged in and I turn on the mac the keyboard doesnt recognize or get power or something it just doesnt work. So I then unplug it and plug it back in and it instantly works?
This isnt a huge deal as it is a macbook pro and I frequently take it around town and to work but lately it has been stationary and this is becoming quite annoying. This never happened with any other keyboard that I used with the mac before. Any Ideas?

Thanks
"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.

Offline whiskerBox

Filco USB Issue?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 12 September 2011, 22:03:47 »
I have searched all over the web and apparently I am the only one with this problem. So I will update if I figure it out.

Offline whiskerBox

Filco USB Issue?
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 12 September 2011, 22:11:26 »
So I figured it out and it is simple. If you find your self in this situation do the following

System Preferences > Keyboard > Change Keyboard Type

Just follow the prompts and due the process over again and this will fix the issue. After doing this I performed a restart of the cpu and was able to login using the filco problem solved.

Offline Daniel Beardsmore

• RIP
    • Boring twaddle
Filco USB Issue?
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 14 September 2011, 16:58:55 »
Weird. I remember the colourful iMacs used to switch off the keyboard sometimes when going to sleep, so you couldn't wake them back up. I've managed on occasion to wake the machine by reconnecting the keyboard to the other USB port – maybe Mac OS 8.5 got confused and switched off the wrong port :)
Bore Awards
Most Boring Person on the Planet – 2011 Winner

Offline whiskerBox

Filco USB Issue?
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 15 September 2011, 23:42:15 »
Yeah I remember that. This is on a brand new Mac book pro though and I havent had this issue with any other keyboard on this computer. Unfortunately I am still having this issue and have contacted the seller from which I purchased as this is not even a week old and I think it might be a defective unit ;(