Author Topic: German layout/language keyboards? (for German language students)  (Read 959 times)

Offline mr626

German layout/language keyboards? (for German language students)
« on: Thu, 15 September 2011, 00:00:57 »
Hi all,

A non-mechanical keyboard question (apologies). A language teacher that I know who teaches German would like to get some 'German' keyboards. Australia isn't exactly overflowing with European layout/language boards though.
So, where would be a good place to buy some? Rubber-dome is okay in this instance (somehow I don't think they'll be willing to pay for something with mx switches).

Thanks for your help

Offline RC-1140

« Reply #1 on: Thu, 15 September 2011, 11:12:24 »
well, I might be the wrong person to ask, since I live in Germany,so it's hard to get one without the DE layout. Anyway, I guess it should be possible to get a cheap cherry board or something like this. If nothing helps, I guess many people here have some old OEM boards lying around. (including me). I don't really know how to buy a new one in Australia, but getting a used one shouldn't be a problem.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Unicomp 122-Key Terminal Emulator - IBM Model M 1394309 - IBM Model M 1394312 (Terminal) - Cherry G84-4100 - Cherry G80-1800 MX Black - Cherry G80-2551HAD (with a spare NIB)

Offline mr626

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 15 September 2011, 17:19:42 »
Thanks for the reply. I think they really want new boards otherwise I'd be happy to get used ones. I guess I'll keep looking.

Offline Lolcakes

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 15 September 2011, 17:24:25 »
Hi! The first thing that comes to my mind is ebay... Maybe you could find some new and cheap ones on ebay, possibly from a Chinese supplier. This is just a suggestion. Good luck with your search (=

Offline mr626

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 15 September 2011, 17:48:03 »
Yes, ebay is looking to be the best bet I guess.

Another possibility is to just get stickers to go on the keys of our US keyboards.