Author Topic: Didn't know where to introduce myself...and got a new keyboard!  (Read 897 times)

Offline mancub

Didn't know where to introduce myself...and got a new keyboard!
« on: Fri, 16 September 2011, 19:13:14 »
I am new to geekhack, and wanted to say thanks to everyone for the endless information!

After much time debating and reading of countless posts I decided to get a Cherry MX blue keyboard and just received my Leopold tenkeyless otaku blue in the mail! This is my first mechanical! I was mostly deciding between the Leopold/Filco/Wasd (like so many others =P), but went for the Leo due to price, TKL availability (just missed the recent amazon stock in blues), and that I could get a blank keycap set right away.  To me, I love how the Leo is completely blank...not even a logo and the detachable cable is a nice touch.  I realize many Filco enthusiasts despise the cherry stabilizers when used on a plate mounted keyboard...however it suits me just fine so far. I do see how they could be considered "mushy" compared to the other keys but everything is such a huge step above my old rubber dome.  Maybe for my next board I will get a fullsize brown Filco just to have a completely different rig.  

Again, thanks for keeping this community active and fun to read about...and slowly become a part of.  I just hope my new blue switches won't bother the neighbors...too much =P.  

btw, loving the tenkeyless! This is truly amazing to have my mouse just a few inches closer to the board. Definitely, a bigger improvement ergonomically than I expected.

Offline mancub

Didn't know where to introduce myself...and got a new keyboard!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 16 September 2011, 19:46:16 »
Hi ripster,

definitely have read a lot of your posts...:)
yeah, I kind of figured the whole stabilizer thing was just a small nuance that only "elite" users would really care about.  haha, but loving the mechanical board so far!

...you changed your avatar to the dude?!? oh well, I like him equally as much as zooey