Author Topic: Filco Ninja Tenkeyless Brown  (Read 1732 times)

Offline LostArk

Filco Ninja Tenkeyless Brown
« on: Sat, 17 September 2011, 16:37:27 »
Just got my Filco Ninja Tenkeyless in the mail.

It's heaven / perfection.

The "F" key is a ringer, but I can live with it. Nothing is perfect, wabi sabi, and all that jazz.

I don't think there's a keyboard in existence I'd rather have!

Offline enoy21

« Reply #1 on: Sat, 17 September 2011, 20:18:09 »
So is it perfection or is nothing perfect ...  ?  

I'm not sayin,,,, I'm just sayin ....lol

This is currently tied for second on my list now due to the pinging reports since UK stopped carrying them.  I'm glad you love it and think I would too.  Just hard to justify that cost with any kind of common issue like that.   Have you looked into any of the repairs listed here on the site ?
WASD 104 work
WASD 104 home
WASD 104 [not my style]
Filco MJ2 Ninja 87 [sold]

Offline LostArk

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 17 September 2011, 20:58:03 »
Quote from: enoy21;417897
So is it perfection or is nothing perfect ...  ?  

I'm not sayin,,,, I'm just sayin ....lol

This is currently tied for second on my list now due to the pinging reports since UK stopped carrying them.  I'm glad you love it and think I would too.  Just hard to justify that cost with any kind of common issue like that.   Have you looked into any of the repairs listed here on the site ?

I wouldn't bother with any repairs because I don't think one key pinging is a big deal. Maybe if it was a more common key or the spacebar pinging it would be enough to irk me, in which case I'd just return the board and try another brand. The Filco is built like a tank and a pleasure to type / game on, though, so I'm happy. I might compare it to the Leopold Otaku just out of overwhelming curiosity...

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 18 September 2011, 01:20:51 »
Congrats for your new Ninja!  If it pings, it goes away on its own after use.  If it really bothers you (are you a teenager with very sensitive hearing?), you can open up the case and de-solder the switch, open up the switch lubricate the switch and you are good to go.  

Really, you don't need to do any of those.  They are last resorts.  It will go away.  Trust me, I have 6 Filcos cherry boards.  ;-)  whatever you do, just don't squirt it with expanding foam from hardware stores.