Author Topic: L-CTRL Problem on Majestouch2  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Felcom

L-CTRL Problem on Majestouch2
« on: Sun, 18 September 2011, 21:35:49 »
Hey all,

I've had this Majestouch (104-key, Cherry MX Brown) for about six-ish months and just in the past few days the left Ctrl switch has become unresponsive.  This is a little shocking as I was planning on this keyboard lasting me years and years as so many of you have reported. This is the first and only problem with the keyboard that I've had. I keep it clean on the inside and can't see any visible damage to the switch.

I can sometimes get the key to work if I press down very hard and/or wiggle the key back and forth while pressing down, but obviously this can't continue.  I'm a programmer by trade, so having a broken left control key is a death sentence for this keyboard.

I'm hoping you guys have some suggestions on things to try to either pinpoint the problem or fix it. Thanks!
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 September 2011, 21:38:26 by Felcom »

Offline duncan

« Reply #1 on: Mon, 19 September 2011, 05:15:22 »
If it is 6 months old then it is still under warranty. Have you contacted the retailer?

It seems pretty much like you have identified that the switch is broken.

If you don't mind potentially invalidating you warranty you could try disassembling the switch and cleaning out any junk in their (if any) but I suspect you have simply had the bad luck to get the 1 in (ten thousand? hundred thousand? whatever?) switches that dies before they should. These are manufactured goods and sadly they are imperfect so there are ones that don't go the distance they should. Bad luck but it does happen.

Realforce 86UB || HHKB P2 || FILCO MT 87 Blues || FILCO MT 87 Browns || FILCO MT 87 Ninja  Blacks || Poker X Reds

Offline Felcom

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 19 September 2011, 08:23:32 »
I think I'll just return it to keyboardco., already got my RMA number. Might as well use the warranty while I have it, like you mentioned. Thanks for the reply.

As far as returns go, keyboardco. has the option to return for credit so I might just switch to a ninja. Anyone know how much they penalize you for not having some of the original packaging?

Offline Lolcakes

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 19 September 2011, 09:05:25 »
Hey! I cant answer your question but I must say yey for the European law about returns making this possible. (-:
My Filco is 2 months old.... no issues so far, I hope nothing bad happens to it... Since recently ive seen quite a few threads about filcos causing problems which gets me worried. I hope that I am wrong however and that everything is fine with these beautiful boards (=