Author Topic: Razer Mamba 4g V.S. ??????  (Read 23084 times)

Offline shogrran

Razer Mamba 4g V.S. ??????
« on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 05:56:36 »
Hi!

I am looking to buy a new mouse as a replacement for my Razer Salmosa. I am not a mouse expert so I only know of a few brands.

addendum: One thing to note is that my Razer Salmosa is not broken or anything. It still is working and working good actually considering it is almost a 4 year old mouse for me. I am very happy with razer products so I admit to having a bit of bias. So the question is what would make me buy a different brand?

I am currently looking a the Razer Mamba 4g 2012 version but before I buy it I would like to know if there are some better mice out there. I am hearing a lot about Steelseries mice and from watching Youtube reviews I presume the two brands are rivals when it comes to making peripherals.

I would also like your professional opinion regarding the Razer Mamba 4g. If you had any issues or problems with it please put it down here as well. :D

So, let the discussion begin! Razer Mamba 4g v.s. Steelseries? Logitech? etc? etc?

Addendum2: Where do I use my mouse.

Primarily gaming and a little photo editing. But really, I am not really an extreme gamer... I just want to have a good mouse just for the sake of having a mouse pretty much like some people just wants to have a mac or an Iphone just because its flashy. I hope I explain it clearly... hmm.. to give an analogy, I would buy a GTX590 just to play an old game like Warcraft 3. Just because. :D
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline shogrran

« Reply #1 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 05:59:26 »
Razer Mamba 4g V.S. Steelseries Sensei????
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Brodie337

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 06:27:23 »
Can you tell us a little about how you use your mouse? What sort of DPI? What programs/games? How many buttons? How do you hold it? (pics would be awesome here).

All this will help us make a good recommendation.

Offline shogrran

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 06:31:49 »
First post updated! :D

Addendum2: How do I use my mouse.

Primarily gaming and a little photo editing. But really, I am not really an extreme gamer... I just want to have a good mouse just for the sake of having a mouse pretty much like some people just wants to have a mac or an Iphone just because its flashy. I hope I explain it clearly... hmm.. to give an analogy, I would buy a GTX590 just to play an old game like Warcraft 3. Just because. :D
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Brodie337

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 06:40:25 »
As a gaming mouse, the thing I should mention about the Mamba is it uses the Philips Twin Eye sensor, which is known to have issues when you lift the mouse off of the pad.

Offline squarebox

• In Omnia Paratus
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 06:43:51 »
Razer Mamba 4G is a horrible mouse to use if you have the habit of lifting your mouse.
It's only good as a blinged-up short-battery life wireless mouse.
A video and a tiny review I did.

Since you are just buying with bling as priority and performance is secondary, Steelseries Sensei will be a better performing mouse than Razer Mamba 4G.
At least with the Sensei, you can boast your mouse can hit 11400 DPI and metal coated...

Lastly, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Filco Yellow Edition  | Filco Brown | Filco 2 Brown TKL | G80-1950 | G80-3494 | G80-11900 | Leopold FC500R | Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline shogrran

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 07:30:10 »
This is the first time I am hearing that there are issues with the twin eye sensor of the razer mamba.

@Brodie337 can you be more specific on what the issue or what happens when you lift the mouse?

@Squarebox Hey! I've seen that video before :D ahahaha small world I get to talk to the guy who made it.

Not exactly bling. Yes I go for bling but then I don't want the mouse to suck with issues. Bling for me means a higher performing mouse even if I'm just going to play minesweeper.

Addendum: I've searched google on the problem with the philips twin eye. Theres a twitch when you lift it of? Is that due to just the surface/m.pad that is being used? Or is just because it sucks?
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Brodie337

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 07:44:50 »
I had an Imperator (same sensor) for a few days. Aside from jitter (Goliathus Speed), the big issue was when you lift the mouse, the cursor moved about 300 pixels downward for me. Pissed me off to no end. I bought a Deathadder after, but I've not been impressed with the quality of either mouse.

Offline shogrran

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 08:04:11 »
@Brodie337 The imperator 4g? I have seen a video with the 'moving' of the cursor when lifting off ... i wonder if you were the one who made that video. Any chance that this problem isnt carried over to the mamba? Does adjusting the lift off distance in the driver solve the problem?

Sorry but I have not really used any other expensive brand of mouse other than the razer. (my bias explained on the first post) Before my salmosa all I had was a cheapo Logitech standard optical mouse.

What attracts me to the razer mamba:

1. The wireless option. Oh btw... @squarebox you mentioned it has a short battery life? How many hours does it last for you? They mentioned 16 hours(with the ligts in dim setting or off setting)in reviews.. is that not true in reality? A review that I watched says there isn't much difference in the reaction whether it be wireless or wired. Which is a good thing for me.

2. I'm not really a fan of how the two buttons on either side is designed.
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Bilbin

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 08:35:40 »
Phillips Twin Eye sensors all have Z-axis problems, if it doesn't happen with your mouse, keep using it and just don't listen to what anyone says.

You don't notice it and that's good... I guess.
Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Blues - Razer Abyssus - PureTrak Talent

Offline squarebox

• In Omnia Paratus
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 09:13:20 »
I wouldn't called it a twitch. The sensor will move diagonally to the right and downward every time you lift and put down the mouse which it rather unacceptable for FPS games.
I only managed to get about 10-12 hours for dim.
I assume the reviews tested it dim lighting with 125hz polling rate whereas I was using it at its so called "1000Hz" but only managed about 700-800range.
I know that there's much hate on Razer products on the internet but I found Razer Deathadder great.

There's another mouse that I personally liked too, Alienware Tactx. Decent bling, performs well and small.
Filco Yellow Edition  | Filco Brown | Filco 2 Brown TKL | G80-1950 | G80-3494 | G80-11900 | Leopold FC500R | Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline shogrran

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 09:21:16 »
@Bilbin

I haven't experienced it only because my current mouse doesn't have the twin eye yet. :D

Good thing you guys warned me about this because if there's a twitch or what ever problem with the tracking on lifting the mouse.... the Razer Mamba 4g is already out of the question for me.

So now... the question is....

Steelseries Sensei V.S. ???????

STEELSERIES SENSEI QUESTIONS

Any other mouse better than the Steelseries? Any downside to the steel series sensei? Any issues experienced?

The surface of the Sensei that looks like a chrome finish... doesn't that fade overtime? (oh well i guess that doesn't matter much because the rubbery finish of razer mice does not only fade overtime but gash and scratch as well) Or is that really metal of some sort?

@squarebox 11400 DPI? Hmm... I don't really understand the CPI calculator they have on their site. But this is the highest DPI on a mouse I have ever heard. So it means the sensei is almost double in dpi compared to the 'best' razer mouse?

Is it weird that I feel kind of sad since I have the blackwidow keyboard I won't be using a Razer mouse as well?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWh4ixBlFtU
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 10:46:28 »
i like the razer 4g. have had no problems with it
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline shogrran

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 10:58:00 »
@noodles256  waaaaah! Now I'm confused again. noodles256 from reading this thread have you tried lifting off your mouse and checking if you do have the issue mentioned above?

What surface/mouse pad are you using by the way?
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 11:07:55 »
Quote from: shogrran;426369
@noodles256  waaaaah! Now I'm confused again. noodles256 from reading this thread have you tried lifting off your mouse and checking if you do have the issue mentioned above?

What surface/mouse pad are you using by the way?

xtracpads ripper xxxl. I havent read the thread at all. I have had 0 problems with the mouse and the wireless is excellent. a lot better than the g700
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline shogrran

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 11:14:43 »
@Everyone

How about the new corsair vengeance series mice? How are they compared to the Mamba 4g and Sensei?
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline shogrran

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 11:38:27 »
@Everyone

How about the new corsair vengeance series mice? How are they compared to the Mamba 4g and Sensei?
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 11:43:25 »
@Everyone

AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 11:44:46 »
Oh crap.. there's a page 2 ?
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline shogrran

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 12:27:34 »
Quote from: noodles256;426373
xtracpads ripper xxxl. I havent read the thread at all. I have had 0 problems with the mouse and the wireless is excellent. a lot better than the g700

Apparently there are issues with the Twin Eye sensors on the Razer mamba 4g. When you lift it off the mousepad the mousepointer moves. Do you experience this?
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 12:36:11 »
I have had 0 problems with the mouse
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 13:17:12 »
Quote from: noodles256;426406
I have had 0 problems with the mouse

I've had zero problems with the mouse I own too... However it sits in a drawer and does nothing.  You've provided no information in regard to how you use your mouse so we have nothing to go on in regard to the sorts of things you do that it handles with no issue.  This is why you are being asked for more detail.

On the other hand I'm impressed with your progress in sentence structure and expanded content.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 14:19:33 »
Quote from: alaricljs;426423
I've had zero problems with the mouse I own too... However it sits in a drawer and does nothing.  You've provided no information in regard to how you use your mouse so we have nothing to go on in regard to the sorts of things you do that it handles with no issue.  This is why you are being asked for more detail.

On the other hand I'm impressed with your progress in sentence structure and expanded content.

didn't realize i would have to post my autobiography on here
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 14:24:30 »
Well it's time to pick one:  participate or don't.   Not something in between
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 14:36:00 »
bisexuals are in between
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline shogrran

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 15:51:32 »
Lighten up guys.

Regarding the topic:

I now have three choices:

STEELSERIES SENSEI
RAZER MAMBA 4G
CORSAIR VENGEANCE

On top of the list is the Sensei only because I haven't heard of anyone with bad feedback about it - its either no feedback or good feedback for the sensei. Although I would really like to read feedback from people who have used both the SS Sensei and the Razer Mamba 4g (4g version please not the old mamba)

Second in line is the Corsair mice... I like the design but I guess they have only just released this so I doubt anyone have tried it.

Third (and no longer a main choice) is the Razer Mamba 4g -- from the time I posted this thread till now I've been reading and watching reviews about it... and i say 50/50 some experience the issue and some say its an excellent mouse.
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 16:09:36 »
read the OP finally and it doesn't seem that you are going to use this mouse hardcore for games so to be honest I wouldn't worry about all that LOD stuff and bla bla because you probably won't even notice it.

I say go for the mouse that looks to coolest to you, they all function about the same. It's only the hardcore that notice the differences
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline shogrran

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 16:31:21 »
But I do notice. I'm still a gamer although not hardcore. I don't play fps games with money on the line but I when I do play fps I don't like my mouse to jitter or jump etc etc or whatever. I'm picky when it comes to quality and if a product is known for issues. I have returned mice that have the slightest issue.

I admit though that looks is also a major deciding factor. (that's why no logitech mice and the RAT 7  isn't in the choices ... I on a personal level don't like how they look). The only reason I could find that would make me NOT go for the ss sensei is that it doesn't match my keyboard looks wise. Other than that its already my top choice as of the moment. :D

Performance is my bling. Looks is a major factor but second only to specs and real world performance.

I wonder when the sensei will be available in my country...... :(
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline foliolio

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 17:50:46 »
Quote from: shogrran;426524
I'm picky when it comes to quality and if a product is known for issues. I have returned mice that have the slightest issue.

If that was true you wouldn't be considering any of the mice mentioned in this thread. Optical mice > laser mice for gaming as there's not a single laser sensor out there without major performance flaws.

Offline shogrran

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 18:56:23 »
And are you suggesting I go back to ball mice? :D I am looking for suggestions.
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 19:17:59 »
Quote from: foliolio;426568
... Optical mice [ed]are better/greater than[/ed] laser mice for gaming as there's not a single laser sensor out there without major performance flaws.

Quote from: shogrran;426611
And are you suggesting I go back to ball mice? :D I am looking for suggestions.

So no, not balls unless that's your thing.  Optical tho would be the better choice.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline Bilbin

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 20:21:38 »
Why not the Xai over the Sensei? It uses the same sensor.
Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Blues - Razer Abyssus - PureTrak Talent

Offline Brodie337

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 22:29:29 »
Or the G700. I love mine. The sensor used by the G700, Xai, Sensei and G500, amongst a truckload of other mouse has no lift off issues, but does have a little positive accelleration. People like to ***** and moan about it, but as a casual gamer, I couldn't really feel it, even coming from the Deathadder, which has no acceleration at all.

Don't get too caught up in the whole DPI thing either. For the vast majority of people, 2000DPI is more than enough (I play at 800DPI). In the modern mouse market, manufacturers like to flop it out and compare sizes. It's pure marketing.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 October 2011, 22:32:06 by Brodie337 »

Offline shogrran

« Reply #33 on: Thu, 06 October 2011, 03:55:21 »
@Brodie337

I guess I quite agree with you on the DPI. I play with 1800 (non-fps games though). What I am concerned about is the speed of the mouse, I have a cheapo HP mouse and the Salmosa currently and what I notice is I couldn't really use the cheapo mouse with my PC with a big screen and high resolution. It takes forever for the mouse pointer to travel from one point of the screen to another e.g. coming from the center of the screen to the corner and thats even on max settings.

Oh, one more thing to consider is that I do not have much deskspace for physical mouse travel. I literally have just a 4x5 inch space for the mouse, I never had a problem with that though using the salmosa since with just a few m.m. of sliding the mouse the pointer is already somewhere else. I hope I am explaining this proprerly I don't really know the proper terms to use.

The only reason I'll go for the Xai is for price and availability in case I get too impatient to wait for the Sensei to be available here. What's stopping me is that they all say the Sensei is the better version of the Xai.

Really not into the Logitech mice :D I mainly don't like the shape. I previously also had a cheapo Logitech mouse that served me well for about 2 years and then suddenly didn't work anymore. I'd say comparing other cheapo mice to cheapo mice I expected it would last longer. Weight is also an issue for me I never liked heavy mice. I'd like it if there is an adjustable weight system or just medium weight mice (not overly light though ahahaha)

Simpler design/shape the better too, As you can see on my original two choices, Mamba and Sensei as well as my currently used mouse the salmosa... they are all relatively just plainly shaped and designed mice. Not so much screaming flashing lights too and just regularly shaped mice. I find that best for the type of grip that I use.

Although I am not really an expert on the different types of grip, I think I'm using a form of claw grip? Where I just use the tips of my fingers to move the mouse. I find the more ergonomically shaped mice not comfortable with my grip plus I don't really have any use for all those grooves and curves for the thumb and pinky hahaha :D.
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 October 2011, 03:59:16 by shogrran »
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Brodie337

« Reply #34 on: Thu, 06 October 2011, 07:14:12 »
http://lanoc.org/review/input-devices/5274-steel-series-sensei?start=2

Saw that and thought it might be relevant. Personally, I don't see the point of the Sensei.

Offline shogrran

« Reply #35 on: Thu, 06 October 2011, 07:57:12 »
AHA! Nice review link posted! :D

:( i still couldn't find any head to head review with a different brand though. Hmm... maybe because its a new release relatively?
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #36 on: Thu, 06 October 2011, 07:58:41 »
Or because it's just a bling re-tread... why review something that functionally has no difference?
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline Mazora

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 07 October 2011, 09:27:40 »
how can you see no differences ? Can you read?
HHKB Pro 2: black case white keys
Filco Masjestouch v2 / MX-Reds / hard lending pads /Dye-sub keycaps
RF-87UW

Offline foliolio

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 07 October 2011, 10:32:03 »
Quote from: Mazora;426932
how can you see no differences ? Can you read?

What are the differences besides the amount of bling, as mentioned by alaricljs? Please list them here.

Offline Mazora

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 07 October 2011, 10:54:00 »
Side buttons sticking out (major plus imo)

There's a processor now... as an electrical engineer I'm wondering how this is gonna impact the mouse behavior. Is the processor helping out in the geometric calculations (or whatever) ? Or is it only boosting the DPI ? If theres an algorithm running then maybe it will bring new overall sensation to the mouse... who knows

Also, "They also changed the opening for the eye on the bottom of the mouse slightly."

Dont you think all these changes will certainly impact the overall feeling of the mouse ? I certainly think so. Now, will it be a better mouse ?  I don't know

Its all in the details...
RF-87UW

Offline shogrran

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 07 October 2011, 11:14:42 »
Uhm... are we talking about the Sensei? The one thing I liked is doubling the CPI and the on-board procie. I don't know about you guys, I like higher just because its higher and because I sorta believe that when you have a higher capacity you have more control on the lower cap. I just feel that way.

And besides... LIGHTEN UP GUYS. I don't have the Xai!!! Many people have razer mice or logitech mice or anyother mice who don't care if the Sensei is just one millimeter of performance better than the Xai predecessor! Why would I get a Xai when a slightly better AND more stylish Sensei is already available for just relatively a few dollars additional?

Why would i settle for a stock Lamborghini Gallardo when they are offering one with an additional gear speed,better engine and neon lights pre-installed? Tell me a good enough argument on this and I'll consider getting the Xai.

Saying it's just the same as the Xai doesn't really have bearing for me! Because again... I don't have the Xai!! If the only difference the Sensei has over the Xai is just an additional Teflon feet for a fair price I'll still get the Sensei.
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Mazora

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 07 October 2011, 11:28:48 »
I really like the Xai, but I want and I can afford to test drive the new Sensei, even with the risks of being disappoint by it are important (because of everything mentionned above)
RF-87UW

Offline foliolio

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 07 October 2011, 11:29:37 »
There are several examples of the new model being actually worse than the old one... DeathAdder and MX518 spring to mind.

Go ahead and get the Sensei and remember to write a review here, lots of people are sure to be interested.

Offline shogrran

« Reply #43 on: Fri, 07 October 2011, 13:55:03 »
:D sure! No problem I'll write a review once I get it. BUT ARRGHHH!! I hope it gets available soon here in our country! We are always delayed when it comes to new stuff.

I am scared to try ordering online for the first time. Primarily because I don't know what to expect. I haven't tried ordering online before. Plus there's an additional 24 dollars for shipping internationally. Aside from that... i dunno if there are other fees additional depending on my country.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 October 2011, 14:02:12 by shogrran »
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 07 October 2011, 14:35:33 »
Quote from: shogrran;426974
Uhm... are we talking about the Sensei? The one thing I liked is doubling the CPI and the on-board procie. I don't know about you guys, I like higher just because its higher and because I sorta believe that when you have a higher capacity you have more control on the lower cap. I just feel that way.

And besides... LIGHTEN UP GUYS. I don't have the Xai!!! Many people have razer mice or logitech mice or anyother mice who don't care if the Sensei is just one millimeter of performance better than the Xai predecessor! Why would I get a Xai when a slightly better AND more stylish Sensei is already available for just relatively a few dollars additional?

Why would i settle for a stock Lamborghini Gallardo when they are offering one with an additional gear speed,better engine and neon lights pre-installed? Tell me a good enough argument on this and I'll consider getting the Xai.

Saying it's just the same as the Xai doesn't really have bearing for me! Because again... I don't have the Xai!! If the only difference the Sensei has over the Xai is just an additional Teflon feet for a fair price I'll still get the Sensei.

i'd take an old supra before any of that
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline shogrran

« Reply #45 on: Fri, 07 October 2011, 15:14:45 »
@noodles256 but then stock on stock the old supra wouldn't really be at par. You still have to set it up,add a decent turbo, tune it, blah blah and basically add juice to the supra. :p

And besides taking from that analogy... I already have 'the old supra' my Salmosa is still working fine remember? No defects with perfect glide stable pointer with just the right amount of DPI. I don't even have to replace the mouse feet. Heck I don't even have to clean it. Why am I getting a new mouse? Just because.

The 'supra' isn't really part of the choices anyway :D
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 October 2011, 15:29:04 by shogrran »
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Mazora

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 12 October 2011, 13:16:19 »
received Sensei, its defective, gotta RMA.

mouse looks fukin awesome btw.... style is crazy beautiful.

Its just that its moving sligthly up when i move right. Everything is fine when i move left...how stupid. I hope its just this unit, or every douche that made a perfect review is oblivious about details
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 October 2011, 13:25:10 by Mazora »
RF-87UW

Offline shogrran

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 12 October 2011, 18:45:13 »
@Mazora How slightly is slightly up my friend? Any chance of error? Like you might be actually moving it slightly up? -- just asking. I'm not trolling. I wanna get this mouse myself so I'm trying to find out a lot about it.
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Mazora

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 12 October 2011, 20:44:11 »
Update: I've tested this mouse on a Windows7 system and its as good as Xai so far. The grip is surprisingly good.  Side buttons are popping out a little more than on the Xai and are easier to press, which is good as far as im concerned (some people at OCN have been complaining though).

On (the only) WindowsXP system i've got, this mouse is terrible, I've yet to find whats going on but the mouse is moving up everytime I move right...its terrible, this is not reliable at all. I've contacted Steelseries about this. I'll be doing more tests tomorow. I'll be testing the Xai on the windows XP too. My old MX580 is doing real good on this XP machine.....
RF-87UW

Offline shogrran

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 13 October 2011, 18:21:50 »
Quote from: Mazora;429864
Update: I've tested this mouse on a Windows7 system and its as good as Xai so far. The grip is surprisingly good.  Side buttons are popping out a little more than on the Xai and are easier to press, which is good as far as im concerned (some people at OCN have been complaining though).

On (the only) WindowsXP system i've got, this mouse is terrible, I've yet to find whats going on but the mouse is moving up everytime I move right...its terrible, this is not reliable at all. I've contacted Steelseries about this. I'll be doing more tests tomorow. I'll be testing the Xai on the windows XP too. My old MX580 is doing real good on this XP machine.....

Hmm... well I've read on another review on the sensei mouse that there have been driver updates due to some problems with this mouse being prone to "random skipping and poor tracking". I hope I read the review correctly. But in that case maybe its only because of driver compatibility with old versions of windows? (makes no sense since the mouse is supposedly driver-less) But I guess it does make sense... if you think that no device is totally driver-less... i mean it still uses something to communicate with the OS right.
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]