Author Topic: Filco Majestouch  (Read 1613 times)

Offline Tomdarkness

Filco Majestouch
« on: Wed, 12 October 2011, 14:08:54 »
Hey,

I'm looking to purchase my first Mechanical Keyboard and after some research I've settled on the MX Browns. I live in the UK and the only place I found that sells the Filco Majestouch is The Keyboard Company.

The keyboard sold by The Keyboard Company is the UK Filco Majestouch-2 it it out of stock and they don't expect stock until the 5th of December. However, I've found somewhere else that sells the UK Filco Majestouch (without the version 2 on the end). Is it worth buying the non-version 2 or waiting til the version 2 comes back in stock in December?

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
  • Still around, sometimes.
Filco Majestouch
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 12 October 2011, 14:36:36 »
I've seen this topic enough to say that the differences are basically negligible. The Majestouch 2 has a higher polling rate than the Majestouch, but if I recall correctly, it's something that will likely not really affect you, unless you type at freakishly high wpm.
Risen from the dead for a model F.

Wyse buy colors were GSY for the dark grey, GBA for the light grey, and BBI for the fonts.

Offline rodya

Filco Majestouch
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 12 October 2011, 14:57:31 »
What would be considered freakishly high?  Just curious.

Offline insilica

• Keyboard Geeza
Filco Majestouch
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 12 October 2011, 15:04:46 »
Quote from: Tomdarkness;429595
Hey,

I'm looking to purchase my first Mechanical Keyboard and after some research I've settled on the MX Browns. I live in the UK and the only place I found that sells the Filco Majestouch is The Keyboard Company.

The keyboard sold by The Keyboard Company is the UK Filco Majestouch-2 it it out of stock and they don't expect stock until the 5th of December. However, I've found somewhere else that sells the UK Filco Majestouch (without the version 2 on the end). Is it worth buying the non-version 2 or waiting til the version 2 comes back in stock in December?

Hi and welcome to GH! From previous posts you will find very little difference.

I guess you mean the full keyboard?
because:
TKL Filco brow UK layout is in stock:
http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_details.asp?PRODUCT=804

depends what your after really. I'm wasn't bothered I grabbed TKL ANSI ninjas (US.) layout

Quote from: rodya;429682
What would be considered freakishly high?  Just curious.

...1000wpm maybe :bounce:
FreeBSD :: Gentoo :: Arch :: [Project Roswell] :: U2410 Eyefinity :: WC P280 :: 3930K [C2] (4.5GHz)
ASUS Maximus IV :: 64GB Vengeance :: MSI 7970 xFire ::  Seasonic 1KW :: M4 256GB

REALFORCE 87U Silent (Variable) | Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja TKL (Brown) | FC660C

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
Filco Majestouch
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 12 October 2011, 15:06:21 »
wclm2gh
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline Tomdarkness

Filco Majestouch
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 12 October 2011, 16:35:23 »
I was not too sure on the TKL but after a bit of consideration I've gone ahead and ordered the TKL. I figured I could buy some cheap numpad and stick it in a draw for the once a year occasion when I actually use it :P

Reason I'm not too keep on the US layout is I don't think I could live with the smaller enter key. Would of gone for the Ninjas if they came in a UK layout.

Thanks everyone :)

Quote from: insilica;429687
Hi and welcome to GH! From previous posts you will find very little difference.

I guess you mean the full keyboard?
because:
TKL Filco brow UK layout is in stock:
-snip url-

depends what your after really. I'm wasn't bothered I grabbed TKL ANSI ninjas (US.) layout

...1000wpm maybe :bounce: