Author Topic: Zowie celeritas with cherry mx red.. Is this legit? Also, some advice please.  (Read 3036 times)

Offline Serket

Hey guys, first post on these boards. I have been lurking non stop for about a week now, trying to soak up info. However, I need some advice in the meanwhile.

My search for my first mech board has led me to either the Zowie Celeritas or the Ducky 9008 g2 (shine if it is stocked in time by Tank guys within the month). The reasoning for these two is mainly due to media keys (The RTR keys can't hurt either).
So far, I've been leaning more to the ducky as the Celeritas only comes with cherry mx browns.

Soooo.. The issue:
Apparently on armygroup they have a Zowie Celeritas with red axis (mx reds?). So if you go to armygroups website: armygroup.com.tw/shop/goods.php?id=7180
I had thought that Zowie only made these boards with mx browns only, and no amount of searching shows any boards with different switches. So how do these guys have a Celeritas with mx reds? The picture also shows red switches, so I really am stumped as to whats going on here.

A final piece of advice if you could please: Which do you feel is better between the Celeritas and Ducky 9008 g2. I feel that with mx reds and the gold plated switches, the Celeritas seems like the more solid choice.

Thanks guys.

Offline pitashen

Zowie celeritas with cherry mx red.. Is this legit? Also, some advice please.
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 15 October 2011, 18:33:33 »
Armygroup is quite reputable, so my guess is it is legit. You can also email Zowie to confirm.
\\\\ DSI Mac Modular Keyboard (Brown) w/ Leo  Blank Keycaps //
\\\\ Leopold 87keys Keyboard (Brown) w/ Black CherryCorp + SP DoubleShots //
\\\\ Filco Majestouch 2 NINJA (Black) w/ White CherryCorp + SP DoublsShots //

Offline Serket

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 15 October 2011, 18:38:51 »
I have heard that zowie's customer service isn't the best. But nonetheless it's a good idea, gonna send them an email.

Offline Skylit

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 15 October 2011, 18:43:11 »
They've been on the Chinese Zowie site for at least a month or so.

http://www.popgear.net/products/zowie_keyboard/celeritas_red.htm

Think the specific keyboard might be exclusive to china?

Offline Serket

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 15 October 2011, 18:47:19 »
Interesting, that particular website also quotes a 1 year official warranty on the board too. I think you might be right.

I tried to search a bunch on Celeritas' with Mx reds, and found nothing. You guys have been pretty helpful XD.

Offline Clickey

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 15 October 2011, 22:39:12 »
The gold plated switches thing is just what all cherry MX switches have. Not unique to one keyboard or another.
"we are on Geekhack not Lazy****" - The Solutor

Offline Serket

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 16 October 2011, 13:52:28 »
Is this true? So when a manufacturer says they have 18k gold plated switches... That's really just a feature of cherry mx switches in general?

Offline Serket

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 16 October 2011, 15:42:04 »
Nice. I suppose I can feel at ease about cleaning the keyboard if it gets to be obscenely dirty.

Nothing more disgusting then turning the treasure trove that is your keyboard upside down.