Author Topic: Time to replace my old Keyboard! Need your professional opinion  (Read 1272 times)

Offline Virro

Time to replace my old Keyboard! Need your professional opinion
« on: Sun, 16 October 2011, 06:02:42 »
Hey guys!
For a while now I've been using the G11 keyboard from Logitech, and while it's not a bad keyboard, I feel like a change would be cool!
So since I'm a bit of a newbie around the keyboard world, I would love to hear your guys opinion and advice, so that I may find the perfect keyboard =D
Okay, so there are a few things that HAS to apply when picking my keyboard:

It must be mechanical

It must have a Nordic-Layout (å æ and ø buttons)

It must have back-lighting preferably blue (I´m a sucker for lights, I can't help it)

I don't mind the clicking sound, but also I do not want to wake up the entire house when I'm typing.

Must be suited for gaming and all that entails.

Not a must, but I would reeaaaallly like if it had 2xUSB or 1xUSB+Speaker/Mic input on the keyboard.

I`m looking at spending $180 at the very most.
So can you guys point me towards a good keyboard? or maybe give me a few hints in my search?

Thanks in advance!

Offline enoy21

« Reply #1 on: Sun, 16 October 2011, 06:10:12 »
The Nordic threw me off.  and the backlighting will also be a limiting factor.

Maybe the new Ducky Shine  ? I'm not sure if it uses USB though.
WASD 104 work
WASD 104 home
WASD 104 [not my style]
Filco MJ2 Ninja 87 [sold]

Offline Virro

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 16 October 2011, 06:15:19 »
Do you have any experience with the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate by any chance enoy21?

Yea i know the Nordic thing is a pain in the ass to say the least, and while I type in english 90% of the time, its still a thing that I need :/

Offline enoy21

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 16 October 2011, 06:25:42 »
I personally don't.   A friend of mine does and he loves it. It's very popular here in the states as an introduction into mechanical at $70 without the backlights and as a mechanical gaming board.   There have been some quality issues with it but I'm not sure if they are limited to a certain batch or what.

Truthfully though , going from a Logitech to any mechanical is going to be a nice upgrade.
WASD 104 work
WASD 104 home
WASD 104 [not my style]

Offline Virro

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 16 October 2011, 06:33:58 »
Yea you know what, I´m gonna get the BlackWidow Ultimate.
It does have the Nordic Layout and I can always open the package like a ninja and in case I just cant get used to the sound or whatever, I will send it right back!

Thank you for the help!

Offline enoy21

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 16 October 2011, 06:57:51 »
I don't think you will have any issue with the sound. It's louder, but most mechanicals are when coming from domes and bottoming out on every stroke. It's just the pitch of the sound.  I personally prefer browns now that I've tried both, but I think you will be happy with your purchase based on your requirements.

Report back your thoughts once you have it and good luck dodging the keyboard "bug"
WASD 104 work
WASD 104 home
WASD 104 [not my style]