Author Topic: Caps Lock and Scroll Lock Modded for Leopolds  (Read 2741 times)

Offline TheProfosist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Custom Layouts Only!
Caps Lock and Scroll Lock Modded for Leopolds
« on: Mon, 24 October 2011, 08:49:50 »
A friend was looking for windowed keys for his Leopold and I offered my services to mod keys to have LED windows.

The price for a set of Caps Lock and Scroll Lock it is $12.50 shipped (within the continental US. I will ship worldwide for an additional cost). An additional set is $10.00. If you would like your set to come with the o-ring mod it is an additional $1.00 per set (one o-ring per stem). I order the keys from WASD Keyboards and will make them in any color they offer. Also if you would rather send my your keys and have me mod it instead I can. For o-rings I use the 50A durometer Nitrile ones from WASD Keyboards. If you have any questions please ask.

I will wait to order the keys from WASD Keyboards until I have a total of 4 Caps Lock and Scroll Lock orders. The reason behind this is that you need a $10 order in order to qualify for free shipping. If you would not like to wait shipping from WASD is $1.50.

If you would like your Spacebar modded along with your Caps Lock and Scroll Lock it is an additional $10.00. To speed up the process of getting the keys orders of Spacebars and Caps Lock/Scroll Lock will be combined to meet the free shipping requirement of $10.

Pictures are below of my extra key I tested on (its not as bright as the camera makes it look. its a ton nicer than if you just put a hole in the key) and the upgraded jig:

« Last Edit: Fri, 28 October 2011, 07:06:34 by TheProfosist »

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 24 October 2011, 09:04:05 »
Anyway you can mod a stepped caps lock to fit a Filco/Leopold/Poker etc.
Keyboardless

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 24 October 2011, 09:12:49 »
Quote from: tsangan;437920
Anyway you can mod a stepped caps lock to fit a Filco/Leopold/Poker etc.
Looks like its possible, though I have never done it because I haven't needed to. I would have to take the existing stem out of the stepped caps lock to make it work.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 28 October 2011, 06:48:28 »
I recently added more jigs so that I can get more orders out quicker.

Also if you want a Caps Lock and Scroll Lock but dont want to wait for other people to order you can pay the shipping from WASD which is $1.50
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 October 2011, 07:08:01 by TheProfosist »

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 31 October 2011, 09:07:55 »
I have ordered a blank black Caps Lock and Scroll Lock as well a blank white Caps Lock and Scroll Lock and will be doing the mod on them so you can better see what its going to look like.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 02 January 2012, 02:37:48 »
I have done the mod and well it didnt turn out as well as hoped, so I no longer plan to offer it.