Author Topic: Your best computer-related investment?  (Read 26191 times)

Offline Ekaros

Your best computer-related investment?
« on: Sun, 30 October 2011, 05:46:07 »
So, I don't know or care to look if this already exist...

What is your best computer investment, in sense of pleasure and enjoyment.

For me the other is Filco with Browns, obvious reasons for everyone here, still my favorite board.

And the other is my Lenovo L220x display, nice M-PVA 22" and 1920x1200 resolution. Sadly those aren't made anymore :(
So I should add something useless here yes? Ok, ok...
Filco 105-key NKRO MX Browns Sw/Fi-layout|IBM Model M 1394545 Lexmark 102-key Finnish-layout 1994-03-22|Cherry G80-3000LQCDE-2 with MX CLEAR
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dell AT102W(105-key SF) (Black ALPS)|Steelseries Steelkeys 6G(MX Black) ISO-FI-layout|Cherry G84-4400 G84-4700 Cherry MLs

Offline Lanx

« Reply #1 on: Sun, 30 October 2011, 07:38:28 »
has to be the combination of $500 ergohuman chair and three ergotron arms 2 monitor 1keyboard, i guess 3 used kinesis as well, but they could be better (and will be).

Offline N8N

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 30 October 2011, 08:55:37 »
I dunno, I definitely think it's all about the monitor and peripherals though; they tend to be more important to the user experience than the CPU itself.  I'd say it's a tie between my nice big monitor and my Filco just because I haven't found a 100% perfect mouse yet.
Filco Majestouch-2 with Cherry Corp. doubleshot keys - Leopold Tenkeyless Tactile Force with Wyse doubleshots - Silicon Graphics 9500900 - WASD V1 - IBM Model M 52G9658 - Noppoo Choc Pro with Cherry lasered PBT keycaps - Wyse 900866-01 - Cherry G80-8200LPBUS/07 - Dell AT101W - several Cherry G81s (future doubleshot donors) (order of current preference) (dang I have too many keyboards, I really only need two)

Offline Bilbin

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 30 October 2011, 09:37:17 »
2233RZ 120Hz monitor.
Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Blues - Razer Abyssus - PureTrak Talent

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 30 October 2011, 10:18:03 »
I bought a collector's edition of Battlefield 2142 a long time ago and it came with a Battlefield 2142 headset. I've been using it as a microphone for the longest time, I just wear the headset around my neck because it kills to wear it around my ears but the microphone is pretty good quality for something I got free.
Layout: Colemak
Fastest typing speed: 131 WPM on typeracer, 136 WPM on 10fastfingers.
Daily driver: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown with ergonomically weighted, lubed springs.
Ergo keyboards: Truly Ergonomic, Kinesis Advantage, Ergodox

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 30 October 2011, 10:45:29 »
Probably Duke Nukem 3d back then, never played a game that much again...

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 30 October 2011, 12:43:10 »
27" >HD monitor. I had 1920x1440 "hi rez" monitors about 10 years ago. CRTs are amazing like that. The 1920x1080 gimped resolution doesn't do it for me, and the 2 30" I own are a bit too big. 27" is just right. Now, if they would just come out with a 27" Cintiq like the 24" one that just announced, I'd be a happy dude.

Offline Demofly

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 30 October 2011, 17:02:13 »
The biggest and best computer investment I ever made was I bought a Q6600 and 8800GT when they were released. I got like 7 years outta those thangs.
i5 2300 - 7870Ghz - 8GB DDR3-1600 - 21.5" Acer 1080p
HPE 87 MX Brown + Ducky PBT (purchased from Flip!) | Ducky 1087XM Xiang Min Black ALPS clones.

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 30 October 2011, 17:28:41 »
Hmmm, Q6600 came out in Jan 2007... That's coming up on 5 years.  8800GT on Oct 2007, that's 4 years.  I also have one of each of those (in different machines) and they are quite nice for the price I paid, but I made a point of not buying them anywhere near the release date.  Considering the Q6600 is running my server for both business and personal use it's probably the better of the hardware investments I've made.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline iindigo

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 30 October 2011, 17:43:34 »
One of the best is definitely my Wacom Intuos3 9x12 drawing tablet. It costed $300+ when I bought it, but damn was it worth it. I've had it for about 6 years now and it still works as well as the day I bought it... great piece of hardware.

The other is my 27" iMac, mainly for its display (but its hardware is nice too). 2560x1440 is such a great resolution to work at and its pixel density is awesome too. I'll never drop down to a smaller monitor again.

Offline EverythingIBM

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 30 October 2011, 19:04:19 »
Probably the best monetary investment was the IBM server I got with 16GB RAM, two xeons, and four HDDs for $500.
Yeah, but I don't use it a whole lot.

In terms of pleasure and enjoyment; most of that equipment was all free. Everyone who sees my beige '86 model M thinks it's a piece of crap, along with the other good stuff.
It was all neglected and heading out for the dump in one form or another.
But I always clean it up and take good care of it all.
Humans are so wasteful. Value shouldn't be judged through the eye of the beholder, but for what the item actually is and does.
Keyboards: '86 M, M5-2, M13, SSK, F AT, F XT

Offline TacticalCoder

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 30 October 2011, 20:02:19 »
Quote from: laffindude;442274
I had 1920x1440 "hi rez" monitors about 10 years ago. CRTs are amazing like that.

Amazing if you could live with the geometric distortion, the flicker (which is, to some people with good eyesight, very noticeable, even at high refresh rate), if you liked the fact that old CRTs were all analogs and if you didn't mind screen-burning (aka "screen afterimage").  Not to mention that they did "age" and gave worse and worse quality over time (but, granted, the colors were good).

I was shelling big $$$ for Sony Trinitron CRTs back when I was working in the pre-press industry but I jumped ship as soon as 20" flat panels with DVI output came out and never looked back.

Old keyboards: yes.  Old analog CRTs: no way : )
HHKB Pro JP (daily driver) -- HHKB Pro 2 -- Industrial IBM Model M 1395240-- NIB Cherry MX 5000 - IBM Model M 1391412 (Swiss QWERTZ) -- IBM Model M 1391403 (German QWERTZ) * 2 -- IBM Model M Ambra -- Black IBM Model M M13 -- IBM Model M 1391401 -- IBM Model M 139? ? ? *2 -- Dell AT102W -- Ergo (split) SmartBoard (white ALPS apparently)

Offline HeavyArms

• "Lit"
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 30 October 2011, 20:51:01 »
My keyboard, I know this may sound kind of cliche but it truly has provided a luxury that I am very thankful for.
Head in the clouds.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 30 October 2011, 21:51:13 »
You mentioned all my dislikes about CRT. I wouldn't go back either, but LCD has many faults as well. I still see ghosting, have burn in, ****ty colors, laughable black levels, laaaaaag.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 30 October 2011, 22:17:45 »
Weight and space alone are enough for me to be grateful the CRT days are over.  The guys who handle color correction where I work still use them though.

Offline Fobbah

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 31 October 2011, 01:20:12 »
Quote from: iindigo;442392
One of the best is definitely my Wacom Intuos3 9x12 drawing tablet. It costed $300+ when I bought it, but damn was it worth it. I've had it for about 6 years now and it still works as well as the day I bought it... great piece of hardware.

The other is my 27" iMac, mainly for its display (but its hardware is nice too). 2560x1440 is such a great resolution to work at and its pixel density is awesome too. I'll never drop down to a smaller monitor again.

Agreed on the wacom being a good buy, I only have a bamboo (~$100) but it has proven extremely useful for taking notes. Very useful when i have to nut out some math real quick, or quite often i'll be in a skype call with other developers and sketch up some software architecture, I bring it along to university and write up my notes with it as well. The best part about using one for taking notes is that if you organise your files properly you never lose your work, whereas a disorganized guy like me working on paper winds up with 30 piles of paper that just get thrown out XD.

Being able to draw in photoshop with it or play OSU with a wacom is a nice fun side benefit when I have the time :)
I would definitely consider buying a higher end model when I have the cash.

However my best investment was definitely picking up the stripped cabinet for this bad boy for $40:

Sure, i pumped about another $500-600 into building the thing, but the cabinet was damn cheap.

Offline Hydroid

• http://justin.tv/hydr0id
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 31 October 2011, 04:38:53 »
I too would say the best computer related investment I made has got to be my Wacom Bamboo Fun. I bought it when I was 15 with birthday money and have never looked back. While I might not use mine every day I do use it a lot and it has helped my casual hobby of being a photoshop user since I was 12. I used to edit car pictures and make them look like they were all tricked out.

For example taking a picture like this:

and turning it into this:

Note, that wasn't one of mine, but I started off using photoshop trying to do things like that and I learned a lot of stuff. And while I don't do that kinda stuff anymore I do use it for the occasional web design or graphics project and I'm very happy that I have it every time I use it.
Intel Core i7 870 @ 2.93GHz | Corsair H50 | 16GB G.Skill DDR3 | Asus P7P55D-E Pro | Galaxy nVidia GeForce GTX 460 SLI
OCZ 60GB SSD | 2x 1TB Seagate Barracuda RAID-0 | Samsung Blu-Ray Burner | Corsair HX-850W | 2x BenQ G2420HD 24"

Leopold FC200R Tenkeyless Blue | Ducky DK9008(B) Blue | Qsenn DT-35 Black PS/2 Rubber Dome |2x Razer Lycosa USB | Microsoft 500 PS/2

Help me support and grow e-sports below!!!
What Happens in Starcraft -- Vlogs -- Twitter

Offline NamelessPFG

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 31 October 2011, 12:14:46 »
They have their quirks, but the last two FD Trinitron G1 monitors I've bought (21", can handle 1600x1200 at 95 Hz) serve me well for things that cost me $6 and $10. I can't be bothered to pay several times those prices for LCDs that still have some tradeoffs, though if one of you is willing to give me a 30" 2560x1600 IPS monitor just to get me to switch, I'll take it. (24" 1920x1200 IPS would be fine too, but no lower than that.)

As a work tool, I suppose my best computer-related investment is my HP 2730p. AFFS+ LCD, Wacom Penabled, lasts quite a while on battery (especially with a slice battery), and this one had the extra perk of having an Intel X18-M 80 GB already installed. The only big drawback would be the Intel GMA 4500MHD, but with convertibles like this, I don't have much choice.

But why is it such a good investment over my past two convertibles? I'd say it's a combination of the screen, the battery life, the light weight (for a convertible), and generally being free of paper notebooks. Can't stand working with paper for note-taking, but I still need a pen for math.

For something more recreational...hard to say. It could be my highly-modified Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar + RCS pedal setup that I've had for several years, but I'd give all of that up if I had to lose my TrackIR 4 Pro otherwise. It could also be my vintage Stax Lambda setup (which is computer-related in that it stays tethered to my desktop), but I need more than a month to pass proper judgment on that.

Offline Lanx

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 31 October 2011, 13:44:26 »
i guess this is where being colorblind is cool, i really don't care for crt, tube anything anymore. but i have lots of ppl come over and go, your colors look off, then i bought a pantone thing and have only computer profiles and they stop complaining, don't know how to calibrate my projector tho, it's sad lol the only way to calibrate my projector is with THX. THX dvd's come with a calibration, you wear special glasses (they're like cardboard) i couldn't see the special images, so like my fiance' had to calibrate it.

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 31 October 2011, 14:58:53 »
My pr0n collection.

Anyone who says otherwise is lying or female.

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 31 October 2011, 15:12:16 »
Time can also be considered an investment...
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 31 October 2011, 15:18:08 »
bandwidth
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 31 October 2011, 15:19:16 »
Door locks (if still living with parents), a good pair of headphones...

But think of all the money you're saving without a GF!

Offline jpc

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 31 October 2011, 16:14:32 »
CS/EE degree

RSI prevention recipe:[/B] Kinesis Contoured, Colemak layout, touch typing, Contour Design Rollermouse,  Logitech TrackMan Wheel, Logitech m570 trackball, "workrave" break timer software, "awesome" window manager, tenkeyless boards, cherry browns, Wang 724 with "ghetto green" ALPS, standing desk and/or comfy adjustable chairs, stress reduction, computer time reduction.

Fun non-ergonomic things: bolt modded Model M Space Saving Keyboards with new springs, Kensington Expert Mouse v7, Unicomp Endurapro, Northgates

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 31 October 2011, 16:17:15 »
Quote from: jpc;442877
CS/EE degree

Does Communications count? ;D
Filco 105-key NKRO MX Browns Sw/Fi-layout|IBM Model M 1394545 Lexmark 102-key Finnish-layout 1994-03-22|Cherry G80-3000LQCDE-2 with MX CLEAR
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dell AT102W(105-key SF) (Black ALPS)|Steelseries Steelkeys 6G(MX Black) ISO-FI-layout|Cherry G84-4400 G84-4700 Cherry MLs

woody

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 31 October 2011, 17:14:29 »
Quote from: jpc;442877
CS/EE degree
Is this some new Enhanced Edition of the classic Counter-Strike?

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 31 October 2011, 17:34:03 »
Yeah, that 3k€ of loan which I have used 1k€ of is killing me ;D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline jpc

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 31 October 2011, 21:40:20 »
Quote from: ripster;442913
You sure about that?

Yes. I graduated with no loans and a few bucks left over, from a part-time job senior year. That was Silicon Valley before the bubble popped. Whee :biggrin:

For young people today in post-Hope America, a science/tech/engineering/math education is one of the few ways left to get into a good career so you can pay off the loans.

My brother just got his Master's degree in drama and stage acting. God help him.
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 October 2011, 21:42:22 by jpc »

RSI prevention recipe:[/B] Kinesis Contoured, Colemak layout, touch typing, Contour Design Rollermouse,  Logitech TrackMan Wheel, Logitech m570 trackball, "workrave" break timer software, "awesome" window manager, tenkeyless boards, cherry browns, Wang 724 with "ghetto green" ALPS, standing desk and/or comfy adjustable chairs, stress reduction, computer time reduction.

Fun non-ergonomic things: bolt modded Model M Space Saving Keyboards with new springs, Kensington Expert Mouse v7, Unicomp Endurapro, Northgates

Offline Oqsy

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 31 October 2011, 22:23:47 »
Quote from: Ekaros;442173
What is your best computer investment, in sense of pleasure and enjoyment?

My desktop. Still running strong.
[sigpic]Currently in use: Rosewill RK9000 and CH DT225[/sigpic]
"Private misfortunes make for public welfare."

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
  • Still around, sometimes.
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 01 November 2011, 00:22:00 »
Quote from: jpc;443054
Yes. I graduated with no loans and a few bucks left over, from a part-time job senior year. That was Silicon Valley before the bubble popped. Whee :biggrin:

For young people today in post-Hope America, a science/tech/engineering/math education is one of the few ways left to get into a good career so you can pay off the loans.

My brother just got his Master's degree in drama and stage acting. God help him.
I guess I have a good plan then! I know a couple kids who are going to end up like your brother though.
As not to threadcrap, I'm going to say that recently it's my Logitech X-530s, though prior to that it was probably my first desktop, which I got off my sister's friend for $50. Wasn't particularly good, but it got me interested in computer hardware, and later computer programming.
Risen from the dead for a model F.

Wyse buy colors were GSY for the dark grey, GBA for the light grey, and BBI for the fonts.

Offline jpc

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 01 November 2011, 08:06:38 »
Okay, I'll post on topic too.

I built an 800Mhz "thunderbird" Athlon for my same brother in August of 2000, back when those were about the fastest CPUs that anyone had seen. He used it for a year and turned it back over to me. That box ran quietly and reliably for ten years.

Offline wmtx

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 01 November 2011, 13:02:35 »
My Intel X25 SSDs.

Offline Balgrog

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 21 November 2011, 15:07:41 »
Probably my computer chair and desk. When I moved into a apartment 2 years ago, then tenant left his computer chair. Best chair I have ever had. My desk was my school desk growing up, and I love it to death. There is a shelf under it and I put my feet there sometimes, and lots of other nice stuff! Computer-wise, I <3 my samsung syncmaster. Makes everything look so pretty.

Offline JimBobMorris

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 28 November 2011, 10:25:36 »
Gonna have to say my 128GB M4 SSD and my Logitech MX400 laser mouse. It's the only mouse i've used on my home computers for almost 6 years and it's still going strong.
Leopold TKL Black w/ Cherry MX Blues | Deck 82 (Ice) w/ Cherry MX Blacks

Offline Dox

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 28 November 2011, 16:35:40 »
I can't live without my U2711.
ErgoDox x2 | DoxKB x2 |   IBM SSK   | HHKB pro2

Offline Gerk

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 28 November 2011, 17:27:56 »
Nec 3090 ftw.
Rosewill RK-9000RE (reds) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (browns) | Leopold TKL (browns) | F21-7D "Mechanical Keyboard" (Blue Alps) | Filco Majestouch TKL (blues) | Goldtouch V2 x 2 | Matias Ergo Pro x 2 | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (browns) | Kinesis Freestyle Edge (reds)

Offline nar

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 28 November 2011, 23:10:17 »
My LG P300 laptop. Thin and Light Enough that I can bring it anywhere. Powerful enough that it's all I need to bring to do anything. And with enough battery life to let me take notes during the longest of my continuous blocks of lectures.

There's nothing like a professor referencing something you learned 3 years ago and being able to type that into a search box and instantly having your notes from 3 years ago available right there while the prof is talking about it in the lecture.
Keyboards: Topre HE0100 | REALFORCE 103UB & 104UB-DK | FILCO Majestouch 2 Ai Cherry MX Blue | CHERRY G84-4101SPAUS

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 28 November 2011, 23:22:30 »
Oh man this is a good one, My first great investment was my ibook g4. Since then I have had 4 good investments that I use all the time.
-13" MBP
-SSD
-Timbuk2 bag
-Filco tkl

They have all been doing a great job getting me through school
"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 28 November 2011, 23:59:15 »
Probably my ClickClack keys and my doubleshot Cherry Corp esc key.

They appreciate in value every time I breathe ;)

Offline NimbleRabit

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 29 November 2011, 10:55:31 »
Definitely my computer desk.  I was using desks way too high for a long time and finally got (well, made) a desk that was low enough for proper posture at the computer.  This has had by far the most significant impact on my comfort out of every investment I've made.

As far as internals go, the Q6600 was a surprisingly good investment.  That thing is still going strong and I expect to be using it for a while longer.

Some others that come to mind:
My speakers (Swan D1080).   These things not only sound great, but they are absolutely gorgeous.  Couldn't be happier with this purchase.
Trackball (CST L-Trac).  Using this at work made all my wrist/hand pain go away almost immediately, and since I don't game at work there's no downside.
Mechanical keyboards of course (Leopold).  I'll never be going back, and I plan on using the ones I now have for years to come.

For fun, here are some of my worst computer-related investments:
Razer Deathadder
Sennheiser PC151
Every keyboard I had previously

Offline Fast_Fingers

« Reply #40 on: Sun, 01 January 2012, 15:13:24 »
Probably spending a little more to get a Corsair PSU (650TX). I don't have to worry about anything exploding. I should've spent more for modular though.

Second place would be the Ikea Galant desk. It's at a perfect height, accommodates LCD clamps for arms from Monoprice, and the little storage cabinet is the perfect height (and a great surface) for a mouse. I do need a better chair one day though...maybe a Steelcase on ebay or a used office furniture store.

Third place is my Unicomp Spacesaver. Dealing with reports is significantly less irritating.

Offline ClackFactory

• * Maker
  • finger crosser
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 01 January 2012, 15:23:52 »
Your best computer related investment-

Tons of keyboards, Duh! J/K I don't know if that's the best or worst investment so far. LoL  =P

I would easily say my Cintiq 21 UX, hands down.

The computer I built with the help from geek hack members would be the second best investment. fo sho   =)
Thanks again for that one guys.
A.K.A. "clickclack"   Vendor link ->Clack Factory   I've done so much with so little for so long, that I can do almost anything with nothing at all

Offline clickclack

• * Maker
  • Board Chow EXTRAORDINAIRE
« Reply #42 on: Sun, 01 January 2012, 15:24:55 »
Your best computer related investment-

Tons of keyboards, Duh! J/K I don't know if that's the best or worst investment so far. LoL  =P

I would easily say my Cintiq 21 UX, hands down.

The computer I built with the help from geek hack members would be the second best investment. fo sho   =)
Thanks again for that one guys.
862+ keyboards and counting!   R.I.P.ster          Vendor link ->Clack Factory

Offline kaen

« Reply #43 on: Sun, 01 January 2012, 15:37:12 »
A good solid swivel chair should not be overlooked, no idea what brand mine is but it is built like a tank, has lasted me the best part of a decade and i'm no waif.

I've been using nothing but Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 mice since they first came out, bloody marvelous. Alas this year i've been replacing most of my office and I decided to jump for a steelseries sensei instead, but my statement still stands.

Altec Lansing desktop speakers, i've had two sets from this company in 10 years, they are cheap, loud and durable. Do the job.

Corsair, fill your computer with their products, very high quality components all round.

Offline jellowiggler

« Reply #44 on: Sun, 01 January 2012, 18:44:06 »
My sata 3, synchronous mem SSD.  Doesn't matter which one you chose, just hit those two points and you will be happy.

Also, my mechanical keyboards and mx518 mouse. High quality kb and mouse affect everything you touch and do with your pc.

Good quality monitor. Don't skimp. You will have a monitor for a few systems, not just one.

My cosair power supply txv2 power supply. Feed your computer good power. It will love you. ( I even have an APC ups as well)

I agree that the Cosair name is one of the best. They stand by their products. I was very disappointed in the k60 and k90 mechanical keyboards though. (They aren't fully mechanical, they mix cherry mx red switches with rubber membrane keys. Boooo!)
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 January 2012, 02:42:01 by jellowiggler »
Mike -jellowiggler-
Filco MJ2 Tenkeyless / Rosewill RK-9000 / IBM Model M 1391401 / Logitech DiNovo Edge / MS Sidewinder X4

Offline Pylon

« Reply #45 on: Mon, 02 January 2012, 09:27:31 »
I'd say my Dell Latitude E6410 laptop. It was $480 refurb'd with a great keyboard, great design, and magnesium alloy chassis. The Core i5-520M is an absolute night and day difference over the 9-year old 1.7GHz Pentium 4 machine I was using earlier.

fossala

« Reply #46 on: Mon, 02 January 2012, 09:39:07 »
Switching my house to thin clients (LTSP). Saves time and money.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 02 January 2012, 11:20:41 »
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 06:30:42 by davkol »

Offline mr_a500

« Reply #48 on: Mon, 02 January 2012, 12:00:20 »
 :blank:
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 July 2018, 09:19:35 by mr_a500 »

Offline tomten_alle

« Reply #49 on: Sun, 08 January 2012, 07:31:51 »
I`d say the best investment I have made is my 2010 13" MacBook Pro. I am planing to using it for at least 3 more years. Hopefully it doesn`t break.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]