Author Topic: Metallic Blue Filco Majestouch-2 w/ Cherry MX BROWN switches  (Read 3171 times)

Offline AgentZen

• Trade Count: (0)
Metallic Blue Filco Majestouch-2 w/ Cherry MX BROWN switches
« on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 16:08:56 »
TRADE OFFERS WELCOMED!!  PLEASE PM OFFERS.  Especially interested in Keys that will fit a Filco, and all different boards (topre, and Cherry red, black, clear). Also open to trades that involve + or - cash (trade does not have to be equal value)
[/SIZE]

I'm considering this board to have $160 of trade value,

I ordered this on a whim.. It's a Limited Edition Metallic Blue Filco Majestouch-2 w/ Cherry MX BROWNS. It was delivered to me this past Saturday and was used for less than an hour. After a short period of time with this board, I tried some blue switches and realized that I like them a lot better better.

« Last Edit: Mon, 07 November 2011, 15:21:52 by brsp25 »
KUL ES-87 w/ Clears (GMK Hyperfuse) | Working on: Custom 60% w/ 65g feelios (BSP blanks)

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 16:16:38 »
Quote from: brsp25;446855
I could return this to the place that I bought it for full refund
I suggest you do that then
Keyboardless

fossala

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 16:16:53 »
Cover his investment plus his "luxury" shipping.

Offline godofdeath

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 16:23:56 »
return it plz

Offline insilica

• Keyboard Geeza
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 November 2011, 16:31:29 by insilica »
FreeBSD :: Gentoo :: Arch :: [Project Roswell] :: U2410 Eyefinity :: WC P280 :: 3930K [C2] (4.5GHz)
ASUS Maximus IV :: 64GB Vengeance :: MSI 7970 xFire ::  Seasonic 1KW :: M4 256GB

REALFORCE 87U Silent (Variable) | Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja TKL (Brown) | FC660C

Offline RColinTaylor

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 16:41:15 »
Please, for all that is good in the world, just return it and stop making pointless threads trying to trick Geekhackers into wasting money.
I like my Browns more than my Blues.

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 16:59:38 »
The point being that the dude from New Zealand (as long as he's not entirely new here) probably knows he could get any of a  number of people here to proxy a board from Amazon without tacking on one day shipping if he was willing to pay full price and all the fees.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline RenoFox

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 20:16:07 »
lol That's a bit more then I was expecting, I think you're better off refunding it, sorry for the inconvenience. xD

Offline AgentZen

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 20:32:30 »
This was originally in response to someone in the first thread that felt the need to harass me and trash my classified ad, but it seems like it would fit here too.

He can't get all his money back, that's the point. His one day shipping is what ran the price so high to begin with. Now he's wishing to sell this keyboard at full price + the one day shipping fee HE paid + new shipping to wherever.

Given, he has the right to sell it at whatever price he wishes, but to phrase it like he's helping someone out, oh please. What it looks me at least is that he's trying to recoup his entire cost, and simply returning the item would not fulfill that. That is the problem I have with this, not because of how he priced it.
       You couldn't be more wrong, but thanks again for sharing. I've explained myself to you multiple times and I've had no obligation to do so, except to protect my own identity here through the personal attacks you and the rest the users that ganged up on me decided to dish out. I'm going to explain myself one more time, except this time I'll do it from the keyboard and not my phone so I can hopefully do a better job of spelling things out for you. After this, I have to get back to reality as I'm on the clock at work and I don't like to spend a ton of time on people who are so bent on bad mouthing me that they can't get their head straight enough to fit some reason and logic into their opinions. I hope you find this explanation sufficient enough to satisfy you.

I've been on this website for about 3 days I think, I'm still finding my way around and getting a feel for things. Not only am I new here, but I'm new to mechanical keyboards. I don't know how limited of a limited edition this keyboard is; I don't know its value in other countries, or even it's availability. I don't know how long it's been on the market, I don't even know its availability in my own country. I really am clueless about all that, I admit it 100%, so if you feel the price of the keyboard is too high, maybe it is. I've never said it wasn't. When dealing with buying and selling with individuals online, I will always welcome negotiations, offers, questions, concerns, all with an open mind. The world is a diverse place and I've dealt with all sorts of people who have their own way about approaching a deal and managing it..

Your concern is that I'm trying to recoup the entire sum of money I've spend on this keyboard. Well, its true, you got me, that's exactly what I'm doing.

As of this morning, I had every intention of returning this keyboard for a refund and stated so in one of my other threads. Not long after, I saw RenoFox's comment in that same thread where he expressed interest in possibly buying the keyboard off me instead of me having to return it. In the same sentence, he mentioned that it's so hard for him to get decent stuff in New Zealand. Clear so far?

Now Renofox didn't seem over enthusiastic, and he hasn't expressed any more interest than he already did, so a little light bulb went off in my head, and I realized that I have 30 days from the date of purchase to get a refund on the keyboard; in the meantime, I could list it here on geekhack for free, advertise to people all over the world; some of whom may be interested in this keyboard because they're unable to find it in their area.

So obviously I had to decide on a price, and I did. Clearly it wouldn't be in my interest to list it at the same price I bought it as there are added costs for selling items, especially overseas. If the item sells outside of the US I'll have to take time out of work to go to the post office myself, fill out customs forms, get it insured, and worry about tracking and making sure the buyer isn't someone who is likely to rip me off and try and get his money back from paypal after he gets the item. Even more so, there are paypal fees, which is 4%, it may even be more for international payments, but I'm not sure. That's how I was able to come to a price. I'm in a unique situation where I can very well click a button, print a free shipping label and collect the refund in my bank account in a few days hassle free. So clearly now I'm not going to sell the item to someone just to spread Filco love if it means I'm lose more money on my purchase then I would a store refund.

So where does that bring us in this gigantic waste of time... hmm.

Is the price high? I don't know. I don't know because I didn't find any other limited edition metallic blue Filco Keyboards with Cherry browns listed in the classifieds here. I don't know how much they sell for in other countries, I don't even know if anyone is going to be interested enough to click the link; but I know enough to know that if I start the price as low as possible, I'm shooting myself in the foot and have no room to negotiate with potential buyers and stand to look bad to potential buyers (who are almost always thrilled to be able to talk a few bucks off a seller, and like I've said, I welcome that.)

If you're still offended then there is really nothing more I can say. I'm sorry that you find it offensive that I attempted to seize the moment, but opportunity makes the world spin: I have an opportunity to make a few bucks, and someone on a different side of the world from me can get the keyboard that not only will enhance their time spent at the computer, but also make them feel like they've got a unique Filco board they can show off to friends.

I know you're probably a good person but I don't deserve to be treated like an enemy. I'll always try to be one the most caring, considerate people you'll meet, and I hope you can get to know me better, and I you.

Brad

Edit: I don't know if I've rattled the cage or violated some unspoken rule by pricing my item too high, but I apologize if I did. I had no intention of ripping anybody off, its just how I do business I suppose. If the market isn't there, I lower the price until it is. At this point it just seems that no matter what my ads are going to get gratified so I'll leave this post up a bit so hopefully some of you can see where I was coming from and then I'll take it down. Dealing with this **** isn't worth the few dollars and hassle.
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 November 2011, 20:41:13 by brsp25 »
KUL ES-87 w/ Clears (GMK Hyperfuse) | Working on: Custom 60% w/ 65g feelios (BSP blanks)

Offline RenoFox

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 20:48:41 »
@ ripster : sadly it's not brown switches haha. but wow I just realized that they do ship to NZ AND the price is lower then stated on the website due to the removal of the Aus tax!
My god I'm 1 picky as, pedantic guy... I've spent like over 30 hours just researching and figuring out what I want xD
I know I want Filco, I know I want Brown switches, now I just need to figure how how much I'm willing to pay and what case I want.

holy crap it still costs $40 to ship from Aus to NZ, wtf?!
lol I'ma just get a Ducky from PCHome where the price of shipping is less then the keyboard ;D

Offline AgentZen

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 20:59:57 »
Quote from: RenoFox;447014
@ ripster : sadly it's not brown switches haha. but wow I just realized that they do ship to NZ AND the price is lower then stated on the website due to the removal of the Aus tax!
My god I'm 1 picky as, pedantic guy... I've spent like over 30 hours just researching and figuring out what I want xD
I know I want Filco, I know I want Brown switches, now I just need to figure how how much I'm willing to pay and what case I want.

holy crap it still costs $40 to ship from Aus to NZ, wtf?!
lol I'ma just get a Ducky from PCHome where the price of shipping is less then the keyboard ;D

Yea I was just writing to say thanks for sticking up for the free market man!

Offline AgentZen

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 21:08:17 »
Quote from: ripster;447026
N.P. I just posted my **** Occupy Wall Street post in my subforum.  It's AMERICA.  Not Canada.

Plus many Geekhackers seem to have a problem with math.  Or geography.  New Zealand is not in New Jersey.
Takes all kinds to make the world go round I 'spose. Even the ignorant; I figure they're there to remind us to never stop learning and keep on truckin.

Offline godofdeath

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 21:09:38 »
LOLOLOL
price lowered to 185 ok...

lower it to 160 shipped and someone will buy

Offline RenoFox

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 21:15:14 »
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 31130[/ATTACH]
godofdeath just walk away.
I'm not sure if you understand, if something in the market place doesn't interest you, you don't cry about it you just don't buy it. I don't get how that's hard to get.

Offline AgentZen

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 21:19:13 »
Quote from: godofdeath;447034
LOLOLOL
price lowered to 185 ok...

lower it to 160 shipped and someone will buy
r u serios
lolo

Offline Bongoojingie

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 21:36:11 »
GLWS!  Living in Delaware without sales tax/customs fees spoils me.  Hope you can find a home with somebody not so lucky ;)
Realforce 87U Black Uniform 30g | Filco TKL Black Ergo Clear | Filco TKL White Ergo Clear | Filco TKL Linear R Limited | Custom Dell AT102W w/ White ALPS | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | TypeNow Solid Blues | SteelSeries 7G

Offline AgentZen

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 21:39:04 »
Quote from: Bongoojingie;447048
GLWS!  Living in Delaware without sales tax/customs fees spoils me.  Hope you can find a home with somebody not so lucky ;)

Hey I'm in Philadelphia, I know only little of your tax free life in Delaware but I its certainly saved me $$ on my TVs! :wave:

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 21:58:01 »
whats wrong with the price? I bought a clickclack key for $9 and sold it for $35
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline Zoop

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 22:08:42 »
Seriously I don't know where all the hate is coming from either.  If he's out of his mind with that price then just ignore it and let the thread die, don't **** all over it or attack him for it.

But stop making more and more threads, lol

Offline AgentZen

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 22:17:10 »
Quote from: Zoop;447065
Seriously I don't know where all the hate is coming from either.  If he's out of his mind with that price then just ignore it and let the thread die, don't **** all over it or attack him for it.

But stop making more and more threads, lol
Oh come on lol.

I HAD to make two threads. The first one was accidentally titled with MX blue switches when they're actually browns. I don't have the ability to edit titles. The other thread is closed anyway. Did I make more threads than I think I did or something?

Offline Zoop

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 22:20:27 »
I didn't realize you accidentally misnamed your first one, I suppose making a second thread advertising the thing you're actually selling is a valid excuse

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 23:03:54 »
Quote from: brsp25;447068
Oh come on lol.

I HAD to make two threads. The first one was accidentally titled with MX blue switches when they're actually browns. I don't have the ability to edit titles. The other thread is closed anyway. Did I make more threads than I think I did or something?

If you use the "go advance" button, it will open up more options and one of them is to update the thread title. Probably to late for this info now but for future reference.

I update my titles all the time for my for sale items...
REALFORCE|FILCO|HHKB|KBC POKER X|LEOPOLD|CM STORM|SIIG (GHSS)|IBM SSK

Offline AgentZen

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 07 November 2011, 00:10:02 »
Quote from: jpm804;447091
If you use the "go advance" button, it will open up more options and one of them is to update the thread title. Probably to late for this info now but for future reference.

I update my titles all the time for my for sale items...
Thank you! That will absolutely come in handy.

Offline AgentZen

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 07 November 2011, 15:34:15 »
I'm currently willing to consider trades of any kind, but I'm expecially looking for all types of high quality filco keycaps, also interested in all types of keyboards except cherry browns. Thanks.

Offline mOUs3y

Re: Metallic Blue Filco Majestouch-2 w/ Cherry MX BROWN switches
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 23:42:19 »
I know this is like five-years old, but you never did say if you sold it or not. It still for sale?