Author Topic: Tastaturen.com  (Read 2074 times)

Offline RFC3251

Tastaturen.com
« on: Mon, 07 November 2011, 14:32:51 »
A word of warning, avoid ordering keyboards from Tastaturen.com. I bought a keyboard from them, they sent me the wrong model, blamed it on "incorrect information from their supplier" (despite admitting it was the wrong model) and then tried to charge me the price of a new keyboard to send me the one I had ordered in the first place. When I pointed out that it was their mistake, not mine, they said they would "try to resolve the issue with their supplier" and have since been ignoring my e-mails (for nearly 1 month). I dealt directly with the owner, so this isn't just some incompetent employee, it really seems to be their policy that they'll just send you some random keyboard and keep your money.

Avoid, avoid, avoid.

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
Tastaturen.com
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 07 November 2011, 14:40:27 »
Quote from: RFC3251;447472
A word of warning, avoid ordering keyboards from Tastaturen.com. I bought a keyboard from them, they sent me the wrong model, blamed it on "incorrect information from their supplier" (despite admitting it was the wrong model) and then tried to charge me the price of a new keyboard to send me the one I had ordered in the first place. When I pointed out that it was their mistake, not mine, they said they would "try to resolve the issue with their supplier" and have since been ignoring my e-mails (for nearly 1 month). I dealt directly with the owner, so this isn't just some incompetent employee, it really seems to be their policy that they'll just send you some random keyboard and keep your money.

Avoid, avoid, avoid.

You have the right of a 14 days return, use it! And set a lawyer on it.
Buy key caps here: Round 5
Buy switches here: CherryMX

Offline wmtx

Tastaturen.com
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 07 November 2011, 14:56:09 »
Quote from: 7bit;447478
You have the right of a 14 days return, use it! And set a lawyer on it.

It depends where he lives, though. Although, if one orders from Tastaturen.com then I admit the person is likely from Germany and then the 14 days return is covered by law.

Anyway, such shops are the reason for me to mainly use Amazon. They never pulled those kind of tricks and always resolved any complaint gracefully.

Offline RFC3251

Tastaturen.com
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 08 November 2011, 11:33:01 »
Kind of hard to return something when the shop in question refuses to reply to any form of contact (phone / mail). I'm pretty sure that if I mailed the keyboard back to them they'd just sell it to someone else and keep my money. A trip to Germany to knock on their door would be kind of expensive, and a lawyer would cost me more than the price of the keyboard. I will file a complaint with the German consumer protection agency, but I don't really expect them to solve anything within a useful time frame (if at all).

Offline ZeroGraVT

Tastaturen.com
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 08 November 2011, 12:21:06 »
Can't you send it back then call your credit card company to file a charge back on your account?

Offline insilica

• Keyboard Geeza
Tastaturen.com
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 08 November 2011, 12:55:19 »
Quote from: ZeroGraVT;448041
Can't you send it back then call your credit card company to file a charge back on your account?

I would do this exactly - hurry up though, do it before the 14days...

(also let him know you are posting here and deskthority) about there despicable behavior
FreeBSD :: Gentoo :: Arch :: [Project Roswell] :: U2410 Eyefinity :: WC P280 :: 3930K [C2] (4.5GHz)
ASUS Maximus IV :: 64GB Vengeance :: MSI 7970 xFire ::  Seasonic 1KW :: M4 256GB

REALFORCE 87U Silent (Variable) | Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja TKL (Brown) | FC660C