Author Topic: Topre Realforce "Silent" keycap replacement?  (Read 3209 times)

Offline dismas

Topre Realforce "Silent" keycap replacement?
« on: Fri, 18 November 2011, 14:31:49 »
Hi all,

I would like to buy a Topre Realforce "Silent" but it's only available in black from EK. I thought I would just replace the keycaps. Would this work? Or does the silencing mechanism affect the keycaps somehow so I can't replace them? Also are there any sound samples of the silent Realforces? Thanks.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 18 November 2011, 15:15:05 »
You shouldn't have any problem switching out the keycaps.  The silencing mechanism is in the switch not the keycaps.  Just pick the color that you like.

Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline pat

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 18 November 2011, 15:26:44 »
I now have two silent 87U's, and I've replaced the keycaps on both and both still sound exactly as they did with the stock black keycaps.

Offline lawlawman

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 19 November 2011, 11:20:36 »
Quote from: dismas;455026
Hi all,

I would like to buy a Topre Realforce "Silent" but it's only available in black from EK. I thought I would just replace the keycaps. Would this work? Or does the silencing mechanism affect the keycaps somehow so I can't replace them? Also are there any sound samples of the silent Realforces? Thanks.

If I were you, I will not buy from EK. I will buy 10th anniversary edition from Leopold. EK is small enough to have no special keyboard tailor-made by Topre.