Author Topic: Choco Mini Enter and Back Space problem.  (Read 1482 times)

Offline JC_III

Choco Mini Enter and Back Space problem.
« on: Sat, 19 November 2011, 22:22:00 »
Ok so I just received my Noppoo Choc Mini.... Now I was testing it out every time I hit the Enter Key and Back Space keys kinda hard its seems like the keyboard has to reconnect itself to my Laptop. Anybody have any problems like this with their Choc Mini as well? if this keeps happening I'm just going to get a Poker.

Offline RetroHollywood

« Reply #1 on: Sun, 20 November 2011, 00:23:58 »
Sounds to me like you are hitting the keys that are on top of the controller and are knocking something loose... could be a build quality issue for the board or just a lemon in the bunch.  Does it do it for the "\" key as well?

Offline peda

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 20 November 2011, 02:57:03 »
I dont have this problem with my noppoo. Like RetroHollywood said, there might be really an internal fault, but the would only make sense of it happens also on the / key.

Give it a try and also see if it happens on different usb ports and/or other computers.

Offline JC_III

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 20 November 2011, 04:39:22 »
It seems to happen with most of the keys I press on from the middle to the right side of the board. The Backspace key I don't even have to press it hard and it does the same thing. Now I'm on a mac laptop that has windows 7 on it. I know the kb  does not work for os x but should run flawlessly in Win 7. It might be lemon or something maybe loose inside the kb itself.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 20 November 2011, 12:33:20 »
You should try it on another computer.

is there any way you can return it under warranty?

Could be an intermittent solder connection on the controller. If it's in that area, you could try to reflow the pins just in case.

Offline JC_III

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 20 November 2011, 15:09:40 »
I got it working properly. I took it apart and it seemed that the wire came loose from the KB itself seemed it wasn't seated right. The solder job looks good. Only thing now is I need different key caps. I was thinking yellow with black print and maybe a custom case like some have done to their Poker KB or maybe I'll just build my own.