Author Topic: Need Help choosing the right Mechanical Keyboard for me!  (Read 1092 times)

Offline htw00

Need Help choosing the right Mechanical Keyboard for me!
« on: Sun, 20 November 2011, 14:21:26 »
i closed the other thread because of some retareded title..

i already talked with ripster and now im curious about ur thoughts ,

first i want to apolgize for my bad english . I hope u will understand me .

I already read alot of your article .. and I'm still not sure what keyboard i should get .

Some Details for you :..

It should be as quiet as possible .. I'm a student and living on a campus . I share my room with a friend.
In the past i had a Steelseries 7G .. to be honest i was fine with it , but it was too loud so 1 night after 100 before
i woke up my roommate and he throw the keyboard out of the window because he have had this day an important exam.

I play Computer Games - semi "professional" so i spend 3-4h daily with practice.
I don't like glossy nor flamboyant/fancy keyboard. ( i have no problems with colored keycaps - To be honest i love this one : pinchocodia.tistory.com/17 ( and i would even pay 200€ for it :D)
I prefer a "long" keyboard ( with numpad) .
It shouldn't be too expensive - i would spend about 100€* but if you say this keyboard fits you the best and its worth 150€ i would buy it aswell.
It doesn't matter at all how long the shipping takes ( to germany ) . I have time and it's ok.
The keyboard layout QWERTZ , QWERTY or Blank doesn't matter at all.
I have no problem to purchase a keyboard from asia.
For me it's important to be able to buy new keycaps - that was 1 of the deficit with the SS7G .
I would also be intrested in purchasing dampers in combination with the new keyboard to keep the keyboard as quite as possible what i already mention. I would really know whats your oppinion
about this dampers , which one are the best and if they're worth the money.

some edits :

what is your oppinion abbout this ebay.com/itm/PLU-G3000-NKRO-Mechanical-Game-keyboard-Cherry-MX-RED-/290631358620?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item43aaf a989c"
in forum they say its super nice for the price and nobody complained about it. and this guy who selling them should be a member of this forum with good manners. i decided to pick a full keyboard ( not tentkeyless) with red switches . i already checked many parts of your bible and found out that u adore mx red aswell . a plus point is in your "switch matrix" from most quiet to most loud only topre, rubber domes and scissor switches are more quiet than red switches . topre switches are only in very expensive keyboards , right? rubber domes i wont buy cuz u said u ban ppl if they defend them and i dont know wahat scissor siwtches are .

so if im not wrong and ur article "geehack worldwide shopping links" is correct i have these options :
Cherry Corp G80-3494LYCUS-2. NKRO fullsize.Ebay for $167, ships from Hong Kong for $20, China. If link is dead search for seller "gameover.hk" and product code.
Ducky DK1008-RELLB (Full Size). Available at Tankguys for $110.
Filco FKBN104MR/EB2. (Full Size). Amazon/Keyboard Co. for $179.
^
yours
-------------------------------------------------------------------
PLU-G3000-NKRO Mechanical Game keyboard Cherry MX RED!! for $108.
^
mine

thanks for your fast answer and your great support

edit2: i actually felt mx black quiet "stiffy" to press...
and in the mothership guide its written that reds are the light version for gaming.

edit3: i would like to know from mb some gamers if they had experience with red switches !

edit4: the keyboard i mentioned above : does anyone have one of thesse and can say 1-2 sentence to it?

edit5: is it possible to purchase anywhere GOLDEN keycaps - i won a big tournament and wiht it golden xai + 2k . i guess it would really look awsome

So Clan Geehack :DISCUSS :D

thanks for all helpfull answers

Offline trax

« Reply #1 on: Sun, 20 November 2011, 15:14:23 »
Hey, I'm also a semi-pro gamer (used to LAN and stuff, but kinda left the scene -> waiting for CSGO which comes in 10 days).
After tons of reading I purchased a white G80-3494 with rainbowed caps from a guy on this site and I'm getting it next week (I hope Wednesday).

MX Reds are really recommended for fps gaming (I asked several people and most of em take reds for fps gaming but browns/blues for RPG and RTS games), I'd take a rosewill when buying a new keyboard with reds.

Also, Xai ****ing sucks.
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 November 2011, 15:23:44 by trax »
Switches tried so far
Cherry MX Red Blue Black Clear
ALPS White Black (fake)Blue
Montereys
ACER
White Black
Futaba
Buckling Sprin

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 20 November 2011, 16:53:33 »
Selling a Rosewill with reds and PBT caps as well as other mods http://tinyurl.com/7725ap8