Author Topic: Steelseries 6Gv2 Limited Edition (MX Red)  (Read 4780 times)

Offline Wihl

Steelseries 6Gv2 Limited Edition (MX Red)
« on: Thu, 24 November 2011, 06:43:44 »
Couldn't find any english news for this but I'll give you a rough translation.
http://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/14770-steelseries-gor-steelkeys-6g-v2-med-roda-cherry-mx-infor-dreamhack-winter

Steelseries launching Steelkeys 6G V2 with red Cherry MX during Dreamhack Winter

It's not just Qpad that will start making Cherry MX Red keyboards. Steelseries is releasing a new version of their 6G V2 keyboard with red mechanical at Dreamhack Winter.

Steelseries Steelkeys 6G V2 Limited Red Edition is the name of a new keyboard with mechanical switches. This time Steelseries is going for red instead of black Cherry MX, which means that the keys will require less force to press down.

"The force that is necessary to register key presses is 20% lighter than the standard Cherry Black switches version of the SteelSeries 6Gv2 – making it an ideal keyboard for users who need rapid and precise movements during high intensity gameplay."

Besides the new red switches the keyboard is nearly identical to the standard Steelkeys 6G V2. It includes a metal frame, gold-plated connectors, USB and PS/2 adapter.
Bortsett från röda brytare är tangentbordet närmast identisk med standardmodellen Steelkeys 6G V2. Det inkluderar metallram, guldpläterade kontaktytor, USB-anslutning samt medföljande PS/2-adapter.

The new keyboard will be sold at the Webhallen (Swedish electronics store -wihledit) at Dreamhack Winter 24-27 november at a cost of 899 kronor ($125) including VAT. The keyboard will be available from other retailers after Dreamhack Winter.

-------------------

Dreamhack == http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DreamHack
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 November 2011, 06:45:58 by Wihl »

Offline pitashen

« Reply #1 on: Sat, 26 November 2011, 21:44:13 »
Think they have to do more than just putting a red mounting plate and red switches to make it a limited edition.
\\\\ DSI Mac Modular Keyboard (Brown) w/ Leo  Blank Keycaps //
\\\\ Leopold 87keys Keyboard (Brown) w/ Black CherryCorp + SP DoubleShots //
\\\\ Filco Majestouch 2 NINJA (Black) w/ White CherryCorp + SP DoublsShots //

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 26 November 2011, 22:02:48 »
I still dont see the big hype over red switches
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 26 November 2011, 22:08:46 »
Quote from: demik;459425
I still dont see the big hype over red switches

I think it's a holdover from when they were super rare.  They are overhyped but not overrated IMO.  Love my red Leopold to death.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 27 November 2011, 01:27:08 »
Quote from: hashbaz;459428
I think it's a holdover from when they were super rare.  They are overhyped but not overrated IMO.  Love my red Leopold to death.
Yeah, I'm loving my red CMstorm.

Now, I'm waiting for someone to stock ergo-clears limited. If so, they'll be able to jack the price up a lot.
---
I'm glad for steelseries: they need another linear switch to make keyboards with, if only they'd abandon that awful enter key.

Offline shogrran

Re: Steelseries 6Gv2 Limited Edition (MX Red)
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 17 August 2012, 15:52:19 »
Is there a US layout for the Steelseries 6gv2? I do not like short shift keys.
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
Re: Steelseries 6Gv2 Limited Edition (MX Red)
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 17 August 2012, 16:53:25 »
Is there a US layout for the Steelseries 6gv2? I do not like short shift keys.
The US version has a normal size left shift key, but the right shift is shorter to accomodate the |\ key, which is completely covered by the ridiculously-huge ("bigass") enter key.

Other ANSI keyboards with smaller enter keys will have the larger shift keys. If you want larger shifts, don't get the steelseries.