Author Topic: Mechanical Keyboard with Nordic (Norwegian or swedish/finnish)  (Read 13731 times)

Offline olve

Mechanical Keyboard with Nordic (Norwegian or swedish/finnish)
« on: Sun, 27 November 2011, 08:32:51 »
Hey I live in Norway and I want a mechanical keyboard for programming and gaming.
But it must have a nordic layout! (you cant just move keycaps around, because nordic keyboards have some extra keys, like a key for <> right of the left shift.)
The big retailers here have a lot of gaming-keyboards available (Razer Blackwidow, Corsair K60/K90, Steelseries 6gv2/7g and QPAD), but im a little reluctant to buy one because Im not only going to use it for gaming, also I really want to try typing with that tactile bump, which you dont get on reds/blacks apparently?

I found a nordic Filco Majestouch 2 with blues/browns, but someone told me about something called the Filco Ping (http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?18739-Have-you-experienced-the-Filco-quot-ping-quot-noise), so I dont know if i should get it?
EDIT: I found ripster's links about the problem, and apparently its not just for filco. So what do I do, just avoid the browns, get blues and hope it doesnt ping?
The DAS keyboards without any printing wont work, because they dont have the extra keys.

are there more keyboards i can find with nordic layouts around?

Offline rodtang

« Reply #1 on: Sun, 27 November 2011, 08:44:18 »
The Filco ping is mostly bullcrap. And if you're quick you can join Double shot replacements ROUND FOUR! before the 30th and get yourself a set of norwegian keycaps that wil fit almost any ISO keyboard with cherry switches.

-Fellow Norwegian.

Offline olve

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 27 November 2011, 08:47:01 »
Quote from: rodtang;459530
The Filco ping is mostly bullcrap. And if you're quick you can join Double shot replacements ROUND FOUR! before the 30th and get yourself a set of norwegian keycaps that wil fit almost any ISO keyboard with cherry switches.

-Fellow Norwegian.

what about the missing keys?
Also, what do you use?

Offline rodtang

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 27 November 2011, 09:45:15 »
If you order the nordic kit + normal kit you will have all the keys for the norwegian layout. I use a un old rubberdome but I have a focus 2002(Alps with norwegian layout)that fell from a shalf because my brother thought it would be a good idea to stack a bunch of books on it...

Offline olve

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 27 November 2011, 09:49:05 »
Quote from: rodtang;459542
If you order the nordic kit + normal kit you will have all the keys for the norwegian layout. I use a un old rubberdome but I have a focus 2002(Alps with norwegian layout)that fell from a shalf because my brother thought it would be a good idea to stack a bunch of books on it...

no, i mean the extra keys nordic keyboards have, like the button for <> right of the left shift, etc. Wont those still be missing if i replace keycaps?

Offline rodtang

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 27 November 2011, 10:17:40 »
Something tells me that they did not agree. ;)

Offline olve

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 27 November 2011, 10:18:30 »
Quote from: ripster;459551
That's what I tried to tell Redpill and KL but they wouldn't listen!
(Attachment Link) 33044[/ATTACH]

Then, getting a filco with blues is not a bad idea?

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 27 November 2011, 11:03:04 »
Quote from: olve;459528
Razer Blackwidow, Corsair K60/K90, Steelseries 6gv2/7g and QPAD), but im a little reluctant to buy one because Im not only going to use it for gaming, also I really want to try typing with that tactile bump, which you dont get on reds/blacks apparently?
The Razer BlackWidow and some of QPAD's keyboards have Cherry MX Blue which is tactile and clicky. More tactile than MX Brown, and loud.
I don't know if Zowie Celeritas exists in Norwegian layout, but it has MX Brown.
🍉

Offline olve

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 27 November 2011, 11:04:22 »
Quote from: Findecanor;459575
The Razer BlackWidow and some of QPAD's keyboards have Cherry MX Blue which is tactile and clicky. More tactile than MX Brown, and loud.
I don't know if Zowie Celeritas exists in Norwegian layout, but it has MX Brown.

Available with the following layouts:
DK (Danish)
SE (Swedish)
NO (Norwegian)
DE (German)
FR (French)
US (American)
UK (English)
RU (Russian)

It sure does; thanks! I will check it out. But what about the Filco?

Offline rodtang

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 27 November 2011, 11:23:17 »
If you want Filco you would at this time have to get key caps from the group buy or you could make enough people show interest here.

Offline olve

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 27 November 2011, 11:26:08 »
Quote from: rodtang;459582
If you want Filco you would at this time have to get key caps from the group buy or you could make enough people show interest here.

There is a filco with swedish keycaps, http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_details.asp?PRODUCT=764
Im just wondering whether or not i should get it despite the pings

Offline rodtang

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 27 November 2011, 11:36:32 »
Get it, the ping is mostly over hyped crap for perfectionists.

Offline olve

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 27 November 2011, 11:38:30 »
Ok, thank you both very much!

Offline olve

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 27 November 2011, 17:19:55 »
Quote from: Findecanor;459575

Zowie Celeritas actually looks pretty nice, in stock and everything. Except for those tacky lights and the solution for media keys looks kind of messy since you need to use 2 hands. Doesnt sound optimal, dunno?

Also, finding keyboards in stock is hard! How reliable are Keyboardco when they say
We are out of stock, but expecting more stock on Tuesday the 29th of November
?

Offline pitashen

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 27 November 2011, 18:41:58 »
Quote from: rodtang;459586
Get it, the ping is mostly over hyped crap for perfectionists.
I wouldn't say it is over-hyped at least to those who suffer from it. It is certainly very true to those who are sensitive to those frequency of noises.

It is indeed very unfortunate.

I do have problem they calling it some sort of defects tho.
\\\\ DSI Mac Modular Keyboard (Brown) w/ Leo  Blank Keycaps //
\\\\ Leopold 87keys Keyboard (Brown) w/ Black CherryCorp + SP DoubleShots //
\\\\ Filco Majestouch 2 NINJA (Black) w/ White CherryCorp + SP DoublsShots //

Offline Osamabingates

Ione Xarmor u27 wireless, blues. Realforce, Topre. Filco with Brown switches....
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 27 November 2011, 19:00:38 »
I would say that the Filco with brown switches are quite loud, the metallic plate resonates quite well and it is very easy to bottom out. A Realforce with topres is much more quiet. Topres gives a very nice solid thump and browns more metallic when you bottom out.

I got my Realforce board from verkkokauppa in Finland, and it worked out well, a tip is to use google translate ;-) This board is very expensive but it is very luxurious.

if you want a wireless mechanical keyboard with blue switches i can vouch for the xarmor u27(U9WL it says on the back) you can get it from the ione-europe webshop. The shipping was really fast and to my door! That was a surprise :-) I had my fist experience with Pay Pal and it worked well! But it was expensive!!!! 155 Euros....

I wish more mechanical keyboards were wireless:-) It would be nice to have this same board with brown or topre switches! Oh and I almost forgot, the board has the german layout....It is the same as the scandinavian layout one except some lettering, the enter key and all the other keys have the same sizes and placements.

The xarmor is really nice. The switches is kind of loud but it is harder to bottom out and that sound is mostly gone except for the spacebar that i always manages to bottom out on. The bottom out noise is much softer on this xarmor keyboard compared to the Filco but not as quiet as the Realforce. The small transmitter is very small, even smaller than logitechs nano. The mouse works well but don't have the same reach. The keyboard manages to go through a concrete wall with the transmitter close to the wall and the keyboard works about a meter on the other side. The board is the same as as the wired Qpad mk-80 and it doesn't give that noisy bottom out noise as the Filco does.

Otherwise i am waiting for a new board with cherry red switches from steelseries which will be cheap by comparison to the other boards i have :-D

To get stuck with these mechanical keyboards is a crazy, get out before it is to late! The best advice i can give you is to not to buy a mechanical keyboard

Offline olve

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 29 November 2011, 01:22:23 »
Quote from: Osamabingates;459776
I would say that the Filco with brown switches are quite loud, the metallic plate resonates quite well and it is very easy to bottom out. A Realforce with topres is much more quiet. Topres gives a very nice solid thump and browns more metallic when you bottom out.

I got my Realforce board from verkkokauppa in Finland, and it worked out well, a tip is to use google translate ;-) This board is very expensive but it is very luxurious.

if you want a wireless mechanical keyboard with blue switches i can vouch for the xarmor u27(U9WL it says on the back) you can get it from the ione-europe webshop. The shipping was really fast and to my door! That was a surprise :-) I had my fist experience with Pay Pal and it worked well! But it was expensive!!!! 155 Euros....

I wish more mechanical keyboards were wireless:-) It would be nice to have this same board with brown or topre switches! Oh and I almost forgot, the board has the german layout....It is the same as the scandinavian layout one except some lettering, the enter key and all the other keys have the same sizes and placements.

The xarmor is really nice. The switches is kind of loud but it is harder to bottom out and that sound is mostly gone except for the spacebar that i always manages to bottom out on. The bottom out noise is much softer on this xarmor keyboard compared to the Filco but not as quiet as the Realforce. The small transmitter is very small, even smaller than logitechs nano. The mouse works well but don't have the same reach. The keyboard manages to go through a concrete wall with the transmitter close to the wall and the keyboard works about a meter on the other side. The board is the same as as the wired Qpad mk-80 and it doesn't give that noisy bottom out noise as the Filco does.

Otherwise i am waiting for a new board with cherry red switches from steelseries which will be cheap by comparison to the other boards i have :-D

To get stuck with these mechanical keyboards is a crazy, get out before it is to late! The best advice i can give you is to not to buy a mechanical keyboard

Thanks!
Hey i found the finnish realforce-keyboards on there.
Do i get it or no? Is topre worth the extra money? How do you like yours?