Author Topic: Black Leopold Tenkeyless with Clears - (Canada)  (Read 5737 times)

Offline Gerk

• Trade Count: (0)
Black Leopold Tenkeyless with Clears - (Canada)
« on: Mon, 05 December 2011, 11:39:34 »
I picked this up here on GH a little while ago and gave it a try, but it's not the switch for me, have fallen in love with reds :)  It's in very good condition (the tiniest bit of wear starting to show on the space bar but you can only see it in the right light at the right angle).  No other signs of wear on any keys.  I also added 40A O-rings to it and I used it lightly for a couple of weeks, not even as my daily driver so I've probably only put about 10 hours on it if that.

I'm thinking $100 CAN OBO plus shipping, if you're in Canada this is a good savings as I've already paid all the import duty and taxes on it, so you save all of that.  Will ship wherever as long as you pay shipping too ... have sent out some boards internationally recently in fact.

Will post pictures at some point if anyone wants to see them ... but it looks like every other Leopold Tenkeyless (black) out there ...

SOLD
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 December 2011, 16:42:55 by Gerk »
Rosewill RK-9000RE (reds) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (browns) | Leopold TKL (browns) | F21-7D "Mechanical Keyboard" (Blue Alps) | Filco Majestouch TKL (blues) | Goldtouch V2 x 2 | Matias Ergo Pro x 2 | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (browns) | Kinesis Freestyle Edge (reds)

Offline Gerk

« Reply #1 on: Thu, 08 December 2011, 14:44:53 »
Bump.  

No Canucks looking for a board with clears?
Rosewill RK-9000RE (reds) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (browns) | Leopold TKL (browns) | F21-7D "Mechanical Keyboard" (Blue Alps) | Filco Majestouch TKL (blues) | Goldtouch V2 x 2 | Matias Ergo Pro x 2 | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (browns) | Kinesis Freestyle Edge (reds)

Offline Nighted

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 08 December 2011, 20:53:39 »
Nope. :(
^ 100% teleprompter free.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline HoboBob

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 10 December 2011, 08:32:14 »
In all fairness, I already have two clear board and one is an Ergo :(

Pretty good price for Canucks esp since it comes with lil' wear and o-rings.

I can only wish you good luck with your sale. It's a shame many ppl tried the switch and hated it. I blame the fact that the keyboard pool is over-saturated with browns :D (well... my first drviers were mx Black and Clear)

Anyway, GLWS!

Offline JimBobMorris

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 10 December 2011, 23:26:40 »
Still no offers?

If you really want to get rid of it i'd be happy to buy it for $50 :D

GLWS, bump.
Leopold TKL Black w/ Cherry MX Blues | Deck 82 (Ice) w/ Cherry MX Blacks

Offline Gerk

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 11 December 2011, 13:47:59 »
Quote from: JimBobMorris;468098
Still no offers?

If you really want to get rid of it i'd be happy to buy it for $50 :D

GLWS, bump.

LOL not that hard up yet ;)  No offers as of yet, I think that the clears get no love.  They are really a great switch, just not to my taste.  For someone who wants to type without bottoming out they are a great choice actually, and if you're feeling adventurous they are good to make ergo clears with.  I was going to do this but I have too many boards currently and not sure I want to bother with the work it entails.

Still up for offers ... c'mon canucks .. this would make a great christmas present for a mech keyboard fan in your life :)

Offline scrubadub

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 11 December 2011, 17:09:50 »
Just to chip in as the original owner of this board:

1. Gerk is a great buyer/seller
2. In retrospect, I think I would have kept the clears at least as a gaming board (at least the games I play). Holding down modifiers and WASD keys for awhile, I think I'd like the cushioned effect rather than just pressing hard against the plate.

Not that I'm advocating sending the board back down to the US again and going through customs.
Realforce 87UB45 & 87UW45, Leopold FC200 Red

Offline inaneframe

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 11 December 2011, 17:53:03 »
I get so angry by the thought that customs are even a factor in your sale here.  Totes bummer you can't ship to, say, Washington or Nevada for as cheap as it would be for someone from Massachusetts or New Hampshire.

GLWS, I would like to try out some clears but it's not in the cards right now!

Offline Gerk

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 12 December 2011, 13:38:06 »
Quote from: scrubadub;468454
Just to chip in as the original owner of this board:

1. Gerk is a great buyer/seller
2. In retrospect, I think I would have kept the clears at least as a gaming board (at least the games I play). Holding down modifiers and WASD keys for awhile, I think I'd like the cushioned effect rather than just pressing hard against the plate.

Not that I'm advocating sending the board back down to the US again and going through customs.

With the O-ring mod I did it's even better now too for that sort of stuff.

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 12 December 2011, 14:55:37 »
Quote from: inaneframe;468473
I get so angry by the thought that customs are even a factor in your sale here.  Totes bummer you can't ship to, say, Washington or Nevada for as cheap as it would be for someone from Massachusetts or New Hampshire.

GLWS, I would like to try out some clears but it's not in the cards right now!

Customs are murder on us Canadians for some things. I ordered my Leopold for $100 and paid $160 after shipping and customs. That's a ridiculous 60% increase on the base price! People in the US could probably buy a Filco for less. I stopped ordering from stores in the US after that. So far I have the one Leopold from EK, a Kinesis from the Canadian reseller, a Poker from Ebay, and 5 second hand keyboards from Geekhackers in the US. I don't know what I'd do if it weren't for the classifieds here.

Since we normally have to pay around $160, this is awesome at $100 for Canadians. Sucks to be us. :(

---

Gerk, if you want to sell just the O-rings I'd be interested in them. In fact I'm only really interested in having 33 of them for the letters and symbols and maybe a few more for the spacebar and another miscellaneous thing or two. Since they come in bags of 125 you have 125-87 = 38 spare right? Perhaps you could just sell me the spares you have.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 December 2011, 14:59:44 by oneproduct »
Layout: Colemak
Fastest typing speed: 131 WPM on typeracer, 136 WPM on 10fastfingers.
Daily driver: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown with ergonomically weighted, lubed springs.
Ergo keyboards: Truly Ergonomic, Kinesis Advantage, Ergodox

Offline Gerk

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 12 December 2011, 15:03:12 »
Quote from: oneproduct;469057
Customs are murder on us Canadians for some things. I ordered my Leopold for $100 and paid $160 after shipping and customs. That's a ridiculous 60% increase on the base price! People in the US could probably buy a Filco for less. I stopped ordering from stores in the US after that. So far I have the one Leopold from EK, a Kinesis from the Canadian reseller, a Poker from Ebay, and 5 second hand keyboards from Geekhackers in the US. I don't know what I'd do if it weren't for the classifieds here.

Since we normally have to pay around $160, this is awesome at $100 for Canadians. Sucks to be us. :(

---

Gerk, if you want to sell just the O-rings I'd be interested in them. In fact I'm only really interested in having 33 of them for the letters and symbols and maybe a few more for the spacebar and another miscellaneous thing or two. Since they come in bags of 125 you have 125-87 = 38 spare right? Perhaps you could just sell me the spares you have.

No spares, I bought a few packages and used them on various keyboards (mostly tenkeyless so it all turned out as odd numbers).  You should order them from WASD ... the shipping was $3.50 or something and no taxes/duty ... they also arrived in a few days.  No problems with smaller items like that, it's the bigger more expensive ones that we get shafted on.  Also you'll find that it's good to have them on many of the keys, nice for modifiers and the like as well as arrows and if you use any other keys (like del/ins page up/page down) they are good there too.

Indeed it sucks to have to import our own boards (especially considering that EK also has to pay duty importing them into the US which gets rolled into the price).

Offline Nighted

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 12 December 2011, 15:13:43 »
If ordering to Canada from the US use USPS and you can avoid brokerage fees. :)
^ 100% teleprompter free.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline inaneframe

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 12 December 2011, 16:40:56 »
I got mine from the o-ring store:

Thanks for shopping with us today!
The following are the details of your order.

[ . . . ]

Products
------------------------------------------------------
65 x 2mm X 4mm Metric Buna-N 70 O-ring (N2.00X004)  = $5.53
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: $5.53
USPS First Class Mail (USPS First Class Mail): $5.00
Total: $10.53

35 of them would run you about $3 plus shipping, whatever that will be.  Shouldn't be much since they send it in an envelope.

Offline Gerk

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 12 December 2011, 18:00:40 »
Quote from: Nighted;469063
If ordering to Canada from the US use USPS and you can avoid brokerage fees. :)

No, not really.  If it's an item that is expensive enough to warranty duty you still pay a brokerage fee of $5 (or is it $6 now?).  The only way to avoid brokerage is to use one of the more expensive UPS/Fedex services, that come with brokerage included.  And then either way you are still having to pay duty (if it's made outside of north america which almost all of the mechanical keybaords we all love are) and then then you also still have to pay the local taxes depending on the province (GST or HST).

Quote from: inaneframe;469151
I got mine from the o-ring store:

35 of them would run you about $3 plus shipping, whatever that will be.  Shouldn't be much since they send it in an envelope.

Are those 70A hardness?  If so I think they would be pretty hard ... I like the 40A ones that WASD is selling (the red/pink ones), I even find the 50A ones a bit too hard, I can't imagine how rigid the 70A are.

Offline inaneframe

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 12 December 2011, 18:18:08 »
Yeah they definitely aren't soft but I don't cram down on them either.

Offline inaneframe

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 12 December 2011, 18:28:23 »

Offline max in montreal

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 12 December 2011, 18:29:46 »
where in toronto are you located? I am here for the week, and am just starting to look at mechanical keyboards...

what exactly do the rings do?

Offline inaneframe

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 12 December 2011, 18:33:52 »
Quote from: max in montreal;469214
where in toronto are you located? I am here for the week, and am just starting to look at mechanical keyboards...

what exactly do the rings do?

If done right, it has a silencing and softening effect by making the keycaps not "bottom out" and hit the pcb or plate.

Offline Gerk

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 12 December 2011, 18:43:00 »
Yes, it quiets down the sound a good bit and feels softer at the end of the key travel.  I also do find it nice when holding down keys like in gaming as well, with the softer ones especially there's more "give" at the end of the key so when you're mashing it down for an hour it's nicer on the fingers :)

I'm actually just outside Toronto in Oakville, but I get into the city often so willing to meet up if you are interested in buying.  Also just being upfront with you here ... cherry clears are not usually a typical first buy for people getting into mechanical boards (who often get browns or blues), or at least that's the case from what I've seen on here and personally experienced.  They are stiff keys compared to most other cherry switches.  That said I don't think there's anything wrong with buying them first either ... it really depends on the type of switch you're looking for.  I suggest to read up on the options first.  Not that I wouldn't be happy to sell it to you of course :)

Offline max in montreal

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 12 December 2011, 18:55:24 »
its a gadget thing...and i must start somewhere...where can i find a write up on all the different switches?

Offline Gerk

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 12 December 2011, 18:57:27 »
Quote from: max in montreal;469234
its a gadget thing...and i must start somewhere...where can i find a write up on all the different switches?

Click the wiki button at the top of the page and there will be answers to most of your questions and way more.

Offline Gerk

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 12 December 2011, 18:58:26 »
Start with the Mechanical Keyboard Guide and work your way beyond as required :)

Offline JimBobMorris

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 12 December 2011, 21:41:45 »
I see it still has yet to sell.

I raise my initial offer to $55! :D

bump.

Offline max in montreal

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 13 December 2011, 07:35:18 »
I'd do it for 75$

Offline Gerk

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 13 December 2011, 10:29:40 »
I still have to hold out for more offers ... it's a good deal at $100 but at $75 it's robbery, especially considering I did all the O-ring stuff to it as well.

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 13 December 2011, 22:36:13 »
I'll offer to buy the O-rings off of it at cost. Like (WASDkeyboards price + shipping) * 97/125 (87 + extra 2*5 for stabilized keys = 97)
Layout: Colemak
Fastest typing speed: 131 WPM on typeracer, 136 WPM on 10fastfingers.
Daily driver: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown with ergonomically weighted, lubed springs.
Ergo keyboards: Truly Ergonomic, Kinesis Advantage, Ergodox

Offline Gerk

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 13 December 2011, 22:41:13 »
Not really interested in removing the O-rings and parting them out, sorry.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 20 December 2011, 14:48:14 »
I'll give you 100 shipped for it I'm in California.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Offline Gerk

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 20 December 2011, 21:13:41 »
Quote from: lightsout714;474630
I'll give you 100 shipped for it I'm in California.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Sorry, shipping to california is expensive from here ($35+).

Please turn off those Taptalk signatures :)

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 20 December 2011, 23:11:15 »
Don't hate cause I got a Nexus ;)  jk

Tapatalk sigs ftw!

I understand on the price though.  Thats a lot for shipping. I'm going to go ahead and just order a new white one.

Offline Gerk

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 21 December 2011, 00:22:35 »
Yep probably makes the most sense for another Canuck ... saves the taxes and duty and exchange rate.

Offline Gerk

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 26 December 2011, 11:53:53 »
Bump!  Any Canucks looking for a nice and hardly used tenkeyless with clears?

Offline Gerk

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 26 December 2011, 12:42:25 »
Naw, just looking to clear out stuff I'm not using to make room for stuff I want :)

Offline Gerk

« Reply #33 on: Thu, 29 December 2011, 16:41:55 »
Sold!

Offline prock

« Reply #34 on: Thu, 29 December 2011, 18:42:45 »
tyvm!
TKL Filco MJ w/browns + o-rings | TKL Leopold w/clears

Offline Gerk

« Reply #35 on: Thu, 29 December 2011, 20:01:09 »
Quote from: prock;479857
tyvm!

Hope you enjoy it.

Offline JimBobMorris

« Reply #36 on: Thu, 29 December 2011, 20:02:10 »
congratz on the sale!

Offline scrubadub

« Reply #37 on: Thu, 29 December 2011, 20:46:40 »
I'm hoping the keyboard finds a permanent home!
Realforce 87UB45 & 87UW45, Leopold FC200 Red