Author Topic: Help setup script for AutoHotkey please!  (Read 2116 times)

Offline WiL11o6

Help setup script for AutoHotkey please!
« on: Mon, 12 December 2011, 05:10:45 »
Hello, sorry if this is the wrong place to post there, but it's the most active thread and it's keyboard related so I'd thought I'd post here anyway.

I bought a Filco Majestouch and I miss having the media keys on my old Logitech board. I was advised to download AutoHotkey on other forums but am having trouble setting up the script to get it to run properly. I did try to do it myself but wasn't able to get it for some reason. If anyone would like to help me, that would be great! Here's what I need the script for:

I already made a script for simple things, like opening winamp, but I can't get a script going for next/previous track, pause/play, and stop. If anyone can help me, or recommend me another program, that'll be great.

Thanks!

Offline Mater

« Reply #1 on: Mon, 12 December 2011, 05:30:53 »
Try using winamp shortcuts. You can set them up easily and they work even when you are running something in fullscreen. No need to bother yourself with autohotkey there...

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 12 December 2011, 06:41:26 »
you didn't say what key you want to do what.
example with arrows and apps key>

AppsKey & Up::Send {Media_Stop}
AppsKey & Down::Send {Media_Play_Pause}
AppsKey & Right::Send {Media_Next}
AppsKey & Left::Send {Media_Prev}

Offline WiL11o6

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 12 December 2011, 16:46:09 »
Thanks for trying to help. I was just going to change to whatever keys later, just needed the script, but it'll probably be alt+arrow keys for them.

laffindude, the script doesn't work for some reason. I posted help on another forum, and that is the exact script I was given too. I set winamp as my default player already, I don't know why it's not working..

and Mater, where do I go in the options to get to the winamp shortcuts? I want to say, be playing BF3, and just switch songs by hitting a shortcut. I don't want to alt tab into winamp to do it.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 12 December 2011, 18:13:56 »
I haven't used Winamp in years. I remember they had problems recognizing some keyboards' media controls (part of the reason I dropped it). I had to manually edit the configs to get it working.
However, I am not sure if it is Winamp or AHK error in this case. Or both. AHK may not be sending out the keycode Winamp recognizes as media keys. So you may want to test sending out some random stuff to make sure AHK is indeed outputting, and try rebind the media controls in Winamp. Another thing is that games may trap actual key presses, and not actually allowing it AHK to read it. My AHK and internal Foobar binds do not work while gaming.
(edit: Just tried my CMstorm. The media keys do not work in Skyrim... The only game I have installed at the moment.)
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 December 2011, 18:23:30 by laffindude »

Offline WiL11o6

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 13 December 2011, 05:11:19 »
Ahh...I see. I just opened up Windows Media Player and the script worked for WMP, even though it's not set at default. Can a script be written specifically for Winamp?

Offline Brodie337

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 13 December 2011, 06:28:09 »
In Winamp's preferences (can't remember where), you need to enable Global Media Shortcut Keys or something similar to that. If I remember rightly, it's near the preference pane where you set the other media keys.

@laffindude. Skyrim is a bastard. I've set all my media keys using AHK, and none of them work in Skyrim. Thankfully Skyrim doesn't mind if I Alt+Tab out like some games do.

Offline WiL11o6

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 13 December 2011, 16:34:12 »
Ah ha! Thanks Brodie337, that did it.

Thanks a bunch all!

Offline Mater

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 14 December 2011, 10:35:59 »
Oh sorry for late reply...well basicly what Brodie337 said. In preferences, hotkeys enable global hotkeys and the rest is pretty straight forward. I am using control + arrow cluster to manage my winamp. So far no problem :-) Hope it helps...

EDIT: Oh I did not read the last post. So glad you are set :-) ....well nevermind then :-P:-D