Author Topic: Shoddy Ducky USB port replacement.  (Read 2339 times)

Offline sealcouch

Shoddy Ducky USB port replacement.
« on: Thu, 15 December 2011, 16:20:01 »
It's been a while since I made a thread. I've been busy with school. and every time I move my Ducky tenkeyless out of the way, the connector craps out and the caps lock and num lock keys blink and try to reconnect. Eventually I have to completely unplug it from the back of the keyboard and plug it back in to get it working again. Is there an easy way to replace the usb port on the keyboard and if so, where can I go about buying a replacement? I can solder pretty decently.

I knew I should have listened when people told me not to get a Ducky. D:

Offline sealcouch

« Reply #1 on: Thu, 15 December 2011, 17:16:51 »
Quote from: ripster;471630
Yep.

Known problem pointed out by me many a time.

QUACK!
(Attachment Link) 35111[/ATTACH] (Attachment Link) 35112[/ATTACH]

Thanks a ton, ripster. Where can I go about getting one of the cable/connector thingys shown in the pictures?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 15 December 2011, 17:46:57 »
Easiest fix, use an old usb port from a computer case. It has the same pin header connection. Perhaps an A to A cable would work better for you.
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 35113[/ATTACH]
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 December 2011, 17:49:31 by lysol »

Offline sealcouch

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 15 December 2011, 18:50:35 »
Well. It turns on the shell was the only thing holding the connector in. I took it apart and the thing just fell out of the holes in the board.  It's a tenkeyless so it's all on one board. ****'s broken more than I care to mess with at this point I'm just going to sell it broken.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 17 December 2011, 20:40:14 »
Quote from: sealcouch;471684
Well. It turns on the shell was the only thing holding the connector in. I took it apart and the thing just fell out of the holes in the board.  It's a tenkeyless so it's all on one board. ****'s broken more than I care to mess with at this point I'm just going to sell it broken.

Hmm, how broken? I mean if the connector is on the PCB (I think it is on that one) you can maybe resolder one or convert it to a short cord (with strain relief and a USB connector at the end) or something.