Author Topic: EBAY keycaps  (Read 3576 times)

Offline purple_haze

EBAY keycaps
« on: Sun, 18 December 2011, 13:43:48 »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/37-Keycaps-Cherry-MX-keyboard-Blue-US-Shipper-NEW-US-Shipper-Side-Texted-/110786248039?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item19cb5ffd67

i wonder how the quality are these keycaps are for.  I just wanted to customize my das keyboard with the black and white checkerboard format for the keycaps and i don't know if these are ok keycaps to use as replacements for the keyboard.
Das Keyboard Silent S MX Browns | Filco Majestouch 2 MX Browns | Filco Majestouch MX Blues TKL

Offline LEGITBALLIN

EBAY keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 18 December 2011, 15:36:27 »
i heard they were really cheap feeling and bad quality but they are pretty cheap if anyone says anything good about them i might get them for my das aswell
V-tec just kicked in yo\'

Offline lenakira

EBAY keycaps
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 28 December 2011, 17:49:38 »
-Removed-

Offline SoulSpirit

EBAY keycaps
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 23 January 2012, 08:18:17 »
Anybody buy this keycaps?
I checked some coloured sets on ebay and i see that many people buy this. Maybe anybody in on geekhack buyed this and can make a little review?
I know i dont think its high quality but how bad is it ?=P
And are these the same keys form as on the filco or a little bit different?
i hope its not a problem here that i push this thread ._.

Offline Saviant

EBAY keycaps
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 23 January 2012, 08:42:17 »
I brought a set of them when I first started on the road to pbt keycaps. The ones I got were very smooth and I did not like them and tossed them out after less than an hour use.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
EBAY keycaps
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 23 January 2012, 14:48:30 »
Can't really judge quality or feel unless you have then right in front of you. But just from looking at the pic, the font looks like crap.

Offline gridlock

EBAY keycaps
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 29 January 2012, 15:49:23 »
I bought from them cause they were cheap. They're not the best keycaps in the world but for the price, im pretty happy. However I will most definitely be replacing them in the near future. Also the letters are not etched, they are stickers stuck on with strong adhesives and you can feel a raised bump so if that bothers you, then don't buy these. Just my two cents.