Author Topic: Cherry MX Blue Switches for Filco TKL  (Read 1428 times)

Offline nala

• Trade Count: (0)
  • sup son ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cherry MX Blue Switches for Filco TKL
« on: Fri, 23 December 2011, 18:39:41 »
So I had a spill like a month ago but it wasn't that bad. Two or three switches aren't working as normal so I'm gonna replace them. I need around 10 Cherry MX Blue Switches for my TKL Filco.

I can buy them from Mouser but the problem is I'm from Argentina and they just ship through courier shipping (Fedex, UPS, DHL) which means excessive prices and customs problems, so I need someone that is willing to ship through USPS. I don't mind buying a few more if you wanna sell all of them. The switches have to be new and in perfect conditions.

If someone knows a site like Mouser that ships international (but with USPS) and sells Cherry MX switches I would really appreciate it.
Collection: Filco Majestouch-2 TKL ~ Filco Majestouch-2 TKLRazer BlackWidowUltimate

Offline Eccentricity

« Reply #1 on: Sat, 24 December 2011, 05:49:06 »
Would DigiKey help here?
I'm not entirely sure of their shipping practices, but I know they ship all over the US and Canada.

search.digikey.com/us/en/cat/switches/pushbutton/1114209?k=cherry%20mx

Edit: Looks like "USPS Express Mail International" is a shipping option, as well as "Other"; of which you can specify in the order notes.
Hope this is of help!
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 December 2011, 05:52:33 by Eccentricity »

Offline nala

• sup son ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 24 December 2011, 14:09:38 »
Quote from: ripster;476965
Sounds like the PFTE spray didn't work?

It did work actually. The problem also was that with my superman force I pulled a switch while I was removing keycaps around to clean and lubricate the switches. I even had a remover. I guess it was sticky inside so I basically pulled the blue thing out.

I got a friend here who will solder it for me, so now I just need the switches to replace them.

Quote from: Eccentricity;477085
Would DigiKey help here?
I'm not entirely sure of their shipping practices, but I know they ship all over the US and Canada.

search.digikey.com/us/en/cat/switches/pushbutton/1114209?k=cherry%20mx

Edit: Looks like "USPS Express Mail International" is a shipping option, as well as "Other"; of which you can specify in the order notes.
Hope this is of help!

Thank you so much I'll check this out.

Does anyone know the difference between the MX1A-E1NW and the MX1A-E1NN other than the price?. What would be the one I need for Filco keyboards?
Collection: Filco Majestouch-2 TKL ~ Filco Majestouch-2 TKLRazer BlackWidowUltimate

Offline sordna

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 24 December 2011, 14:35:10 »
Quote from: nala;477242
Does anyone know the difference between the MX1A-E1NW and the MX1A-E1NN other than the price?. What would be the one I need for Filco keyboards?

W are pcb mounted (have pins) and N are plate mounted, so I think the N version is used in Filco's but both should work.
Part number chart here: http://www.cherrycorp.com/english/switches/key/mx.htm (scroll down to find it).
Here's a screenshot of it:

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 35872[/ATTACH]
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard